STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, September 26th, 2020 | UFC Fight Island | Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Main Card (PPV, 9pm CT)

Middleweight Title Fight

Israel Adesanya (c) (184) vs Paulo Costa (185)

Light Heavyweight Title Fight

Dominick Reyes (205) vs Jan Błachowicz (205)

Kai Kara-France (126) vs Brandon Royval (126)
    Ketlen Vieira (136) vs Sijara Eubanks (136)
    Hakeem Dawodu (145) vs Zubaira Tukhugov (150)*

Prelims (ESPN2/ESPN+, 7pm CT)

Brad Riddell (156) vs Alex da Silva (156)
    Diego Sanchez (170) vs Jake Matthews (170)
    Shane Young (146) vs Ľudovít Klein (150)**
    Aleksa Camur (206) vs William Knight (205)

Early Prelims (ESPN2/ESPN+, 6pm CT)

Jeff Hughes (258) vs Juan Espino (255)
    Khadis Ibragimov (206) vs Danilo Marques (206)

*Tukhugov missed the Featherweight limit by 4 pounds and will be fined a % of his purse

**Klein missed the Featherweight limit by 4 pounds and will be fined a % of his purse

Fight Odds

Tapology Event Page

• CityBoy410

I see Shane Young vs Ludovit Klein added or at least I think

• NewMike

I think you’re right

• CityBoy410

@NewMike said...

I think you’re right

They need to add at least 2 more, at least.

• NewMike

Probably fading Diego/Matthews, Diego has never been subbed and Matthews doesn’t really have KO power. Diego is a punching bag at this point with 1 finish in 5 years, I don’t think there’s any real value in that one.

I think I’ll be bigger on Costa than Izzy. He has Romero power but with 20x the volume

• CityBoy410

@NewMike said...

Probably fading Diego/Matthews, Diego has never been subbed and Matthews doesn’t really have KO power. Diego is a punching bag at this point with 1 finish in 5 years, I don’t think there’s any real value in that one.

I think I’ll be bigger on Costa than Izzy. He has Romero power but with 20x the volume

Man, I seen Diego wacky ass coach, chasing his fighters around the ring with a knife. With that kind of creative training, I have to consider Diego. Lol

• NewMike

Seems like a good week for underdogs. I think i’ll have all of them in at least 1 LU

• mnstone14

are they going to add fights or is this the card?

• someclevername

@mnstone14 said...

are they going to add fights or is this the card?

I assume DK is reserving the 8th fight spot for Young/Klein, but taking their sweet time with it.

*If you meant in addition to that fight, I haven’t seen anything.

• thevogaman

I feel like I’m out of touch or something. Like why is the line moving away from Royval? I would have lined that fight with KKF as a slight favorite maybe… but now Royval’s getting towards that +200 territory… and on DK at $7300?

• NewMike

All the touts seem to be picking Royvall as well, it’s weird

• CityBoy410

I see Klein is 8300 and Young is 7900

• CityBoy410

I rarely stack fighters but do anybody see any of the fights as good stack?

• thevogaman

@CityBoy410 said...

I rarely stack fighters but do anybody see any of the fights as good stack?

If you’re mass entering… I think there’s always a case to stack the 5 rounders. I could see Adesanya/Costa being a real war with Costa absorbing a lot of strikes but having his moments as well.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

I feel like I’m out of touch or something. Like why is the line moving away from Royval? I would have lined that fight with KKF as a slight favorite maybe… but now Royval’s getting towards that +200 territory… and on DK at $7300?

Agree it should be closer.

Has anyone been overly impressed w/KKF? He did well not to get ko’d by Nam, but I still think he lost that Paiva fight. Not that Royval submitting a gassed out Tim Elliott is any difficult feat, but the DK upside is with him, right? Or is this the fight KKF comes out and gets a first round ko lol

• CityBoy410

What y’all get from the weigh-ins. My picks on certain fights have change base on what I seen during the weigh-in

• NewMike

I thought the white belt from Costa was kind of funny, maybe we’ll see some ground game from him.

