MAIN FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, January 23rd, 2021 | Etihad Arena | Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Main Card (PPV, 9pm CT)

Main Event
    Dustin Poirier (156) vs Conor McGregor (155)

Co-Main Event
    Dan Hooker (156) vs Michael Chandler (156)

Jessica Eye (126) vs Joanne Calderwood (126)
    Andrew Sanchez (186) vs Makhmud Muradov (186)
    Marina Rodriguez (116) vs Amanda Ribas (116)

Prelims (ESPN/ESPN+, 7pm CT)

Arman Tsarukyan (157)* vs Matt Frevola (155.5)
    Brad Tavares (185.5) vs Antônio Carlos Júnior (185)
    Sara McMann (135) vs Julianna Peña (136)
    Khalil Rountree Jr. (206) vs Marcin Prachnio (206)

Early Prelims (ESPN+, 6pm CT)

Nik Lentz (150)** vs Movsar Evloev (150)**
    Amir Albazi (126) vs Zhalgas Zhumagulov (126)

*Tsarukyan missed the lightweight limit by 1 pound and will forfeit 20% of his purse

**Lentz/Evloev at 150 pound catchweight

Fight Odds

Tapology Fightcenter

• jdtrey

@joephoto said...

We pick our fighters mostly by the best nicknames here. Sometimes it works !

The way I used to pick horses!

• thevogaman

I really wish that this card didn’t lose Azaitar and Haqparast. It makes Tsarukyan a good play at high ownership. Haqparast was really live at that price and he allowed you to fit 3 stars.

I’m going to be targeting one fighter (at least) from the $7400 and below range in every lineup and just hope that one of them gets the upset at low ownership. I think the chalk builds are too obvious and if one hits, you’re not winning $200k… you’re maybe winning $2k (probably way less than that even).

Actually considering a full fade on ACJ since he’s going to be the highest owned dog… and since nobody is going to play Tavares, you can probably double the field if you’re at like 20% exposed to him.

• CityBoy410

How heavy y’all on Conor?

• thevogaman

@CityBoy410 said...

I’m at 60%, which I’m thinking is probably a little under the field.

• CityBoy410

@thevogaman said...

I’m at 60%, which I’m thinking is probably a little under the field.

Yeah, I’m right around 75%, I was around 65% at first. Still might change last minute but doubt it now.

• thedkexperience

@CityBoy410 said...

100%

(1 for 1, lol)

• thevogaman

I feel really good about my lineups right now… which means I’m probably going to lose a lot of money today.

• CityBoy410

@thevogaman said...

I feel really good about my lineups right now… which means I’m probably going to lose a lot of money today.

• BazookaDad

First time doing MMA on FD. Is Connor the one we want at captain spot? I’d appreciate some help. I got 10 lineups and just overwhelmed.

• CityBoy410

What’s y’all take on the McMann vs Pena fight?

• thevogaman

@BazookaDad said...

First time doing MMA on FD. Is Connor the one we want at captain spot? I’d appreciate some help. I got 10 lineups and just overwhelmed.

I’m sure that he will be the highest owned MVP over there. I’m no Fanduel expert, but yeah it makes sense to have Conor as MVP.

But I think if you want to get leverage over everyone else… maybe slide one of your punt plays in there at MVP.

• someclevername

@CityBoy410 said...

That I’m sitting here talking myself into McMann for her td/ct upside and will be pissed off when she dominates round 1 and finds a way to get subbed in rounds 2 or 3.

• thevogaman

@CityBoy410 said...

I’m really worried about it… because I’m underweight to both of them. In theory, McMann should have a higher floor and should be trying to get takedowns and keep top control. I don’t think she really lands much of any ground and pound if she is able to get on top… so maybe the fight gets stood up each round and she can get an extra takedown per round?

I think McMann wins round 1, Pena wins round 2, and it’s an ugly split for Pena that doesn’t score that well. That’s what I’m hoping for at least.

• BazookaDad

Is Carlos Junior a full lock on FD? Seems way too cheap.

• thedkexperience

@CityBoy410 said...

I got Pena in my single entry on DK. Pena’s last two losses certainly qualify for me as “good losses”. I mean, getting subbed by Shevchenko is like getting subbed by Kamaru Usman or Jon Jones. It happens. GDR isn’t exactly a bad loss either.

I think Pena wins by submission.

• Supersharpie

Need a little help guys.

On DK, which is a better GPP trio:

Rountree/Albazi/Chandler

Or

Evloev/Hooker/Poirier

?

TIA

• NewMike

I hate to admit it, but Prachnio is looking a lot better after losing those 2 fights yesterday. If any huge favourite is going to pull a stunt, my money would be on Rountree. And if Poirier makes it to a decision, he will probably outscore a couple winners

• NewMike

@Supersharpie said...

Need a little help guys.

Rountree/Albazi/Chandler

Or

Evloev/Hooker/Poirier

?

TIA

I would say Evloev/Hooker/Poirier

• smonger19

@Supersharpie said...

Rountree/Albazi/Chandler

Or

Evloev/Hooker/Poirier

It’s close, but I’d give a little advantage to Rountree/Albazi/Chandler.

I’m pretty well split on Hooker-Chandler, but have a little more Chandler because he is cheaper.
    Rountree should get the early KO, but it’s Rountree. I have roughly the same amount of him and Prachnio.
    Albazi has a decent chance to put up a good score in a close fight.

I have very little of Evloev at his price. He should win, but probably with a lower score.
    Poirier I want to root for, but I don’t see him winning and could see him getting finished early.

• smonger19

@thedkexperience said...

I got Pena in my single entry on DK. Pena’s last two losses certainly qualify for me as “good losses”. I mean, getting subbed by Shevchenko is like getting subbed by Kamaru Usman or Jon Jones. It happens. GDR isn’t exactly a bad loss either.

I think Pena wins by submission.

I have Pena in a decision. Vogaman is right that McMann should have a higher floor, but I think that Pena should have a higher ceiling. It seems like pretty much a toss up fight and I’ll likely have more Pena than most and less McMann than most.

• thedkexperience

@smonger19 said...

I have Pena in a decision. Vogaman is right that McMann should have a higher floor, but I think that Pena should have a higher ceiling. It seems like pretty much a toss up fight and I’ll likely have more Pena than most and less McMann than most.

While I don’t necessarily believe in “MMA math”, I take more from who someone lost to and how they lost then wins usually. Any time I see someone with a loss to someone at the top of their division I mostly just shrug and don’t even worry about it.

Losses to the number 2 and number 7 pound for pound woman’s fighters isn’t something I’m going to knock Pena for. Now if she loses to someone who is 40 and unranked, well that’s different.

• smonger19

@NewMike said...

If you like numbers you should follow Nate Latshaw on Twitter. He also has a site that can be very helpful, the link is in his twitter bio. NumbersMMA is pretty good too

Thanks for sharing this. His site is very good. I went to the Daily Fantasy Sports area of it and the new DK scoring was reflected in his historical data. Very good.

• thedkexperience

I’m going crazy with 3 lineups tonight! 100% on Conor, Pena and Albazi …

Edit – Had to make a change so not 100% on Albazi. Ultimately I decided that the most obvious KO on the card is in the Roundtree fight, but it’s also the biggest upset KO spot to. I went 1 with and 2 against here. Seems like the most important ownership bout outside the main event.

• iron_tactics

13 lineups i’m rolling with 11 Poirier, 2 fading the ME

• thedkexperience

@iron_tactics said...

13 lineups i’m rolling with 11 Poirier, 2 fading the ME

Not one LU with a KO win from Conor?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).