STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, March 6th, 2021 | UFC APEX | Las Vegas, NV

Main Card (PPV, 9pm CT)

Main Event – Light Heavyweight Title Fight
    Jan Błachowicz (c) (205) vs Israel Adesanya (200.5)

Co-Main Event – Women’s Featherweight Title Fight
    Amanda Nunes (c) (145) vs Megan Anderson (144.5)

Bantamweight Title Fight
    Petr Yan (c) (135) vs Aljamain Sterling (134.5)

Islam Makhachev (156) vs Drew Dober (156)
    Thiago Santos (206) vs Aleksandar Rakić (206)

Prelims (ESPN/ESPN+, 7pm CT)

Dominick Cruz (136) vs Casey Kenney (136)
    Song Yadong (135.5) vs Kyler Phillips (136)
    Joseph Benavidez (125.5) vs Askar Askarov (127)*
    Kai Kara-France (125.5) vs Rogério Bontorin (126)

Early Prelims (ESPN+, 4:15pm CT)

Tim Elliott (125.5) vs Jordan Espinosa (126)
    Kennedy Nzechukwu (205.5) vs Carlos Ulberg (205)
    Sean Brady (170.5) vs Jake Matthews (169.5)
    Livinha Souza (116) vs Amanda Lemos (116)
    Uros Medic (156) vs Aalon Cruz (155)
    Trevin Jones (134.5) vs Mario Bautista (135.5)

*Askarov missed the Flyweight limit by 1 pound

Fight Odds

Tapology Fightcenter

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Guys I don’t think that means it’s over. DK is “official” for NFL and FD still runs contests and FD is “official” for NHL and DK rolls contests. Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t think that’s how it works.

• geardaddy

@hautalak said...

Guys I don’t think that means it’s over. DK is “official” for NFL and FD still runs contests and FD is “official” for NHL and DK rolls contests. Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t think that’s how it works.

Yeah after doing more investigating I think fd will post contests today.

• thevogaman

Awesemo has free MMA Ownership projections today FYI.

https://www.awesemo.com/mma/dfs-ownership-projections/

I’m keying in on Amanda Lemos at 10%. I’m going to triple the field. She’s going to beat the brakes off of Livinha Souza and I think has potential to score better than a lot of the other fighters in that upper 8k range. I think she’s a female version of Figueiredo.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

I think she’s a female version of Figueiredo.

Don’t need to hear anything else, SOLD.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Don’t need to hear anything else, SOLD.

I know you said sold, but ….

Maybe overselling her here… but she’s just a level above a lot of these girls when it comes to strength and explosiveness. I think you could make a case Souza lost against Yoder; and she looked gassed there after one round. She threw a lot of leg kicks, but they didn’t seem to bother Yoder all that much. If that’s her gameplan against Lemos she will probably get knocked out in the first round. If she tries to grapple I think Lemos tosses her off like a ragdoll and ends up on top. So then you’re looking for a guard sub and I think Lemos will be too strong even for that.

If it goes good, I’d like to see Lemos vs. Angela Hill.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

Maybe overselling her here… but she’s just a level above a lot of these girls when it comes to strength and explosiveness.

This is what I like right here. Never been high on Souza anyway. Looks like I’ll be eating the chalk w/Nunes & Sterling so need that lower owned, high upside play. Hopefully it’s her and if not, eh whatever. Just no harm jar crum lards please lol.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Just no harm jar crum lards please lol.

• CityBoy410

What y’all think about the pre fight press conference and face off?

• someclevername

@CityBoy410 said...

What y’all think about the pre fight press conference and face off?

I’ve only seen snippets, but I liked how Adesanya put his MW belt away for the face off. Showing respect to Jan as LHW champ, A+.

• CityBoy410

@someclevername said...

I’ve only seen snippets, but I liked how Adesanya put his MW belt away for the face off. Showing respect to Jan as LHW champ, A+.

Yeah but they made him take it back for more photo op. Lol
    I do like how he stack up to Jan, height wise.

• someclevername

@CityBoy410 said...

Yeah but they made him take it back for more photo op. Lol
    I do like how he stack up to Jan, height wise.

Oh, I missed that part.

I did see him wink at the camera and I’m like uh oh what new tricks does he have up his sleeve? Plot twist – he takes Jan down and submits him lol.

• thedkexperience

Starting to break down the card.

- Anderson has no business being in the same ring as Nunes. Only way Nunes loses is if she was more concerned with being a new parent during her camp then the fight. Of course there is also new parent strength to consider. This really seems like a KO to me.

