STRATEGY FORUM

• someclevername

Saturday, August 15th, 2020 | UFC APEX | Las Vegas, NV

Main Card (PPV, 9pm CT)

Heavyweight Title Fight
    Stipe Miocic (c) (233) vs Daniel Cormier (236)

Sean O’Malley (136) vs Marlon Vera (136)
    Junior dos Santos (238.5) vs Jairzinho Rozenstruik (254)
    Herbert Burns (149.5)* vs Daniel Pineda (146)
    John Dodson (136) vs Merab Dvalishvili (136)

Prelims (ESPN/ESPN+, 7pm CT)

Jim Miller (156) vs Vinc Pichel (156)
    Virna Jandiroba (115.5) vs Felice Herrig (116)
    TJ Brown (146.5)** vs Danny Chavez (146)
    Livinha Souza (115.5) vs Ashley Yoder (115.5)

Early Prelims (ESPN/ESPN+, 6pm CT)

Chris Daukaus (241) vs Parker Porter (264.5)
    Kai Kamaka (145.5) vs Tony Kelley (145.5)

*Burns missed the Featherweight limit by 3.5 pounds and fined 20% of his purse

**Brown missed the Featherweight limit by 0.5 pounds and fined 20% of his purse

Fight Odds

Tapology Event Page

• ColdSnowmanZ

• jki7p6

Profit night. Will take it getting Miller and Burns wrong (wouldve gotten Herrig way wrong too but didnt bet it – she should retire, had quit all over her during leadup). Dont like Suga and glad Chito won but that leg is career risk toast. One calf hit weakens the entire limb that already has history holy shit. That leg is forever compromised. Wouldnt wish that on any fighter. Good career DC and its time to call it.

• marker0357

@yisman said...

shout out to the judges who got all the decisions right, IMO

only obviously wrong score was that 30-27 in the Yoder fight

agreed RE: Yoder fight but likely lost 29-28 anyway so no harm. Congrats on the parlay thedkexperience! I missed my parlay due to O’Malley. I hope he recovers. I did hit on the last fight at 5:1 odds so not a total loss.

• yisman

@iron_tactics said...

Remember when andre soukhamthath lost to O’malley when all he had to do for a TKO win was back up so the ref could force O’malley to stand (which he couldn’t)?

Joe Rogan called it the worst decision (by a fighter) in UFC history.

Taking down O’Malley in the third when O’Malley couldn’t stand.

• yisman

@thevogaman said...

Possibly, but I could see takedown, half guard, Dodson back to guard and up. Just over and over again. Like an absurd amount of times. Will be whether they count Dodson as down for the takedowns or not a lot of times.

My best lineup has Dodson so not the best feeling.

Turned out to be spot on and they didn’t credit Merab with the takedowns I believe. I’d have to go back and watch but he might’ve had six.

• thevogaman

@yisman said...

Turned out to be spot on and they didn’t credit Merab with the takedowns I believe. I’d have to go back and watch but he might’ve had six.

Ultimately I agree with how it was scored, though. I went too heavy on Merab knowing fully well that it could go down the way it did. Just thought he’d eventually start getting him down in the 3rd.

It’s wild that all of the popular pay-ups on DK were duds. Merab at least won, I guess. Kamaka at sub 10% and Jandiroba at 25% (somewhat popular, but not compared to Merab, Burns, O’Malley) were the way to go.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).