MAIN FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, January 23rd, 2021 | Etihad Arena | Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Main Card (PPV, 9pm CT)

Main Event
    Dustin Poirier (156) vs Conor McGregor (155)

Co-Main Event
    Dan Hooker (156) vs Michael Chandler (156)

Jessica Eye (126) vs Joanne Calderwood (126)
    Andrew Sanchez (186) vs Makhmud Muradov (186)
    Marina Rodriguez (116) vs Amanda Ribas (116)

Prelims (ESPN/ESPN+, 7pm CT)

Arman Tsarukyan (157)* vs Matt Frevola (155.5)
    Brad Tavares (185.5) vs Antônio Carlos Júnior (185)
    Sara McMann (135) vs Julianna Peña (136)
    Khalil Rountree Jr. (206) vs Marcin Prachnio (206)

Early Prelims (ESPN+, 6pm CT)

Nik Lentz (150)** vs Movsar Evloev (150)**
    Amir Albazi (126) vs Zhalgas Zhumagulov (126)

*Tsarukyan missed the lightweight limit by 1 pound and will forfeit 20% of his purse

**Lentz/Evloev at 150 pound catchweight

Fight Odds

Tapology Fightcenter

• NewMike

Give me all the Ribas

• factorial89

i do not think mcgreror would take on a fight after his long layoff if he was not trained and ready.like hooker here also.

• thevogaman

@NewMike said...

Give me all the Ribas

I’ve been underweight to her too often, but yeah, this makes sense here. Should score somewhere between 110-95.

I like Ribas by Decision -110. That would be my lock bet.

• someclevername

@factorial89 said...

i do not think mcgreror would take on a fight after his long layoff if he was not trained and ready.like hooker here also.

Conor will be ready. Additional confidence cos he’s already sparked Dustin.

I AM VERY BIASED – I want DP to win this. He’s a good dude and he’s paid his dues…which means (per an Iron_tactics post) he gets ktfo. I am going to do two lineups for this reason :0

Conor has power, excellent distance management, excellent tdd (unless your name is Khabib and even then not bad. all things considered), really he has all the tools. He lacks the cardio though and I think it’s a consensus opinion that if DP can manage to not get killed early, he can tire him out and then take it to him. I very much want this to happen…but. Idk lol. Like I said I’m biased, but I can acknowledge Conor has a pretty good chance to win this early. I just hope not lol.

• joephoto

I’ve got 7- $25 tickets to DKs big contest. So I have to make 7 different lineups this week.
    I won them back in the fall when I lucked into 2- 6-0 MMA weeks back to back. Got a Knockout King entry as well.

So- I will probably start with Amanda Ribas in all lineups since Mr Vogaman likes her a lot.

• thevogaman

I picked Dustin the first time and I think he wins here. Have to play both sides obviously, so I’ll try to match the field on Conor and be over on Dustin.

Might be hard to hit the top prize solo on this card though. Seems pretty obvious which fights(/fighters) to target and what to avoid. Just got to have the right piece of non-chalk to come through I think. Wish they would’ve moved Akhmedov/Breese to this card instead.

• thevogaman

@joephoto said...

So- I will probably start with Amanda Ribas in all lineups since Mr Vogaman likes her a lot.

I think she’s a good play and I think she’s the safest pay-up, but 100% is maybe a little too bold. I hope it hits, but I don’t know if she’ll even be my highest owned fighter at this point.

• mcgruffthecrimedog

Hooker is an absolute lock. I just don’t see Chandler being able to get inside and do any damage. He’ll be welcomed to the UFC with a knockout. Hooker and Conor should cruise.

• NewMike

How often does Ribas get the sub? I’m pretty sure if she gets a TD, the rest of the round will be on the ground, but not sure if she gets the finish. The whole $9k range should score really well if they win the way they should, or at least what I think is their best path to victory.