- Izzy vs Jan is a different story. I do NOT like Jan’s strength of schedule and his inverted win tree. Basically I’ve noticed that once a UFC guy starts getting decisions then he is probably at that level. What doesn’t usually happen is someone with tons of decisions just becoming a late career KO monster once they are in the UFC top 10. I know Izzy has been getting some PED talk but I think Jan needs a serious test himself. I might avoid this one. I think all things being equal Izzy might just beat him for for 5 rounds but I am very worried that Jan might cheat his way to a shady KO that gets erased in a year or two.

• Colin408

The most likely scenario and what I think will happen is a five round UD for Izzy. Plays it smart, stays on the outside and doesn’t engage in anything wild. That said it’s a tough matchup, the guys at 205 are a lot stronger and if Jan can use his size and get in tight there’s a good chance he could KO Izzy. I’d rather bet a Jan KO/TKO/SUB at +270 or Izzy via decison at +250 then a -220 Izzy money line.

• Colin408

Aljamain Sterling vs Petr Yan is the matchup I’m looking forward to the most. Will be very interesting to see Aljo’s game plan, if he doesn’t mix in takedowns I don’t think it’ll get to the championship rounds. Aljo gets hit a lot, a great example of that would be the Pedro Munhoz fight. Yan can crack and is tough to keep down, I don’t see many scenarios where Aljo wins this fight.

Yan by KO/TKO/SUB at +230 looks like a very good bet.

• NewMike

@Colin408 said...

Aljo gets hit a lot, a great example of that would be the Pedro Munhoz fight

He doesn’t get hit a lot, he absorbs 1.94 SS/min, that fight was an outlier, he’s never been hit 40 times in any other UFC fight. Yan has never fought a wrestler either, we’ll see how he looks knowing he has to worry about TDs. I got Aljo here

• NewMike

I want to see what Izzy weighs in at, but I’ll most likely be underweight on him at this price. Jan has only been TKO’d once in the UFC and I’m not sure Izzy can get him out of there

• thedkexperience

@NewMike said...

I want to see what Izzy weighs in at, but I’ll most likely be underweight on him at this price. Jan has only been TKO’d once in the UFC and I’m not sure Izzy can get him out of there

If it goes 5 rounds for a decision win it’s completely possible that Izzy still puts up 150 points.

Edit – I can’t figure out where to find Holly Holm’s DK score history with her not in the card but I think she got into the 160’s in her last fight on a 5 round decision. Then of course you have the 200 point clinic that Holloway put on recently. While these scores may be a stretch getting above 100 on an Izzy decision win seems very doable.

• thevogaman

@thedkexperience said...

If it goes 5 rounds for a decision win it’s completely possible that Izzy still puts up 150 points.

It’s possible, but the last time he went 5 he scored 49.2. And against Gastelum he scored 116.9 (with 4 knockdowns). I’d bet on under 100 in a decision win.

• Colin408

@NewMike said...

He doesn’t get hit a lot, he absorbs 1.94 SS/min, that fight was an outlier, he’s never been hit 40 times in any other UFC fight. Yan has never fought a wrestler either, we’ll see how he looks knowing he has to worry about TDs. I got Aljo here

Yeah you’re right, it is mostly coming from one fight. Like I said before I think he needs to mix in takedowns, he’s going to absorb a lot of strikes if the fight stays standing, regardless of his impressively low SS/min it won’t be good against Yan on the feet. If he abandons the takedowns and elects to stay standing like the Munhoz fight, he will get hit.

• NewMike

I agree if Aljo can’t get the TDs he’s pretty screwed and Yan does have good TDD. It’s going to be a good fight

I think D. Cruz has to be the pick, because he’s such an unlikeable person and the happy narratives never come through in MMA.

• CityBoy410

@NewMike said...

I was about to say that myself. Aljo, don’t take a lot of damage.

• CityBoy410

Usually Tim Elliot is looking down at the floor during face offs, he’s actually hype for this one. Plus the mullet gone. 🤔

• someclevername

@CityBoy410 said...

Usually Tim Elliot is looking down at the floor during face offs, he’s actually hype for this one. Plus the mullet gone. 🤔

You haven’t truly lived til you’ve played Tim Elliott in dfs

• smonger19

Any inside information on the pizza that Adesanya brought to weigh-ins? If he put pineapple on the pizza, he will surely lose.

• CityBoy410

@smonger19 said...

Any inside information on the pizza that Adesanya brought to weigh-ins? If he put pineapple on the pizza, he will surely lose.

Yeah, can’t trust a man with pineapples on his pizza.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).