MAIN FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, October 24th, 2020 | UFC Fight Island | Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Main Card (PPV, 1pm CT)

Lightweight Title Fight

Khabib Nurmagomedov (c) (155) vs Justin Gaethje (ic) 155

Robert Whittaker (186) vs Jared Cannonier (185)
    Alexander Volkov (265) vs Walt Harris (254)
    Phil Hawes (186) vs Jacob Malkoun (186)
    Lauren Murphy (126) vs Liliya Shakirova (126)
    Magomed Ankalaev (205) vs Ion Cutelaba (205.5)

Prelims (ESPN2/ESPN+, 11am CT)

Stefan Struve (265) vs Tai Tuivasa (265)
    Casey Kenney (140)* vs Nathaniel Wood (140)*
    Alex Oliveira (173)** vs Shavkat Rakhmonov (171)
    Da Un Jung (206) vs Sam Alvey (206)

Early Prelims (ESPN+, 10am CT)

Liana Jojua (126) vs Miranda Maverick (126)
    Joel Alvarez (159.5)*** vs Alexander Yakovlev (155.5)

*Kenney/Wood at 140 pound catchweight

**Oliveira missed the welterweight limit by 2 pounds and will forfeit 20% of his purse

***Alvarez missed the lightweight limit by 3.5 pounds and will forfeit 30% of his purse

Fight Odds

Tapology Event Page

• Neilj907

Welp won the showdown…691.25 in the 1,3,5,10,and 12 dollar, split a few times on the big one but 2354.44 off of 31 bucks

• someclevername

@iron_tactics said...

Welp, time to hit the open road

I’m gonna be on the lookout for the next great instagram star lol I might make an account just to like your posts lol.

Holy shit, Khabib out? If so, damn. If that is what he wants though – R E S P E C T.

Congrats to the winners! Sounds like a couple few people in here did well!

*Edit to capitalize “respect”. He deserves it.

• smonger19

@someclevername said...

Is he retiring???

That really sucks, but good for him.

• smonger19

@someclevername said...

Congrats to the winners! Sounds like a couple few people in here did well!

• smonger19

Wow, I have a lot of time to make bad NFL lineups.

• someclevername

@smonger19 said...

I don’t even get a participation trophy w/my lineup. I get the little cloth ribbon lol 12th place (out of 12), but you’re still a winner!

• joephoto

WOW, My Showdown lineup – 671.25.

Wish I could buy you guys a couple of rounds of drinks, but you know, there’s a pandemic.

• iron_tactics

@joephoto said...

WOW, My Showdown lineup – 671.25.

Wish I could buy you guys a couple of rounds of drinks, but you know, there’s a pandemic.

Nope, new age. You can cash app.
    Will spend money on booze is my hobo sign.

• iron_tactics

@someclevername said...

I don’t even get a participation trophy w/my lineup. I get the little cloth ribbon lol 12th place (out of 12), but you’re still a winner!

I went against the chalk – Khabib. Had mostly Khabib but pivoted from Ankalaev to Murphy and from Tui down to Harris. Don’t regret the decision based on ownership percentages but oh well, as you can see, almost everyone gets first place

• someclevername

@iron_tactics said...

I went against the chalk – Khabib. Had mostly Khabib but pivoted from Ankalaev to Murphy and from Tui down to Harris. Don’t regret the decision based on ownership percentages but oh well, as you can see, almost everyone gets first place

My only regret on this card was Oliveira. He’s burned me before and I (usually) have a standing rule against taking him as the favorite. I know the odds shifted, but still fav pricing on DK. Decided to go the ownership angle w/him, since everyone was on Shavkat (goat name), and paid the price.

I’ll live w/Malkoun, it was dumb, but worth a shot. Cannonier fight, eh. It be like that – Whittaker is just too good still. I was genuinely worried about the matchup w/Justin, but Khabib could have crawled to the scales and I was still taking him. Ankalaev came through as my most confident play, so there’s that lol. Win some, lose some.

Again, congrats to the winners – this was a fun card!

• Sinthetix

@Neilj907 said...

Welp won the showdown…691.25 in the 1,3,5,10,and 12 dollar, split a few times on the big one but 2354.44 off of 31 bucks

• someclevername

@Neilj907 said...

Just saw this – holy shit, congrats!

• CityBoy410

Anybody seen the payouts for the fighters. Like 4 different fighters received more than Cannonier, who was the co main event.

• iron_tactics

@CityBoy410 said...

Anybody seen the payouts for the fighters. Like 4 different fighters received more than Cannonier, who was the co main event.

What do you mean?
    Guaranteed payouts only Struve made more and that’s cause he has a higher contract (Been fighting since 2009). Other than that Cannonier was 4th only to the previous champion/interim champions.
    If you include win bonus/performance bonus that’s on Cannonier. He coulda increased his payout 140k knocking out Whittaker AND probably get a bigger contract + title shot.

• CityBoy410

Yeah that’s why I ask because I don’t the fighters contracts situation and always figure they would negotiate a better deal if they fighting as a main or co main. I see Khabib got like 6 mil and Gaethje got like 400 or something minute incentives which I can understand that. Shout out to their managers I guess. Lol

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.