MAIN FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, October 24th, 2020 | UFC Fight Island | Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Main Card (PPV, 1pm CT)

Lightweight Title Fight

Khabib Nurmagomedov (c) (155) vs Justin Gaethje (ic) 155

Robert Whittaker (186) vs Jared Cannonier (185)
    Alexander Volkov (265) vs Walt Harris (254)
    Phil Hawes (186) vs Jacob Malkoun (186)
    Lauren Murphy (126) vs Liliya Shakirova (126)
    Magomed Ankalaev (205) vs Ion Cutelaba (205.5)

Prelims (ESPN2/ESPN+, 11am CT)

Stefan Struve (265) vs Tai Tuivasa (265)
    Casey Kenney (140)* vs Nathaniel Wood (140)*
    Alex Oliveira (173)** vs Shavkat Rakhmonov (171)
    Da Un Jung (206) vs Sam Alvey (206)

Early Prelims (ESPN+, 10am CT)

Liana Jojua (126) vs Miranda Maverick (126)
    Joel Alvarez (159.5)*** vs Alexander Yakovlev (155.5)

*Kenney/Wood at 140 pound catchweight

**Oliveira missed the welterweight limit by 2 pounds and will forfeit 20% of his purse

***Alvarez missed the lightweight limit by 3.5 pounds and will forfeit 30% of his purse

Fight Odds

Tapology Event Page

• jki7p6

Finally! Not loving most of the underdogs except Shavkat.

• NewMike

Struve vs Tuivasa or the battle of 2 guys I vowed to always fade going forward.

• CityBoy410

I just hope we don’t get chandler replacing anybody in the main fight.

• someclevername

@NewMike said...

Struve vs Tuivasa or the battle of 2 guys I vowed to always fade going forward.

U-G-L-Y this fight ain’t got no alibi, it’s ugly!

Credit to the source

• someclevername

Cannonier via magic crystal energy

• jki7p6

@someclevername said...

U-G-L-Y this fight ain’t got no alibi, it’s ugly!

Quick read this as “aint got no albini” and i was wondering why you made things worse hah

• jki7p6

Kenney/Wood low key possible fotn

• thedkexperience

This is the first time I’ve ever been tempted to use both fighters in the main event in the same lineup.

• someclevername

@jki7p6 said...

Quick read this as “aint got no albini” and i was wondering why you made things worse hah

“I used to fight in the UFC.”
    “Really? That’s cool, man.”
    “Yeah, I was the diaper guy!”
    “…”

Agree about Kenney/Wood.

• CityBoy410

@jki7p6 said...

Kenney/Wood low key possible fotn

Agreed

• NewMike

Colby Covington is the type of guy to order Uber eats for two and ask the driver to eat with him so he can post “ chilling with the boys “

Unrelated to this card, but felt it was gold. From Belal Muhammad’s twitter

• CityBoy410

Just waiting til the day before the fight, we find out that Shakirova is Khabib fiancé. 😩

• someclevername

@NewMike said...

Colby Covington is the type of guy to order Uber eats for two and ask the driver to eat with him so he can post “ chilling with the boys “

Unrelated to this card, but felt it was gold. From Belal Muhammad’s twitter

Belal is a trip and that seems accurate lol.

• someclevername

Estimate of how Khabib’s opponents have DK scored against him thus far in the UFC (from me, drinking & looking at ufcstats.com):

Dustin Poirier – 6
    Conor McGregor – 25.5
    Al Iaquinta – 20.5
    Edson Barboza – 12.5
    Michael Johnson – 9.5
    Darrell Horcher – 3
    Rafael Dos Anjos – 10
    Pat Healy – 22
    Abel Trujillo – 10.5
    Thiago Tavares – 1
    Gleison Tibau – 19
    Kamal Shalorus – 6.5

• NewMike

My math says he’s had 2 fights where he’s outscored all of his UFC opponents combined. Although, according to some people he was completely dominated by Conor and only won because of a slip and Conor fans are always realistic in their takes.

Either way, I will most likely be around 100% on this fight and heavier on Justin than most people, I think he has the best style to beat The Eagle and at 7k I think he has a tonne of value.

• someclevername

@NewMike said...

Although, according to some people he was completely dominated by Conor and only won because of a slip and Conor fans are always realistic in their takes.

*Redacted my rant lol they need to just take the L.

Khabib Time…but getting nervous Justin shows up at weigh-ins with a shaved head.

DK finally added Murphy $8800/Shakirova $7400

• NewMike

I liked the rant, probably because I completely agree. I never have and never will be able to understand why people take it personally when you take a different fighter to win a fight.

I think I will have some Murphy, I’m feeling “Lucky”

• someclevername

Lineup lookin’ real sketch with Cowboy Oliveira & Tai Tuivasa in it at present.

• yisman

All the other fight island cards they fought in the middle of the night there so it would be right for the USA. But for the big event it’s 8 am PDT/11 AM EDT

DK currently showing a fight as canceled. Was that even scheduled? Can’t find anything about this. Morozov?

• CityBoy410

@yisman said...

All the other fight island cards they fought in the middle of the night there so it would be right for the USA. But for the big event it’s 8 am PDT/11 AM EDT

DK currently showing a fight as canceled. Was that even scheduled? Can’t find anything about this. Morozov?

Morozov vs Nurmagomedov is cancel because Nurmagomedov got sick.

• someclevername

Khabib 155 used the towel and looked pretty damn relieved

Gaethje also in at 155

L F G

• CityBoy410

Alvarez weighed in like 15 minutes into the weigh ins at 159. He didn’t seem to care about trying to lose those 4 pounds.

• NewMike

One of Cutelaba’s cornermen tested positive for covid. Noooooo!

• thevogaman

I threw a couple of Hail Mary Gaethje wins by decision (+1200) into some parlays. Probably a reach, but I think the narrative is a little off for this fight. I think Khabib is more likely to win by finish of the two… and Justin could squeak out the last 2 rounds to steal a decision or maybe get a 10-8 somewhere if he lands something big and actually win a dominant decision.

That or Khabib just smashes him (the most likely outcome).

I kind of like Wood and Tuivasa as my dogs… both sides of Whittaker/Cannonier. Jojua got another guard sub in her at no ownership? This is a great card for DFS.

• Sinthetix

@someclevername said...

Khabib 155 used the towel and looked pretty damn relieved

Gaethje also in at 155

L F G

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=524wtNq86Ys&feature=youtu.be
    If you have 5 minutes to spare check out this link….If not, long story short is the scale was still moving up when they called Khabib’s weight. I wonder why they sent him out first when he was overweight.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.