Prachnio has lost at 4:23, 3:09 and 2:17 of the first round, so Roundtree should get the quick win bonus, right? I know there will be some people who still have faith in Prachnio, but they should really know when to give up.

• someclevername

@NewMike said...

I know there will be some people who still have faith in Prachnio

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

“Prachnio Truther” here. I agree everything sets up for Rountree to be an absolute smash, but it’s still Light Heavyweight. If Prachnio’s ownership is coming in at like 10% then I’ll double that number despite not having a clue how he possibly gets it done.

• NewMike

@someclevername said...

• CityBoy410

My heart really want Dustin to win this fight but my mind knows that Conor have too much to gain or lose in this fight.

• thevogaman

Probably doesn’t need to be said… but just in case anyone didn’t know, Ottman Azaitar is a very bad dude and he’s probably going to knock Matt Frevola out with one punch in the first minute.

• NewMike

If you like numbers you should follow Nate Latshaw on Twitter. He also has a site that can be very helpful, the link is in his twitter bio. NumbersMMA is pretty good too

• zpruitt3

I’m over invested on DP for this one. Found a book with him at +350 and hammered it.. don’t think Connor loses but the price was too good. I’ll prob be heavy on connor in dfs as a hedge though

• factorial89

i went and watched the 1st. mcgregor -poirer fight yesterday and poirer had his moments in that fight. as one poster pointed out poirer has to weather the early barrage of conor. i bet the fight to go the distance at plus 275.also i will stack both fighters for DFS

• thevogaman

Azaitar out. Did I jinx him?

Better hope the Conor/Ribas/Rountree stacks don’t hit or it’s gonna be really crowded at the top.

• thevogaman

@factorial89 said...

i bet the fight to go the distance at plus 275.also i will stack both fighters for DFS

This is making more and more sense with only 11 fights now.

Haqparast didn’t weigh in and now maybe we get Frevola/Tsarukyan? Hopefully or we’re down to 10.

• thedkexperience

@someclevername said...

Conor will be ready. Additional confidence cos he’s already sparked Dustin.

I AM VERY BIASED – I want DP to win this. He’s a good dude and he’s paid his dues…which means (per an Iron_tactics post) he gets ktfo. I am going to do two lineups for this reason :0

Conor has power, excellent distance management, excellent tdd (unless your name is Khabib and even then not bad. all things considered), really he has all the tools. He lacks the cardio though and I think it’s a consensus opinion that if DP can manage to not get killed early, he can tire him out and then take it to him. I very much want this to happen…but. Idk lol. Like I said I’m biased, but I can acknowledge Conor has a pretty good chance to win this early. I just hope not lol.

Conor is going to destroy DP. Just because he’s not on Khabib’s level doesn’t mean anyone else in this division is on McGregor’s.

If it goes 3 rounds I’ll be stunned. TKO round 2 and, honestly, this comes from someone who very much believes that DP is a top 5 guy in that division legitimately. The only person aside from Khabib who might be able to take a fully engaged McGregor (which looks to be the case) is Gaethje I believe.

Note: As usual keep in mind my ramblings and Sith like absolute speaking comes from a brain riddled with CTE and pot resin.

• CityBoy410

So Azaitar broke Covid protocol?

• thedkexperience

@zpruitt3 said...

I’m over invested on DP for this one. Found a book with him at +350 and hammered it.. don’t think Connor loses but the price was too good. I’ll prob be heavy on connor in dfs as a hedge though

If you think someone is going to lose, there’s no such thing as a good price.

• thedkexperience

@CityBoy410 said...

So Azaitar broke Covid protocol?

How do you break Covid protocol on a quarantined island?

Did this guy swim to shore for some booty?

• zpruitt3

@thedkexperience said...

If you think someone is going to lose, there’s no such thing as a good price.

there is if the line moves and i can middle it for guaranteed profit. Lol

• CityBoy410

Yeah that’s what I’m trying to figure out, especially over there. It seems you have to really go out you way to do it.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).