STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, March 27th, 2021 | UFC APEX | Las Vegas, NV

Main Card (PPV, 9pm CT)

Main Event – Heavyweight Title Fight
    Stipe Miocic (c) (234) vs Francis Ngannou (263)

Co-Main Event
    Tyron Woodley (171) vs Vicente Luque (170.5)

Thomas Almeida (136) vs Sean O’Malley (136)
    Gillian Robertson (125.5) vs Miranda Maverick (126)
    Jamie Mullarkey (155.5) vs Khama Worthy (155.5)

Prelims (ESPN/ESPN+, 7pm CT)

Alonzo Menifield (205) vs Fabio Cherant (206.5)*
    Jared Gooden (171) vs Abubakar Nurmagomedov (170.5)
    Modestas Bukauskas (205.5) vs Michał Oleksiejczuk (206)
    Shane Young (145.5) vs Omar Morales (146)

Early Prelims (ESPN/ESPN+, 6:30pm CT)

Abu Azaitar (185.5) vs Marc-André Barriault (185)

*Cherant missed the light heavyweight limit by 0.5 pounds and will be fined 20% of his purse

Fight Odds

Tapology Fightcenter

• someclevername

I really think Woodley is going to let his hands go this time

• mnstone14

@someclevername said...

I really think Woodley is going to let his hands go this time

Co-mains are 5 rounds, correct?

• someclevername

@mnstone14 said...

3 rounds unless it’s a title fight.

• smonger19

@mnstone14 said...

Only if it is a championship fight. Since the Volkanovski-Ortega fight was cancelled, the co-main on this card will only be 3 rounds.

• mnstone14

@smonger19 said...

Only if it is a championship fight. Since the Volkanovski-Ortega fight was cancelled, the co-main on this card will only be 3 rounds.

Well that sucks. Is Luque a cash lock in that case? Its going to be all standing and have we’ve never really seen Woodley KO’d in the UFC.

• thebigboy

RG Overall Ranking

The Luque-Woodley fight is gonna be really sad. Think we see Tyron get mauled :(

• someclevername

Luque is going to bring calf kicks & pressure – Woodley is going to bring a deposit slip for his check.

I rode with TWood until after the Burns fight. He just doesn’t have that fire anymore, that competitive drive. It’s gone. Some fighters, you can see they want to, but their bodies are like nope. Woodley doesn’t even look like he wants to anymore. If there was ANY fight I thought he’d show up for it was the Colby fight and we saw how that went.

Idk… Usman, Burns & Colby are the top of the division. No shame in losing to those guys, it’s how he looked losing to those guys. Still, Luque isn’t the same td threat, is very hittable & Woodley does have power but 1. Luque has a great chin 2. Woodley doesn’t throw anything. We shall see. Maybe he watches the final ten minutes of Last of the Mohicans, gets pumped up and comes out with some urgency and desire to prove the doubters wrong. That would be awesome, it’d make for a great fight, but I ain’t bettin’ on it.

• BigDaddy123

WTF is up with this discrepancy in the Khama worthy/mullarkey odds with their draftkings prices. Is Worthy going to be like barely owned or what?

• thevogaman

@BigDaddy123 said...

WTF is up with this discrepancy in the Khama worthy/mullarkey odds with their draftkings prices. Is Worthy going to be like barely owned or what?

I hope so. I think it’s a good fight to target since Worthy is kind of a glass cannon.

I hear Goldy has covid and is out.

• BigDaddy123

@thevogaman said...

I hope so. I think it’s a good fight to target since Worthy is kind of a glass cannon.

I hear Goldy has covid and is out.

it seems like its a little too easy to make a solid looking lineup this week

• someclevername

Knight out. Menifield will now fight Fabio Cherant per @BigMarcel24

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Knight out. Menifield will now fight Fabio Cherant per @BigMarcel24

Chalk Menifield. What could go wrong?

• CityBoy410

Man, hope no more fights fall apart on this card. 🤷🏾‍♂️

• CityBoy410

So Miesha Tate is coming out of retirement?

• mnstone14

@CityBoy410 said...

So Miesha Tate is coming out of retirement?

why? she has no chance of beating nunes for one, and even in a thin division shes probably back end of the top 10?

• CityBoy410

@mnstone14 said...

why? she has no chance of beating nunes for one, and even in a thin division shes probably back end of the top 10?

Think she trying to fight Marion Reneau for Reneau final fight.

• someclevername

So Young/Morales might be back on? Seeing that Young tested negative on Monday and was originally removed for precautionary reasons since Riddell/Volk were positive. I really hope so, this 9 fights business is weak sauce.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

So Young/Morales might be back on? Seeing that Young tested negative on Monday and was originally removed for precautionary reasons since Riddell/Volk were positive. I really hope so, this 9 fights business is weak sauce.

Yeah, it’s on. But that still only leaves 10 fights. They can’t find some can to try to give Penne a win?

This card is a disaster and needed padding as soon as Volk/Ortega was canceled.

• geardaddy

I wonder why dana decided not to add more fights with all the drops on ppv. What ever happened to overloading a card with 15+ fights just incase of expected drops?

• someclevername

They should have thrown Tuivasa vs the 2nd ranked Kentucky HW on this card and maybe called up Hannah Cifers to fight Penne.

• BigDaddy123

LOL at sean o’malley’s avatar picture on fanduel

• someclevername

@BigDaddy123 said...

LOL at sean o’malley’s avatar picture on fanduel

Never played on FD, but apparently made an account once upon a time. Wtf are those pictures lol

Wonder if he ko’s Almeida before his leg falls off

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Wonder if he ko’s Almeida before his leg falls off

I was really high on Almeida when he first came into the UFC for using that old school, Chute box style … but man, he relies way too much on his chin. He’s probably going to get knocked out in the 1st round.

I’ve noticed DK sports book offers “Fight to End in the First 60 Seconds of Round 1” props. O’Malley/Almeida is +1000, Stipe/Ngannou is +650. Parlay them together for $10 bucks and win $825.

*I’m not a financial advisor.

• thedkexperience

@mnstone14 said...

Why is it title or bust? You can make a really good living fighting 4 times a year in the UFC as a borderline top 5 fighter, even if she has no prayer against Nunes.

It’s like if Rousey came back tomorrow. People would say how she sucks and can’t beat Nunes, but would be no worse than like 6th on the overall pound for pound rankings. Being the 6th baddest woman on earth is no joke. Good for Tate.

Sorry … the title or nothing stigma makes my skin crawl. Even if she’s just a top 5 gate keeper that’s one hell of an elite spot.

• thevogaman

@thedkexperience said...

Why is it title or bust?

obligatory:

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).