STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, March 6th, 2021 | UFC APEX | Las Vegas, NV

Main Card (PPV, 9pm CT)

Main Event – Light Heavyweight Title Fight
    Jan Błachowicz (c) (205) vs Israel Adesanya (200.5)

Co-Main Event – Women’s Featherweight Title Fight
    Amanda Nunes (c) (145) vs Megan Anderson (144.5)

Bantamweight Title Fight
    Petr Yan (c) (135) vs Aljamain Sterling (134.5)

Islam Makhachev (156) vs Drew Dober (156)
    Thiago Santos (206) vs Aleksandar Rakić (206)

Prelims (ESPN/ESPN+, 7pm CT)

Dominick Cruz (136) vs Casey Kenney (136)
    Song Yadong (135.5) vs Kyler Phillips (136)
    Joseph Benavidez (125.5) vs Askar Askarov (127)*
    Kai Kara-France (125.5) vs Rogério Bontorin (126)

Early Prelims (ESPN+, 4:15pm CT)

Tim Elliott (125.5) vs Jordan Espinosa (126)
    Kennedy Nzechukwu (205.5) vs Carlos Ulberg (205)
    Sean Brady (170.5) vs Jake Matthews (169.5)
    Livinha Souza (116) vs Amanda Lemos (116)
    Uros Medic (156) vs Aalon Cruz (155)
    Trevin Jones (134.5) vs Mario Bautista (135.5)

*Askarov missed the Flyweight limit by 1 pound

Fight Odds

Tapology Fightcenter

• someclevername

I will not sit idly by and witness pineapple on pizza libel – it’s delicious!

• someclevername

@smonger19 said...

Any inside information on the pizza that Adesanya brought to weigh-ins? If he put pineapple on the pizza, he will surely lose.

What are your thoughts on Uros “The Doctor” Medic? Not sure how I feel about this.

• smonger19

“The Doctor” Medic seems a bid redundant. It really all depends on his walkout music. If he uses, “Doctor, Doctor, Give Me the News” I might let him slip by with that nickname, but it is still shaky.

• CityBoy410

@someclevername said...

What are your thoughts on Uros “The Doctor” Medic? Not sure how I feel about this.

Yeah he could of played off of his last name better like Uros “The war” medic or something probably better. Lol

• thevogaman

Medic did wear sunglasses at weigh ins. One of those “cool” doctors, I guess.

• someclevername

@CityBoy410 said...

Yeah he could of played off of his last name better like Uros “The war” medic or something probably better. Lol

Right? Feels a little lazy.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

Medic did wear sunglasses at weigh ins.

Uh oh.

• CityBoy410

I see they moved the start time up.

• someclevername

I had to do another lineup w/Petr Yan. He does have those serial killer vibes going on.

• NewMike

@someclevername said...

He does have those serial killer vibes going on.

He likes pineapple on pizza?

• someclevername

@NewMike said...

He likes pineapple on pizza?

And a nice Chianti

• geardaddy

Dana wore a draftkings t-shirt at weigh ins. never seen him do something like that before

• thedkexperience

@geardaddy said...

Dana wore a draftkings t-shirt at weigh ins. never seen him do something like that before

Every time he wears it an unranked fighter gets to spend a night outside their van.

Any who … seems like Brady could be in an overlooked smash spot. Also, wasn’t Tiago Santos supposed to be a superstar like 6 months ago? I believe …

• thevogaman

Some thoughts I had on this card:

Even though there are so many fights, I have to think playing all 3 (5 round) fights in one lineup will be too chalky. (Unless you’re playing Megan Anderson). You’ll have to really differentiate in the other 3 slots.

I think Yan is being disrespected here (a little bit). I’ve seen a lot of very smart people on Aljo here, and if I’m wrong it wouldn’t be the first time, but I’d have lined this closer to -190 Yan. On paper it should be close, but I think there’s too big of a disparity in power with the striking. It’s going to be difficult for Aljo to stay out of the boxing range in the small cage and by the 3rd round he’s going to be looking for a way out of there. I think I’m going to be 45%/35% Yan.

