MAIN FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, October 24th, 2020 | UFC Fight Island | Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Main Card (PPV, 1pm CT)

Lightweight Title Fight

Khabib Nurmagomedov (c) (155) vs Justin Gaethje (ic) 155

Robert Whittaker (186) vs Jared Cannonier (185)
    Alexander Volkov (265) vs Walt Harris (254)
    Phil Hawes (186) vs Jacob Malkoun (186)
    Lauren Murphy (126) vs Liliya Shakirova (126)
    Magomed Ankalaev (205) vs Ion Cutelaba (205.5)

Prelims (ESPN2/ESPN+, 11am CT)

Stefan Struve (265) vs Tai Tuivasa (265)
    Casey Kenney (140)* vs Nathaniel Wood (140)*
    Alex Oliveira (173)** vs Shavkat Rakhmonov (171)
    Da Un Jung (206) vs Sam Alvey (206)

Early Prelims (ESPN+, 10am CT)

Liana Jojua (126) vs Miranda Maverick (126)
    Joel Alvarez (159.5)*** vs Alexander Yakovlev (155.5)

*Kenney/Wood at 140 pound catchweight

**Oliveira missed the welterweight limit by 2 pounds and will forfeit 20% of his purse

***Alvarez missed the lightweight limit by 3.5 pounds and will forfeit 30% of his purse

Fight Odds

Tapology Event Page

• thedkexperience

@NewMike said...

I liked the rant, probably because I completely agree. I never have and never will be able to understand why people take it personally when you take a different fighter to win a fight.

I think I will have some Murphy, I’m feeling “Lucky”

Because everything in America is my team good, fuck your team for a large part of the population. I imagine it’s similar in other parts of the world but I know it’s like that here.

• NewMike

@Sinthetix said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=524wtNq86Ys&feature=youtu.be
    If you have 5 minutes to spare check out this link….If not, long story short is the scale was still moving up when they called Khabib’s weight. I wonder why they sent him out first when he was overweight.

That’s messed up

• CityBoy410

Who is y’all most confident pick on this card not including the Khabib vs Gaethje fight.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

Jojua got another guard sub in her at no ownership?

Just seeing her name again

• jki7p6

@CityBoy410 said...

Who is y’all most confident pick on this card not including the Khabib vs Gaethje fight.

1) Not picking Jung. Thats a 1st round finish price on DK, really bad chance of that happening
    2) Not having the slate breaker pick. These things just dont happen to me.

Honestly feel most comfortable on Murphy. Dont like her, her style, or her cost – but REALLY dont like her opponent here. I’ll give Murphy credit for being tough and figuring dec win.

• NewMike

@CityBoy410 said...

I think Jung, but Murphy is a close second.

Who’s everyone got Cannonier vs Whittaker? I lean Cannonier, but it would be 55/45

• jki7p6

Also 100% Whitaker but not comfortable about it. Cannonier walking arms down against Hulk forever embedded badass scene makes me nervous to bet against him ever

• someclevername

@Sinthetix said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=524wtNq86Ys&feature=youtu.be
    If you have 5 minutes to spare check out this link….If not, long story short is the scale was still moving up when they called Khabib’s weight. I wonder why they sent him out first when he was overweight.

Agree that it is suspect. Watching it live I didn’t notice, but was mainly focused on how (not great) Khabib looked and his relief at hearing 155.

• someclevername

@CityBoy410 said...

Ankalaev & agree w/the points already made about Murphy.

Cutelaba does well against people he can bully. The stoppage in their first fight was terrible, no doubt, but imo it was heading in that direction anyway. Ankalaev is too technical for him. Anyone can be caught, of course, I just don’t think it happens.

• bure10

With the vegas odds in some places favoring Rakhmonov does he become the chalk value?

• someclevername

@jki7p6 said...

Cannonier walking arms down against Hulk forever embedded badass scene makes me nervous to bet against him ever

I just watched that yesterday – badass indeed!

• someclevername

@NewMike said...

One of Cutelaba’s cornermen tested positive for covid. Noooooo!

Wait, what?

*Not sure how I missed Isi Fitikefu weighing in as a backup for this fight.

• thevogaman

@bure10 said...

With the vegas odds in some places favoring Rakhmonov does he become the chalk value?

Yes. And the Cowboy leverage on the other side is looking good to me.

• NewMike

Is anyone else getting day drunk for this?

• CityBoy410

@NewMike said...

Yes sirrrr

• someclevername

@NewMike said...

You already know

• thedkexperience

@NewMike said...

I have to go to the DMV.

Anyway, Jojua seems like a really live dog to me. If she loses at least it won’t even be noon yet.

• thedkexperience

I over slept! Screw the DMV anyway. Let’s party! Jojua and a bunch of favorites is the parlay today!

• Dfspacman

I’m sure a few people think this fight will happening in the afternoon and fail to put edit their lineups reserved

• someclevername

@thedkexperience said...

I over slept! Screw the DMV anyway. Let’s party! Jojua and a bunch of favorites is the parlay today!

lol hope you hit it

• thedkexperience

@someclevername said...

lol hope you hit it

Me too homie, me too!

My lineup came together pretty easily this week. The only fighter that I want to use but can’t fit is Whittaker. I loaded up on the prelim as well.

But of course, Khabib SMESH!!

• someclevername

After Gaethje came over from WSOF, and had that fantastic debut vs MJ, I remember saying he was a fun action fighter, but not going to fight for the belt or anything LOL. Ahh, good times – mma is so great. I am humbled on the regular.

Nothing but respect for Gaethje, total badass and maybe he pulls it off. Those calf kicks might be the game changer. Still, I gotta go w/The Eagle. Smesh. 29-0.

• CityBoy410

What y’all think about scale gate?

• smonger19

@someclevername said...

Nothing but respect for Gaethje, total badass and maybe he pulls it off. Those calf kicks might be the game changer. Still, I gotta go w/The Eagle. Smesh. 29-0.

It should be a fun fight. I went all in with Khabib, but wouldn’t mind if Gaethje pulled off the upset. I like both fighters.

Good luck, everyone.

P.S. Nothing like cracking open a beer at 8:50am.

• thedkexperience

@smonger19 said...

It should be a fun fight. I went all in with Khabib, but wouldn’t mind if Gaethje pulled off the upset. I like both fighters.

Good luck, everyone.

P.S. Nothing like cracking open a beer at 8:50am.

People across America are indulging their favorite vices before 11AM today.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).