For the most part they just reinforced what I was thinking. I might have a little more Marques and Espino, but that is more a fade of their opponents, but Marques looked pretty happy and ready to go as well. That was a pretty big miss by Tukhugov, not sure what happened there and Klein was a late replacement so it’s not that surprising. To be honest it makes me think I should more of them.

• lendahand21

unless costa plans on wrestling izzy which hes never done in his ufc run i think izzy is gonna take him apart, 4th or 5th round stoppage as costa is completely gassed

if costa wins its 1st or 2nd because he traps izzy against the fence and unleashes on him

• NewMike

We could also see Izzy piece him up for 3 rounds and then throw 10 shots in the last 2 rounds. I think this will be a good first fight in what should be a trilogy

Thoughts on Young/Klein, I think that will be an important one

• dominicanpapi

What I have found on both websites is that if you’re trying to play Israel, Riddell and Reyes you kinda have to get weird and possibly play Diego Sanchez. I’m sure there are other popular plays you can plug in to get those 3 guys but I’m assuming Diego’s ownership will be low.

Matthews has 13 UFC fights: 4 decision victories, 5 submissions. Diego has never been submitted, but has 8 losses via decision and 4 losses via knockout. 3 of those knockouts came in 2016 and 2017, with the other one going back to 2009. Matthews hasn’t had a TKO win since 2015. He’s either going to go to a decision or submission. The likelihood of Diego being tapped out is small. Playing him you’re just hoping he somehow pulls out the win or loses via decision and gets you 50-60 points, and pray that the top 3 guys all hit their ceiling.

• S7ubs

@dominicanpapi said...

What I have found on both websites is that if you’re trying to play Israel, Riddell and Reyes you kinda have to get weird and possibly play Diego Sanchez. I’m sure there are other popular plays you can plug in to get those 3 guys but I’m assuming Diego’s ownership will be low.

Matthews has 13 UFC fights: 4 decision victories, 5 submissions. Diego has never been submitted, but has 8 losses via decision and 4 losses via knockout. 3 of those knockouts came in 2016 and 2017, with the other one going back to 2009. Matthews hasn’t had a TKO win since 2015. He’s either going to go to a decision or submission. The likelihood of Diego being tapped out is small. Playing him you’re just hoping he somehow pulls out the win or loses via decision and gets you 50-60 points, and pray that the top 3 guys all hit their ceiling.

No point in trying to cram those 3 fighters in. Sanchez should just be X’d out of your pool. Too many good mid value fights here. Stack two top tier guys and fill in the rest

• CityBoy410

Who y’all like better Young or Dawodu?

• thedkexperience

So I was watching some tape (guess you guys are rubbing off on me) and I have to ask. Did Yoel Romero throw the Adesanya fight? Were there accusations of it? I was only able to fight a really chopped up 8 minute highlight (if you can call it that) package of it so I figured I’d check with you all.

On the flip side I watched Romero vs Costa right before it and that was a war. So weird.

• CityBoy410

@thedkexperience said...

So I was watching some tape (guess you guys are rubbing off on me) and I have to ask. Did Yoel Romero throw the Adesanya fight? Were there accusations of it? I was only able to fight a really chopped up 8 minute highlight (if you can call it that) package of it so I figured I’d check with you all.

On the flip side I watched Romero vs Costa right before it and that was a war. So weird.

I don’t really think it was weird, only because Costa and Izzy are two different styles of fighters. One more counter and precise and the other is a mover forward pressure puncher with deadly power. Izzy want gonna engage with Yoel the way Costa had.

• someclevername

@CityBoy410 said...

I don’t really think it was weird, only because Costa and Izzy are two different styles of fighters. One more counter and precise and the other is a mover forward pressure puncher with deadly power. Izzy want gonna engage with Yoel the way Costa had.

This.

Izzy/Romero was so utterly forgettable – two counter punchers staring at each other for the most part. Zhang/JJ for the co-main was fire though!

• someclevername

@thedkexperience said...

Yeah, Romero had no choice but to return fire in that fight lol.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.