MAIN FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, January 23rd, 2021 | Etihad Arena | Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Main Card (PPV, 9pm CT)

Main Event
    Dustin Poirier (156) vs Conor McGregor (155)

Co-Main Event
    Dan Hooker (156) vs Michael Chandler (156)

Jessica Eye (126) vs Joanne Calderwood (126)
    Andrew Sanchez (186) vs Makhmud Muradov (186)
    Marina Rodriguez (116) vs Amanda Ribas (116)

Prelims (ESPN/ESPN+, 7pm CT)

Arman Tsarukyan (157)* vs Matt Frevola (155.5)
    Brad Tavares (185.5) vs Antônio Carlos Júnior (185)
    Sara McMann (135) vs Julianna Peña (136)
    Khalil Rountree Jr. (206) vs Marcin Prachnio (206)

Early Prelims (ESPN+, 6pm CT)

Nik Lentz (150)** vs Movsar Evloev (150)**
    Amir Albazi (126) vs Zhalgas Zhumagulov (126)

*Tsarukyan missed the lightweight limit by 1 pound and will forfeit 20% of his purse

**Lentz/Evloev at 150 pound catchweight

Fight Odds

Tapology Fightcenter

• jdtrey

Poirier or Muradov as the last one in with Conor already in MVP? RG reeeally like Poirier

• thevogaman

@jdtrey said...

Poirier or Muradov as the last one in with Conor already in MVP? RG reeeally like Poirier

I mean probably Muradov since you’d be wanting a win and Poirier would be losing if Conor is the MVP.

Play Poirier in the MVP and Muradov.

• skankinmat

Why are some of my DK entries red? I dont have any fighters that arent fighting in them?

• iron_tactics

@thedkexperience said...

Not one LU with a KO win from Conor?

Planting my flag on him not knocking out Poirier, that was my lean anyway and it seems the industry and public in general is looking at a McGregor win or KO. He’s +255 but i’m hearing chatter like he should be +850 or somethin. Even so, it’s MMA, Holm beat Rousey as a +830 underdog by the way, Rousey was -1400…..same as Agapova vs Dobson too lol.
    Anyway,
    It seems to me people are off on Poirier cause of his Hooker fight, and people are down on Hooker as well. Maybe i’m wrong, but it also looked to me like Khabib was way more willing to stand vs McGregor than he was against Poirier, in fact, he knocked him down if I remember correctly, and Khabib ain’t where he is cause of his exceptional stand up.

• jdtrey

Playing Poirier would be banking on the ME going 5 and Conor still getting the win, in which case Poirier could still clear 100 but obviously that’s not the most likely scenario. Muradov it is.

• iron_tactics

@skankinmat said...

Why are some of my DK entries red? I dont have any fighters that arent fighting in them?

I think it’s from having Tsarukyan or Frevola

• iron_tactics

@jdtrey said...

Playing Poirier would be banking on the ME going 5 and Conor still getting the win, in which case Poirier could still clear 100 but obviously that’s not the most likely scenario. Muradov it is.

Actually stacking it might not be a bad idea if no underdogs win. I’m gonna have 1 lineup that has both instead of fading in 2

• CityBoy410

So far all remaining fights are good right?

• thevogaman

@iron_tactics said...

Actually stacking it might not be a bad idea if no underdogs win. I’m gonna have 1 lineup that has both instead of fading in 2

Yeah, I mean I like the stack idea… but not when you can also afford Muradov instead.

• someclevername

GL everyone

• iron_tactics

@someclevername said...

GL everyone

• yisman

I had a bunch of DK tickets and 6 FD ones

spent so much time on DK I almost forgot I had FD. Tried RG optimizer, but the projections were awful. I tried to fix the obvious mistakes as quickly as I could (they had Poirier top projected score of night, Ribas low projection, etc.), then ran five lineups. Stuck those on and manually made one. Not pretty.

edit: turns out RG has two sets of projections and their default set is awful. Now I know.

• thevogaman

Albazi at 40%+ in the Throwdown was a wee bit higher than I would have guessed.

• joephoto

I had 7-DK tickets for tonight. As always I made 7 different lineups manually.
    Wouldn’t know how to use any optimizer thingy.

Arman Tsarukyan in all 7 lineups, 3 have the main fight stacked.

• thevogaman

I’m in that Survivor Rd. 3 and damn it’s amazing how many tickets ChipotleAddict, moklovin, & papagates have in there. … compared to my one.

• marker0357

Albazi

• thevogaman

I wonder what kind of control time Lentz gets for those guillotine attempts.

• marker0357

Evloev SD

• jdtrey

@yisman said...

edit: turns out RG has two sets of projections and their default set is awful. Now I know.

Didn’t know that until you mentioned it .. realized after I saw your post and the other projections the first set it defaulted to was probably their thoughts on most of their ceilings, oh well.

• yisman

a judge scored that fight for Lentz

the incompetent judging never ends

The first round could’ve gone either way but rounds 2 and 3 weren’t close.

• mccoolio

They gave him 50 seconds for round one and Evloev had almost 2:30 lmao

• someclevername

lol Evloev getting out of nasty spots vs Grundy & Lentz reminds me of Boris from Snatch “apparently it’s just impossible to kill the bastard”

• jdtrey

@yisman said...

a judge scored that fight for Lentz

the incompetent judging never ends

The first round could’ve gone either way but rounds 2 and 3 weren’t close.

Agreed on how insane it is. Did they bring Cecil Peoples back? That guy, holy hell was he blind

• thevogaman

Don’t think either Albazi or Evloev will be optimal.

Split decision was a joke.

• yisman

@someclevername said...

lol Evloev getting out of nasty spots vs Grundy & Lentz reminds me of Boris from Snatch “apparently it’s just impossible to kill the bastard”

I’m convinced he could’ve fought another three rounds after that.

Lentz, OTOH was not only beat up, he was extremely fatigued.

In my opinion, that fight was not close. Lentz never did any damage. Yes, he tried several times to get the choke but contrary to what the announcers were screaming (HE’S GONNA TAP!!!!! IT’S TIGHT), it didn’t look like he was ever that close to getting a tap.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).