MAIN FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, January 23rd, 2021 | Etihad Arena | Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Main Card (PPV, 9pm CT)

Main Event
    Dustin Poirier (156) vs Conor McGregor (155)

Co-Main Event
    Dan Hooker (156) vs Michael Chandler (156)

Jessica Eye (126) vs Joanne Calderwood (126)
    Andrew Sanchez (186) vs Makhmud Muradov (186)
    Marina Rodriguez (116) vs Amanda Ribas (116)

Prelims (ESPN/ESPN+, 7pm CT)

Arman Tsarukyan (157)* vs Matt Frevola (155.5)
    Brad Tavares (185.5) vs Antônio Carlos Júnior (185)
    Sara McMann (135) vs Julianna Peña (136)
    Khalil Rountree Jr. (206) vs Marcin Prachnio (206)

Early Prelims (ESPN+, 6pm CT)

Nik Lentz (150)** vs Movsar Evloev (150)**
    Amir Albazi (126) vs Zhalgas Zhumagulov (126)

*Tsarukyan missed the lightweight limit by 1 pound and will forfeit 20% of his purse

**Lentz/Evloev at 150 pound catchweight

Fight Odds

Tapology Fightcenter

• yisman

Khabib went almost 13 months before finally fighting Gaethje (no injury involved).

As for Conor, he has had a total of two UFC fights in a four year span (2017-2020). Pretty ridiculous.

He basically stopped being a real UFC fighter after facing Alvarez in 2016.

• yisman

and it showed

• thevogaman

Thought there would be more posts about that. I’m not surprised.

• someclevername

I’m so happy for Dustin holy shit

• iron_tactics

Bittersweet, having that much Poirier for me meant having alot of Ribas, Rountree and Hooker.

• realphipps

Dana needs Conor fighting guys well past their prime if he’s gonna keep milking that cash cow.

• smonger19

Expected either a McGregor early finish or a Poirier late finish…..happy to see Dustin get it early….

• thevogaman

@iron_tactics said...

Bittersweet, having that much Poirier for me meant having alot of Ribas, Rountree and Hooker.

• thevogaman

Didn’t even need the optimal to win.

• yisman

a huge key to cashing was fading Conor

68.3% on DK, scored 18.21
    71.1% on FD (39.3% MVP), scored 17.4

Had I just ran with the bad RG projections, I would’ve crushed.

But there’s no way I could pay that much for Poirier, who was a +275 underdog.

Final results: $53.2 in the big FD GPP, got $45 back
    $125 in the big DK GPP, got $130 back

So basically broke even.

The big FD GPP had 275 blank entries, out of 20,109 total.

• thedkexperience

5-0 going into the main event with multiple parlays riding on McGregor.

• someclevername

I had Conor on the main slate lineup & DP on the late – Marina Rodriguez was the only winner on my main & Dustin was the only winner on my late lol. Tremendous.

Congrats to those that cashed and if you cashed big – props for tapdancing through those landmines!

• geardaddy

Anyone been having some terrible reads on the cards lately. I was expecting upsets but i’ve been still getting alot wrong. For example: i went heavier on ribas over Tsarukyan because i thought she’d have the easier grappling advantage. Frevola has done well grappling in the past and trains with some of the best grapplers in the ufc. I was not expecting Tsarukyan to get 10 takedowns. Then I thought hooker had every striking advantage against chandler and gets ko’d in the 1st. I was seeing the roundtree/prachnio as a very close fight because both are good strikers but also both are chinny. But it didn’t matter because i could not get the right lineups created.

• thevogaman

@geardaddy said...

Anyone been having some terrible reads on the cards lately.

Yeah. Sometimes it’s just one of those nights. I think with hindsight being 20/20, Ribas in the big cage gave Marina a lot more room to avoid the grappling than if this card was in Vegas. I definitely didn’t take that into account.

• joephoto

Wow. I got saved by my late DK lineup.
    Had 4 losers on it, Eye, Connor, Junior, McMann.
    but having Arman Tsarukyan as Captain had me cashing pretty well.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).