STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, July 11th, 2020 | UFC Fight Island | Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Main Card (PPV, 9pm CT)

Welterweight Title Fight
    Kamaru Usman (c) (170) vs Jorge Masvidal (170)

Featherweight Title Fight
    Alexander Volkanovski (c) (145) vs Max Holloway (145)

Bantamweight Title Fight
    Petr Yan (135) vs Jose Aldo (135)

Jessica Andrade (115) vs Rose Namajunas (116)
    Amanda Ribas (126) vs Paige VanZant (126)

Prelims (ESPN/ESPN+, 7pm CT)

Volkan Oezdemir (205.5) vs Jiri Prochazka (205)
    Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos (171) vs Muslim Salikhov (171)
    Makwan Amirkhani (146) vs Danny Henry (146)
    Leonardo Santos (156) vs Roman Bogatov (155.5)

Early Prelims (Fight Pass/ESPN/ESPN+, 5pm CT)

Marcin Tybura (252) vs Maxim Grishin (223)
    Raulian Paiva (129)* vs Zhalgas Zhamagulov (126)
    Karol Rosa (136) vs Vanessa Melo (141)**
    Martin Day (136) vs Davey Grant (136)

*Paiva missed the Flyweight limit by 3 pounds and will be fined 20% of his purse
    **Melo missed the Bantamweight limit by 5 pounds and will be fined 30% of her purse

Fight Odds

Tapology Event Page

• thevogaman

@smonger19 said...

Unfortunately for me, the dog has always eaten a couple pieces of the puzzle.

This might be the best analogy for mma dfs.

I’m thinking about throwing something on Van Zant by decision at +965. I have no justification for how she wins other than its WMMA.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

I’m with you on this. Thinking Jiri gonna get No Time before he’s out. I’ll have some Jiri, but I really think Volkan cracks him early and we’ve seen what happens when he lands on people clean early in a fight.

His KO of Misha Cirkunov remains one of the strangest I’ve ever seen.

• someclevername

@smonger19 said...

Unfortunately for me, the dog has always eaten a couple pieces of the puzzle.

Not last card though!

• smonger19

@someclevername said...

Not last card though!

Every dog finds a bone.

• NewMike

My thoughts on the first 5 fights.

I don’t know

• mcgruffthecrimedog

How is Ribas this much of a favorite? I know Paige is not very good, but Ribas hasnt proved too much either. And it’s women’s MMA. I dont like Paige really in DFS, but she could be worth a sprinkle if you’re betting the fight.

• someclevername

@mcgruffthecrimedog said...

How is Ribas this much of a favorite? I know Paige is not very good, but Ribas hasnt proved too much either. And it’s women’s MMA. I dont like Paige really in DFS, but she could be worth a sprinkle if you’re betting the fight.

Agree – that line is crazy town.

• thevogaman

Finally finished taping a few of these debuting fighters for anybody interested who might not want to take the time:

I think Romanov should be able to swarm Tybura early or else toss him (literally), get on top, and just maul him. If he struggles with the takedown, he has pretty terrible defense and he’ll probably gas out. So yeah… it’s hard to judge since he’s only fighting cans, but I think he’s the play of the two and probably gets a first round finish.

I’m concerned with a couple of things with Prochazka, even though I think he could beat a lot of UFC-caliber guys. I don’t know how well his game will translate to the cage and specifically guys clinching him against it. Seems like something Volkan could have success with. I also think Prochazka might struggle with the leg kicks from Volkan… and if his lead leg takes too much damage, I think he’ll be a sitting duck. Also he fights with his hands down a lot which could be a huge mistake with a guy like Oezdemir. I’m probably not going to go as heavily on this fight as I initially thought though and starting to think this one sees the cards.

Bogatov is pretty relentless with his takedowns and grappling, but I wouldn’t think that’s a good idea against someone like Leonardo Santos. Maybe he controls him on the ground and Santos finally looks his age. I’m probably going to have a little bit of both.

Still need to watch Zhumagulov and Melo.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

Also he fights with his hands down a lot which could be a huge mistake with a guy like Oezdemir.

• joephoto

It appears to be Romanov out- Maxim Grishin in Vs. Marcin Tybura

• someclevername

@joephoto said...

It appears to be Romanov out- Maxim Grishin in Vs. Marcin Tybura

Nooo – not “King Kong”!

• cheezpizza

Was just announced Burns isnt fighting anymore. Any idea why?

• Russthabus26

@cheezpizza said...

Was just announced Burns isnt fighting anymore. Any idea why?

He and two corner men have corona.

• NewMike

Do they find a replacement or just move on? Masvidal and Colby are the top choices right now, but Conor could swoop in (unlikely though).

• CityBoy410

Looking like they going to reschedule the fight.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Seems unlikely but…

UFC in negotiations for Kamaru Usman vs Jorge Masvidal at UFC 251

Happy late 4th (drunk), but I don’t see why the UFC would waste it. That’s a card they could really promote the shit out of… and get a big buy-rate off of.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

Happy late 4th (drunk), but I don’t see why the UFC would waste it. That’s a card they could really promote the shit out of… and get a big buy-rate off of.

Sounds like you had a good 4th, lol – right on.

I hear ya, but hope this actually comes together for 251 so I can play Usman lol (which means Jorge flying knee KO x2).

*“Negotiations for Usman vs. Masvidal are done, per sources. All sides agreed to terms. Usman is en route to LV; Masvidal landed earlier. Once at the hotel, they’ll have to take a COVID test and then quarantine while awaiting results. If negative, they’ll fly to AD likely tomorrow.” per Helwani on the twitters

• yisman

arielhelwani
    ·
    30m
    Negotiations for Usman vs. Masvidal are done, per sources. All sides agreed to terms. Usman is en route to LV; Masvidal landed earlier. Once at the hotel, they’ll have to take a COVID test and then quarantine while awaiting results. If negative, they’ll fly to AD likely tomorrow.

• thevogaman

@yisman said...

arielhelwani
    ·
    30m
    Negotiations for Usman vs. Masvidal are done, per sources. All sides agreed to terms. Usman is en route to LV; Masvidal landed earlier. Once at the hotel, they’ll have to take a COVID test and then quarantine while awaiting results. If negative, they’ll fly to AD likely tomorrow.

So glad to be wrong. Usman should break the slate in a win… and Masvidal is obviously live. Have to go 100% on this fight.

• NewMike

Is 90% Usman too much? I think Burns had a MUCH better shot, I don’t really think Masvidal has much of a chance here. Has he ever beat someone in the top 10? I feel like he’s way overhyped especially after that Askren KO. i’m still glad he stepped in though.

• someclevername

@NewMike said...

Is 90% Usman too much?

Yes, cos I’m feelin’ spicy – might do 3 lineups for 251 and if I do will be 100% Usman*. I know what happens when we agree so…

*If they both pass COVID-19 testing protocols, of course.

• thevogaman

Would be nice to get the Grishin price up there on DK. Think we get some value on Tybura now. He should have an advantage if he can get on top but should end up chalky if he stays in the -120 range.

We might get Masvidal at $6800, too.

• CityBoy410

Looks like Masvidal passes the 1st COVID-19 tests. Flying to Fight island on a private jet through his management. They will have to take like 3 more testing before the fight though.

• joephoto

@yisman said...

Usman vs. Masvidal

Looking forward to the DK salaries for Masvidal, along with the overdue salary for Maxim Grishin.
    I luckily won many milly tickets, but can’t make lineups.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).