If Makhachev wins, it seems like he’ll need to have a ton of control time and a lot of takedowns (with submission upside) at very low ownership.

• joephoto

Got 6 lineups for my 6- $20 Milly ticket entries I won.
    Right now I’m looking at Lemos, Ulberg, and Kenney in all 6.
    Lately there have been too many Covids, PPds, and cancelled matches. So we must be prepared to re-edit by earlier starting time of 5:15 pm.

• ImADonk11

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #13

RG Tiered Ranking

So what are the odds that 5-6 fighters outscore Nunes here? I REALLY want to fade because the ownership is going to be so high I assume. I went back and watched that Rousey from 2016 and that did not help my urge to fade lol. The other issue is likely 1-2 live dogs score well enough here that the fade may be too cute I don’t know yet.

• NewMike

A 90 sec finish is very possible, which might be 90 points. But I can’t fade her, unless she’s fighting Shevchenko

• someclevername

Yan/Sterling my favorite fight on the card. Rooting for Aljo, but Yan is a menace and it’s hard to envision a scenario where the winner doesn’t make the optimal – they’re so cheap.

I shan’t be passing on Nunes either, don’t care about the ownership. Good vibes w/her and Song YADONG – they both came through huge for me in the past. Kyler looks like he’ll be popular (for good reason), so maybe I can get a sneaky score out of Song at lower ownership. Or Kyler smashes and everyone has him but me lol.

Deciding between Matthews & Dober. Guess Matthews has the higher floor & Dober the higher celing, but Islam is such a bad matchup for him. Might go yolo and hope he can catch him early before he’s on his back for the next 14 minutes.

• ImADonk11

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #13

RG Tiered Ranking

I feel like the only way she is completely necessary/optimal is the bonus win within 60 seconds or just pummels her with tons of output and it goes at least 3-4 rounds before KO and she ends up with like 150. A 1st round win outside of 60 seconds or a 2nd/3rd round win I think the fade works.

• jv21

• Ranked #76

RG Tiered Ranking

not doing anything so i might as well play in the free contest. i sort by fppg and picked the top player, lets see who that goes. lol

• NewMike

I would guess there is about a 15% chance Nunes isn’t in the optimal. She has 1 finish outside of the 1st round in the UFC. But, if you only make 1 LU it might be a smart contrarian play.

• thedkexperience

@NewMike said...

I would guess there is about a 15% chance Nunes isn’t in the optimal. She has 1 finish outside of the 1st round in the UFC. But, if you only make 1 LU it might be a smart contrarian play.

If it was a 9 fight card or whatever last week was then fading her would be crazy.

With this one being (I believe) 13 fights with 3 having the small possibility of going 5 rounds, and a guy in Izzy who is on the verge of cross-over mega stardom eating ownership, I can totally understand fading Nunes and not losing out.

I mean I’m not. But I understand it.

On a side note I just won the UFC4 Heavyweight Championship on my XBox on hard mode. KO’d Volkov in the 2nd. Hard mode is where it’s at. Legend is bullshit. lol

• smonger19

@thevogaman said...

Even though there are so many fights, I have to think playing all 3 (5 round) fights in one lineup will be too chalky. (Unless you’re playing Megan Anderson). You’ll have to really differentiate in the other 3 slots.

I was extremely busy this week (aka extremely lazy), so I only made one lineup. I went with Nunes/Yan and left out the Adesanya-Blachowicz fight. I see Adesanya winning a low scoring decision with 90-100 points. I hope to see Nunes lower owned just because of her price but that probably won’t be the case. Yan-Sterling should be a great fight. It’s pretty much a coin toss for me, but I like Yan a little more in a fight where the winner should score around 120.

• thevogaman

So anybody else finished with lineups just sitting (fingers crossed) hoping this thing stays in tact?

• someclevername

15 fights – there will be shenanigans.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).