STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, July 11th, 2020 | UFC Fight Island | Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Main Card (PPV, 9pm CT)

Welterweight Title Fight
    Kamaru Usman (c) (170) vs Jorge Masvidal (170)

Featherweight Title Fight
    Alexander Volkanovski (c) (145) vs Max Holloway (145)

Bantamweight Title Fight
    Petr Yan (135) vs Jose Aldo (135)

Jessica Andrade (115) vs Rose Namajunas (116)
    Amanda Ribas (126) vs Paige VanZant (126)

Prelims (ESPN/ESPN+, 7pm CT)

Volkan Oezdemir (205.5) vs Jiri Prochazka (205)
    Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos (171) vs Muslim Salikhov (171)
    Makwan Amirkhani (146) vs Danny Henry (146)
    Leonardo Santos (156) vs Roman Bogatov (155.5)

Early Prelims (Fight Pass/ESPN/ESPN+, 5pm CT)

Marcin Tybura (252) vs Maxim Grishin (223)
    Raulian Paiva (129)* vs Zhalgas Zhamagulov (126)
    Karol Rosa (136) vs Vanessa Melo (141)**
    Martin Day (136) vs Davey Grant (136)

*Paiva missed the Flyweight limit by 3 pounds and will be fined 20% of his purse
    **Melo missed the Bantamweight limit by 5 pounds and will be fined 30% of her purse

Fight Odds

Tapology Event Page

• CityBoy410

I pray that no fighter or their team, test positive for the COVID-19 because this card looks greats 🙏🏾

• NewMike

PVZ the slate breaker

• thevogaman

@NewMike said...

PVZ the slate breaker

I mean… I wouldn’t go too heavy on her, but I’ll have some. I think Ribas is getting a little bit overrated now… and $9500 is gonna be a fade for me.

Having 3 5 round fights is going to make this card really interesting. Usman has been fantasy gold and all the way up to this fight I’ve been thinking I’d lock him in, but I’m feeling like 50% Usman and 30% Burns now for some reason.

I think Holloway is going to be very popular

• CityBoy410

Khabib predicts Usman, Yan and Holloway so I probably going heavy on them. Lol

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

I think Ribas is getting a little bit overrated now…

• rourke441

there is also a ufc fight nite card on wed. july 15 on july 11 i bet a parlay of ribas-burns-holloway why not

• ImADonk11

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #83

RG Tiered Ranking

@thevogaman said...

I mean… I wouldn’t go too heavy on her, but I’ll have some. I think Ribas is getting a little bit overrated now… and $9500 is gonna be a fade for me.

Having 3 5 round fights is going to make this card really interesting. Usman has been fantasy gold and all the way up to this fight I’ve been thinking I’d lock him in, but I’m feeling like 50% Usman and 30% Burns now for some reason.

Based on my limited understanding does this mean we likely will need all these fights in most of our lines? Every thing I have read always makes a point of stating how you will need the main event of 5 rounds (only been playing the last 3 or 4 cards). Unless of course there is a 2nd/3rd round ko then it would likely make sense to fade?

Also, is it true these fights are going to be fought outside in the octagon on the beach in the heat? I saw some picture yesterday floating around which seemed to suggest that. If that is the case we are going to need a cardio/gas tank ranking and pay close attention to who looks out of shape obviously.

• someclevername

Real quick – to piggyback on vogaman’s comments from the other thread – yeah, watching previous fights is the most important thing. I didn’t mean to give the impression that weigh-ins are. I just meant that if I don’t get around to doing anything else, I still make sure to watch them. Agree 100% w/his comments that they are just “a piece of the puzzle”.

• thevogaman

@ImADonk11 said...

Based on my limited understanding does this mean we likely will need all these fights in most of our lines? Every thing I have read always makes a point of stating how you will need the main event of 5 rounds (only been playing the last 3 or 4 cards). Unless of course there is a 2nd/3rd round ko then it would likely make sense to fade?

Also, is it true these fights are going to be fought outside in the octagon on the beach in the heat? I saw some picture yesterday floating around which seemed to suggest that. If that is the case we are going to need a cardio/gas tank ranking and pay close attention to who looks out of shape obviously.

I think it makes sense to target fights that are 5 rounds instead of 3, as a general rule… but it doesn’t always work out that way. Especially if you have 2 evenly matched counter strikers.

Me personally, I think you’ll need minimum 2 of the 5 round winners, and probably all 3.

It will be inside an arena. I think that cage on the beach was for training only. I would imagine whatever venue they use will be hot though, just probably not as bad as it would be with an audience.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Agree 100% w/his comments that they are just “a piece of the puzzle”.

… and a puzzle I’ve rarely come even close to solving (so take it with a grain of salt).

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

… and a puzzle I’ve rarely come even close to solving (so take it with a grain of salt).

MMA DFS for me has been a 1,000 piece puzzle of a picture that takes place at night.

I think you weighted nickname analysis far too low, but other than that, spot-on.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

MMA DFS for me has been a 1,000 piece puzzle of a picture that takes place at night.

I think you weighted nickname analysis far too low, but other than that, spot-on.

Ya know, I did say Juicy J was the better nickname early last thread… should have followed my instincts.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

Ya know, I did say Juicy J was the better nickname early last thread… should have followed my instincts.

It was a “Tibetan Eagle” situation lol. We live & learn.

I need to check out this Jiri Prochazka fella a bit more, but just scanning his recent fights…$8400 for Oez ain’t lookin’ bad at all.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

It was a “Tibetan Eagle” situation lol. We live & learn.

