STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, May 15th, 2021 | Toyota Center | Houston, TX

Main Card (PPV, 9pm CT)

Main Event – Lightweight Title Fight
    Charles Oliveira (155) vs Michael Chandler (155)

Co-Main Event
    Tony Ferguson (156) vs Beneil Dariush (156)

Matt Schnell (136) vs Rogério Bontorin (137)*
    Katlyn Chookagian (126) vs Viviane Araujo (126)
    Shane Burgos (146) vs Edson Barboza (146)

Prelims (ESPN/ESPN+, 7pm CT)

Jacare Souza (186) vs André Muniz (186)
    Mike Grundy (146) vs Lando Vannata (146)
    Jamie Pickett (186) vs Jordan Wright (185)
    Andrea Lee (126) vs Antonina Shevchenko (125)

Early Prelims (ESPN+, 5:30pm CT)

Gina Mazany (126) vs Priscila Cachoeira (126)
    Kevin Aguilar (145) vs Tucker Lutz (146)
    Sean Soriano (156) vs Christos Giagos (156)

*Bontorin missed the bantamweight limit by 1 pound and will be fined 20% of his purse

Fight Odds

Tapology Fightcenter

• someclevername

@joephoto said...

and trying to set my biggest DFS lineup ever.

• smonger19

@joephoto said...

Wracking my brain, looking at line movements, listening to you guys, and trying to set my biggest DFS lineup ever.

As far as I can figure- there is a real lack of actual point scorers on this card. Maybe Benny and Christos will pay off.

This is a very tough card, but you can handle it and bring home the championship.

For what it is worth (and it shouldn’t be much, listen to people smarter than me), I have Giagos/Mazany/Oliveira in my two single entry lineups. I’m thinking about switching one to Chandler, but am not sure about that yet. I do have Benny in one of those two.

Whatever you do, good luck!!!

• osuryanf

@geardaddy said...

how are they sleeping on him if he went from a heavy under dog to almost a pick em?

Sorry, meant DK price. Sorry, I’ve had a few poolside drinks and didn’t word it correctly.

Sounds like bettors are starting to understand

• smonger19

@thevogaman said...

The latest ownership update I saw had Andrea Lee as chalk and Shevchenko sub 20%. I’m just praying that Valentina has been working that grappling game with Antonina and the lesser Shevchenko dominates… cause I’m at 35%.

I largely stayed away from this one. I did take Lee in one of my two single entry lineups though because she was the last piece that could possibly fit in (which is probably why she will be so high owned). Overall in 20 lineups, I have 2 with Lee and 0 with the lesser Shevchenko.

• CityBoy410

30 minutes to fight time, how we looking as far as the remaining fights so far?

• smonger19

@CityBoy410 said...

30 minutes to fight time, how we looking as far as the remaining fights so far?

So far no changes. No news is good news (I hope).

• someclevername

@smonger19 said...

This is a very tough card, but you can handle it and bring home the championship.

Second this – you got yourself through a 10 cent satellite, a tiebreaker w/Awesemo and now to the final 25. You gotta go w/your picks for 100k. You’re pretty good at this lol trust yourself.

Been pretty cool following this story – 1st place tonight, let’s go! GL

• smonger19

Can we make the Pickett/Wright fight a “Loser Leaves MMA” fight…and also a “Winner Leaves MMA” fight? They are basically fighting for the “Not the Worst UFC Middleweight” title. Yet, the winner could get a high score. Wright has proven that he can beat bad opponents by the fact that his first 8 fights were against fighters with a combined 1-38 record going into the fight. 4 of Wright’s 11 wins have come against someone who has ever won an MMA fight.

• smonger19

@someclevername said...

I have been avoiding fighters bdays since I changed Gane to Rozenstruik, but couldn’t help noticing on their Tapology pages that Mazany & Cachoeira were born on the same day. Of the same year August 19th, 1988. I’m loaded with useless info.

This is absolutely not useless information. However, I am disappointed that you did not dig deeper into their information, find their birth certificates and find out who was born earlier in the day as I go with the older fighter 53% of the time. I’m just going to guess that Mazany was born a few hours earlier and go with her.

• someclevername

@smonger19 said...

Can we make the Pickett/Wright fight a “Loser Leaves MMA” fight…and also a “Winner Leaves MMA” fight?

Yes! I hate this fight.

• thevogaman

@joephoto said...

Wracking my brain, looking at line movements, listening to you guys, and trying to set my biggest DFS lineup ever.

As far as I can figure- there is a real lack of actual point scorers on this card. Maybe Benny and Christos will pay off.

I echo everyone else. You got this Joe. Trust your process and bring it on home, man.

• someclevername

@smonger19 said...

This is absolutely not useless information. However, I am disappointed that you did not dig deeper into their information, find their birth certificates and find out who was born earlier in the day as I go with the older fighter 53% of the time. I’m just going to guess that Mazany was born a few hours earlier and go with her.

Solid angle, but I have already spent entirely too much time thinking about this fight. No more, I refuse!

I can’t believe I’m gonna play Cachoeira, but eh what the heck. Feel like this card is going to be less dfs sweat for me and more entertainment value lol.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Yes! I hate this fight.

I hate it, but you probably need it in your lineups… can’t even avoid it on the late slate.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

can’t even avoid it on the late slate.

I was very upset when I realized this

• joephoto

@thevogaman said...

Trust your process and bring it on home, man.

Really hope the night isn’t ruined by a covid-tainted trainer, or a blind referee.

• smonger19

I already feel like I need someone to advise me on how to play the late slate as I’m counting on my lineups on the full slate to be sunk early.

• thevogaman

@smonger19 said...

I already feel like I need someone to advise me on how to play the late slate as I’m counting on my lineups on the full slate to be sunk early.

I think it’s a good strategy to try to play someone that’s not highly owned in the captain spot. And wait til after lock to see the ownership from the main slate.

• joephoto

@smonger19 said...

Use Lee- and then you can play 5 favorites.

• CityBoy410

Unrelated MMA stuff, I have Concert Tour to win the Preakness.

• iron_tactics

Good luck everyone

• joephoto

First up for me- Christos Giagos.
    Surprisingly only 60 % owned in the finals tonight.
    Lets get some points !

• yisman

big DK contest didn’t fill and I was forced to run a train. ran out of time. should not have gone for a walk today

• smonger19

@joephoto said...

First up for me- Christos Giagos.
    Lets get some points !

Let’s Go!!!!

• iron_tactics

Oh man. I’m 100% Andre Muniz in 20+ lineups

• joephoto

@iron_tactics said...

Oh man. I’m 100% Andre Muniz in 20+ lineups

In the Knockout King finals not a single player used Munoz, or Lutz as far as I can tell.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).