STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, May 15th, 2021 | Toyota Center | Houston, TX

Main Card (PPV, 9pm CT)

Main Event – Lightweight Title Fight
    Charles Oliveira (155) vs Michael Chandler (155)

Co-Main Event
    Tony Ferguson (156) vs Beneil Dariush (156)

Matt Schnell (136) vs Rogério Bontorin (137)*
    Katlyn Chookagian (126) vs Viviane Araujo (126)
    Shane Burgos (146) vs Edson Barboza (146)

Prelims (ESPN/ESPN+, 7pm CT)

Jacare Souza (186) vs André Muniz (186)
    Mike Grundy (146) vs Lando Vannata (146)
    Jamie Pickett (186) vs Jordan Wright (185)
    Andrea Lee (126) vs Antonina Shevchenko (125)

Early Prelims (ESPN+, 5:30pm CT)

Gina Mazany (126) vs Priscila Cachoeira (126)
    Kevin Aguilar (145) vs Tucker Lutz (146)
    Sean Soriano (156) vs Christos Giagos (156)

*Bontorin missed the bantamweight limit by 1 pound and will be fined 20% of his purse

Fight Odds

Tapology Fightcenter

• CityBoy410

I see Dana granted Ferguson wish and raised the bonuses to 75K

• someclevername

Dana White obliges Tony Ferguson, increases UFC 262 bonuses to $75,000

Last time there was a crowd (261) 9/13 fights finished itd. Live crowd + extra bonus $ = ?

*Whoops, didn’t see the post above

• someclevername

Jacare not going to lose to Andre Muniz… right? That kinda sounds like Cowboy not going to lose to Alex Morono… right?

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Jacare not going to lose to Andre Muniz… right? That kinda sounds like Cowboy not going to lose to Alex Morono… right?

I mean there’s a chance he’s completely washed up (hence being a dog), but I think the Holland fight was an outlier. He got hurt from a shot he didn’t expect could hurt him (something we’ve really never seen before). I think he wins the striking and/or outwrestles Muniz pretty easily.

If not this will be his last fight in the UFC.

• smonger19

Dang, I had forgotten that Mazany is now coached by James Krause. This is his biggest coaching challenge yet, to get 120 fantasy points out of her. If anyone can, it’s Krause.

• thedkexperience

I have 1200 left on DK and I’m ok with it. I’m a simple man who likes simple things. Baseball, apple pie and saving cap space by selecting Ferguson and Chandler.

• thevogaman

@thedkexperience said...

I have 1200 left on DK and I’m ok with it. I’m a simple man who likes simple things. Baseball, apple pie and saving cap space by selecting Ferguson and Chandler.

Yeah, I think Tony is the best dog on the card. I love Beneil, but I could see the tide turn dramatically midway through this fight.

Just in general on this card (with all of the close betting lines), there could be more dogs winning tonight than favorites. I don’t think something chalky hits 1st place tonight.

• thevogaman

@smonger19 said...

This is his biggest coaching challenge yet, to get 120 fantasy points out of her

I mean… he got 138 out of her last time out.

• smonger19

Let’s up the bar then…150

• thedkexperience

@thevogaman said...

Yeah, I think Tony is the best dog on the card. I love Beneil, but I could see the tide turn dramatically midway through this fight.

Just in general on this card (with all of the close betting lines), there could be more dogs winning tonight than favorites. I don’t think something chalky hits 1st place tonight.

I look at it like this. If I’m sitting around in 11 hours wondering where it all went wrong because I decided to believe in Ferguson or Chandler, then I’ll sleep just fine.

Can’t be worse than last week when I smashed like 15 beers in Atlantic City, lost all my bets and went to the strip club instead of betting heavily against Cowboy like I had planned to all day.

So … um … that’s how everyone celebrates their second covid vax right?

• someclevername

@thedkexperience said...

by selecting Ferguson and Chandler.

I have Benny & Olives so… congratulations!

• thevogaman

The latest ownership update I saw had Andrea Lee as chalk and Shevchenko sub 20%. I’m just praying that Valentina has been working that grappling game with Antonina and the lesser Shevchenko dominates… cause I’m at 35%.

• someclevername

@smonger19 said...

Let’s up the bar then…150

You doubting my girl, Cachoeira? Yeah, that’s smart, you should lol.

I have been avoiding fighters bdays since I changed Gane to Rozenstruik, but couldn’t help noticing on their Tapology pages that Mazany & Cachoeira were born on the same day. Of the same year August 19th, 1988. I’m loaded with useless info.

• factorial89

last week 5 dogs won straight up.why not again.

• thedkexperience

@factorial89 said...

Reminds me of last fall when something like 15 straight favorites won and they made a big deal about it.

Then instant upset 🤣

• thevogaman

@factorial89 said...

Nobody is convincing me that Trizano won that fight, but it’s always important to identify which fights will go to decision and be the head scratcher.

I would think Lee/Shevchenko, Burgos/Barboza, and Chookagian/Araujo could all have us screaming robbery.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

Nobody is convincing me that Trizano won that fight

That 30-27 card lol

• iron_tactics

@thevogaman said...

Nobody is convincing me that Trizano won that fight, but it’s always important to identify which fights will go to decision and be the head scratcher.

I would think Lee/Shevchenko, Burgos/Barboza, and Chookagian/Araujo could all have us screaming robbery.

Or…………………..a Drawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

• iron_tactics

@someclevername said...

That 30-27 card lol

If you order the official Byrd/Lee glasses from the UFC store and re-watch the fight. Trizano absolutely smashed him.

• someclevername

@iron_tactics said...

Or…………………..a Drawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

That’ll be the Lando fight lol

• iron_tactics

@someclevername said...

That’ll be the Lando fight lol

• osuryanf

Betting folks are sleeping on Chandler here.

What a great right that’ll be….. but Chandler has more than enough power to knock him out early

• geardaddy

@osuryanf said...

Betting folks are sleeping on Chandler here.

What a great right that’ll be….. but Chandler has more than enough power to knock him out early

how are they sleeping on him if he went from a heavy under dog to almost a pick em?

• jki7p6

My dont bet on it because i am stupid prediction of the week:

Tonight will lean on if u have Kevin Aguillar

• joephoto

Wracking my brain, looking at line movements, listening to you guys, and trying to set my biggest DFS lineup ever.

As far as I can figure- there is a real lack of actual point scorers on this card. Maybe Benny and Christos will pay off.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).