I need to check out this Jiri Prochazka fella a bit more, but just scanning his recent fights…$8400 for Oez ain’t lookin’ bad at all.

Yeah. Haven’t made it that far, yet. This Alexander Romanov cat though… for a fat guy can really move. Like shockingly agile and athletic. Don’t anybody let the weigh-ins fool you.

• joephoto

Been fortunate playing satellite contests. I’ve accumulated 9 – $25 Milly entries for this card so far.
    Card looks playable alright, but I know I gotta watch out for those tricky “free squares”.

• thevogaman

@joephoto said...

Been fortunate playing satellite contests. I’ve accumulated 9 – $25 Milly entries for this card so far.
    Card looks playable alright, but I know I gotta watch out for those tricky “free squares”.

Damn dude… where you winning all those? The free Madden games?

• joephoto

@thevogaman said...

Damn dude… where you winning all those? The free Madden games?

Won entries with 10cent, 25 cent and $1 satellites on LOL, CS-GO mostly.
    I look for contests that are under entered.
    My DK balance has bottomed out though.
    So I look forward to this on July 11th to rebound.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

This Alexander Romanov cat though… for a fat guy can really move. Like shockingly agile and athletic.

Also…“King Kong”. I don’t need to hear anything else, really. I’m in.

• ImADonk11

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #83

RG Tiered Ranking

@someclevername said...

Real quick – to piggyback on vogaman’s comments from the other thread – yeah, watching previous fights is the most important thing. I didn’t mean to give the impression that weigh-ins are. I just meant that if I don’t get around to doing anything else, I still make sure to watch them. Agree 100% w/his comments that they are just “a piece of the puzzle”.

No you didn’t give off that impression, I probably worded it too strong. I agree with both of you about the puzzle pieces, it does seem to me that from my limited experience struggles at the weigh in/looking out of shape has paid off. But as we have discussed, I am really starting to see the benefits of the eye test and am glad I am watching the fights more and gaining that memory bank. My best sport if MLB and although I do tons of reading/grinding I have to say I watch so much baseball that a lot of times I just trust my eyes and what I have seen.

Like vman suggested I should really go back and watch tape on these guys seeing as how we have two weeks to get ready. You think just finding fights/highlights on Youtube will work? Rather not just see highlights as clearly that can be misleading. Bottom line is after these last few weeks I really want to gauge exactly who these guys/gals are before I roster them.

• ImADonk11

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #83

RG Tiered Ranking

@thevogaman said...

I solved it two weeks ago but it was split 125 ways or something lol. Ran pretty damn good to hit it though. I just took the information I got from all the various sites and liked what I heard/and the price on Aguilera, locked in Dvalishvili, read how Agapova liked to KO people (she is a beast btw) and then went all in on the other chick opposing Eye because of the weigh in thing. Then just rotated Nam and Vetorri and others in with them and binked it. I am now seeing how pure I ran to get that lineup. This is definitely a sport for multiple lineups/MME.

The one thing I have been doing is just circling the fights with KO potential and just rolling with them. I will say my strategy has been very boom or bust. Besides the week I had the optimal in one line, my nights have ended rather early. These last two weeks have seen so many upsets it is wild. I will say these newer fighters stepping in on short notice has been annoying because then I feel like I must play them i.e. all in on Camacho a few weeks ago. Oops. But regardless I am enjoying it.

• thevogaman

@ImADonk11 said...

The one thing I have been doing is just circling the fights with KO potential and just rolling with them. I will say my strategy has been very boom or bust.

Yeah, I think it’s interesting how it works some times. For one thing, a lot of times the winning lineup isn’t even the optimal. Then you look at this past card… Boser didn’t have a good finish prop at all and Erosa had the worst odds on the card. Perry had a great finish prop, but he really only got to the optimal fantasy-wise because of a lot of advances on the ground… which I don’t think anyone was predicting.

One thing I think you have to always heavily target is relentless wrestlers like Merab or Blaydes. For 251… honestly, that’s probably Usman. I just think there’s so few scenarios where you won’t need him.

• thevogaman

@ImADonk11 said...

Like vman suggested I should really go back and watch tape on these guys seeing as how we have two weeks to get ready. You think just finding fights/highlights on Youtube will work? Rather not just see highlights as clearly that can be misleading. Bottom line is after these last few weeks I really want to gauge exactly who these guys/gals are before I roster them.

I’d recommend looking on tapology at their most recent fights and just googling Fighter A vs Fighter B full fight video. There’s some random sites that will have bootleg versions of past UFC fights. I used to use fightpass but since the ESPN deal half the fights I wanted to watch would say not available in your area.

Usually the non UFC fights are on YouTube with some exceptions.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

I’m with you on this. Thinking Jiri gonna get No Time before he’s out. I’ll have some Jiri, but I really think Volkan cracks him early and we’ve seen what happens when he lands on people clean early in a fight.

• smonger19

@thevogaman said...

I can’t see Ribas in any of my lineups at $9,500…I don’t see a finish, but I can very easily see her picking up the win with a very under-optimal 90 points…

The other women’s fight confuses me to in the pricing as Rosa is $9,200, overpriced in my mind for someone who should win, but probably won’t make value…correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems like DK strictly goes by fight odds when the put out the pricing and it seems that in some cases this creates easy fades….

I also love having three 5 round fights…I think I’ll go about 75/25 for Usman in the main event.

• smonger19

@someclevername said...

Unfortunately for me, the dog has always eaten a couple pieces of the puzzle.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler