STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, June 12th, 2021 | Gila River Arena | Glendale, AZ

Main Card (PPV, 9pm CT)

Main Event – Middleweight Title Fight
    Israel Adesanya (c) (183.5) vs Marvin Vettori (184.5)

Co-Main Event – Flyweight Title Fight
    Deiveson Figueiredo (c) (125) vs Brandon Moreno (125)

Leon Edwards (170.5) vs Nate Diaz (170)
    Demian Maia (170.5) vs Belal Muhammad (170.5)
    Paul Craig (204.5) vs Jamahal Hill (205.5)

Prelims (ESPN/ESPN+, 7pm CT)

Drew Dober (154) vs Brad Riddell (155)
    Eryk Anders (205) vs Darren Stewart (204.5)
    Lauren Murphy (125.5) vs Joanne Calderwood (125)
    Hakeem Dawodu (145.5) vs Movsar Evloev (145.5)

Early Prelims (ESPN+, 5pm CT)

Pannie Kianzad (135.5) vs Alexis Davis (134.5)
    Matt Frevola (155) vs Terrance McKinney (155.5)
    Steven Peterson (148.5)* vs Chase Hooper (145.5)
    Fares Ziam (156) vs Luigi Vendramini (155.5)
    Carlos Felipe (262.5) vs Jake Collier (264.5)

*Peterson missed the featherweight limit by 2.5 pounds and will be fined 20% of his purse

Fight Odds

Tapology Fightcenter

• someclevername

Reminder: In addition to the title fights, Edwards/Diaz will also be 5 rounds

• mnstone14

@someclevername said...

so how high owned does that make Diaz in cash? If you dont think he gets KO’d hes likely good for at least 55?

• thevogaman

@mnstone14 said...

so how high owned does that make Diaz in cash? If you dont think he gets KO’d hes likely good for at least 55?

I don’t do cash, but this is pretty sound logic. I honestly don’t like either one very much for tournaments. I don’t think Leon has enough activity.

Am I crazy for thinking Maia is a bad matchup for Belal here? Kind of like Latifi/Boser this past week where it’s a way closer fight than the salaries dictate. Same for the two title fights. I’ll probably have at least 1 of Vettori/Moreno/Maia in every lineup.

• thevogaman

Just saw Camacho out and Frevola now faces Terrance McKinney. Based on how these late replacements have been doing… have to see the tape, but free squares have been extra free lately.

• Divine_Prodigy

Belal Muhammad has never faced a grappler pretty much his entire UFC tenure . Only the cream of the crop beats Maia & we have yet to see how the takedown defense of Belal is.

• thevogaman

I’m surprised at the money that has been coming in on Fares Ziam. I think Vendramini should have the grappling advantage even if he’s losing in the stand-up… and he just seems like the guy that will fight harder for your money between the two. I had a similar read on Bill Algeo (on the fight harder part) that failed pretty hard a few weeks ago, too… so who knows.

• CityBoy410

Anybody seen that little interaction between Paul Craig and Jamahal Hill on embedded?

• thevogaman

@CityBoy410 said...

Anybody seen that little interaction between Paul Craig and Jamahal Hill on embedded?

I saw a video on Twitter where they were facing off in a lobby, but I take all the bad blood stuff with a grain of salt. Bad weight cuts, long layoffs, recency bias: that stuff I consider.

I feel like Craig is pretty live here, honestly. He’s been improving a lot more than people want to give him credit for. I’ll still try to get to a chalky Hill as much as I can, but I’ll probably double the field on Bear Jew.

• Cocomilk

@thevogaman said...

I’m surprised at the money that has been coming in on Fares Ziam. I think Vendramini should have the grappling advantage even if he’s losing in the stand-up… and he just seems like the guy that will fight harder for your money between the two. I had a similar read on Bill Algeo (on the fight harder part) that failed pretty hard a few weeks ago, too… so who knows.

Huge red flag or syndicate play

• Cocomilk

@thevogaman said...

Just saw Camacho out and Frevola now faces Terrance McKinney. Based on how these late replacements have been doing… have to see the tape, but free squares have been extra free lately.

Looks like an optimal scrap to me

• thevogaman

@Cocomilk said...

Huge red flag or syndicate play

Yeah, and I guess I can see it as a bet. We’ve already seen Ziam pull of a win in a loss… but for this slate, he’ll be out of the player pool for me. I’m sure he won’t carry much ownership anyways.

And speaking of ownership… Vendramini, Craig, McKinney, and Collier are all floating around that 15% area right now. Shouldn’t be hard to double the field on all of them and you can still cash with one of them in your lineup even in a loss.

Darren Stewart is kind of an interesting play too. Since we just saw this fight (and how it was going), nobody is going to play him and Anders will be semi-chalk. Not saying that Stewart is a good play, but relying on Anders when he’s the favorite is never something I feel all that confident in.

• CityBoy410

Can’t lie Vettori was low key acting like he might have been roid raging at the press conference. Lol

• BigDaddy123

can this terrance mckinney guy wrestle at all ?

• thevogaman

@BigDaddy123 said...

can this terrance mckinney guy wrestle at all ?

He took down Sean Woodson on that Contender’s fight twice before losing by the flying knee. I’m pretty sure it’s going to be a standup war against Frevola though.

• yisman

@someclevername said...

First time in UFC history they’ve done this.

• someclevername

Suppose I should start looking at this card.

Faded Anders/Stewart the first time thinking it wouldn’t score well then Anders comes out and trucks him. Unfortunate ending, but a trucking nonetheless. I’m going to fade this thing again and be shocked when Anders comes out and trucks him again lol.

I’m also on the Luigi Vendramini train, choo choo! Ziam a bit underwhelming.

Played Diaz vs Masvidal thinking his volume would pay off over 5 rounds and then he got wrecked. I know it was a doctor’s stoppage, but he had nothing for Jorge in that fight and did not look great. Ugh, really not in love with a $9500 Edwards, but… maybe. Idk. Hard to assume someone will do something they haven’t shown to do, but perhaps he comes out looking to make a statement vs a big name on a big stage and try to make everyone forget about that disastrous Belal fight. Also been brought up more than once that Nate’s face gets busted pretty easily – another possible doctor’s stoppage in the cards?

Craig is a good test for a fighter’s iq – if you’re not dumb and do not engage him on the ground – you can smoke him. If not, you are probably getting submitted. And it might even be with one second on the clock! You’re never safe! Stay on your feet! Hill can you hear me!?

I like JoJo’s volume/activity/price, but Murphy can definitely make this a close, gritty affair. Possible incoming split and not sure I want to mess w/that.

Might blindly play McKinney cos I don’t think that highly of Frevola. I’m sure this won’t bite me in the ass.

Agree w/you guys on Maia and I’m playing him. Obvious sub upside. Give me that upside, Demian!

I signed up for the Figgy fan club awhile back so I’m contractually obligated to play him. Whether it actually happened or not, I have bought in that he had food poisoning or whatever it was before the last fight. Figgy 2.0 coming out tonight! I create my own narratives out of things that may or may not be true! Now Moreno has an obscene chin, but Fig can sit anyone down at 125. I think this time it ends itd. Moreno obviously a great play himself, but GOD OF WAR for me. As stated, I do love me some Figgy, but I really won’t be salty if Moreno wins. He’s an extremely likable guy and Fig really was being a massive prick when he shoved him. Don’t know why he felt compelled to put that negative juju out there.

Deciding between Adesanya/Edwards. I totally understand Vettori plays, but I’ve got Izzy here. The level of striking disparity, level of competition disparity, championship experience – I’m weighting these things. Maybe too highly cos if Marvin takes him down relatively easily and early then I know I’m fubar lol. On the bright side, if this happens @MacMallyMMA will down a bottle of marinara sauce on camera. It’s the little things in life.

• blackdirkdiggler

My only lock in the 9000 range on DK is Muhammad. He’s gonna piece Maia up all three rounds. He should score 9 or 10x. Have zero worries about Maia submitting him. Maia old as dirt(for MMA)

• thevogaman

@blackdirkdiggler said...

My only lock in the 9000 range on DK is Muhammad. He’s gonna piece Maia up all three rounds. He should score 9 or 10x.

Is 90 pts enough though? Cause to me that’s his ceiling.

I just think Maia is the bigger man and will use his old man strength to force Belal into low volume for those first 2 rounds. I think it’s got ugly split written all over it and I’m underweight to both of them.

• someclevername

@blackdirkdiggler said...

Maia old as dirt(for MMA)

This is true. He also has butt cardio, but you have ZERO worries about Belal getting submitted? Obviously since I’m playing Maia that is what I’m hoping for, but I think he can also backpack him like he did Masvidal and win a decision. Or Belal pieces him up for 3 rounds and scores 9/10x lol.

• thevogaman

Edit: double post.

• thedkexperience

I’m taking Vettori in the battle of GTA Online characters. Also pretty heavy on Edwards even though Nate Diaz winning would be perfect for this timeline.

• smonger19

Well, here goes….I figured I’d try to cut down my player pool and I wound up with 12 of the 28 fighters…if I played more than 20 lineups, I wouldn’t have cut out so many…

My top owned fighters are:
    Figgi – 85% (though the weigh-ins scare me)
    Hill – 80%
    Luigi – 70%

Only fights I split were:
    Peterson-Hooper (scared that I have Hooper in both my single entry lineups)
    Frevola – McKinney

• tbird05

Are there a lot of Nate Diaz fans who will turn a blind eye to the fight odds?

• someclevername

@smonger19 said...

Peterson-Hooper (scared that I have Hooper in both my single entry lineups)

(scared that I do not have this fight at all)

• someclevername

@smonger19 said...

Figgi – 85% (though the weigh-ins scare me)

It’s funny cos I actually thought he didn’t look too bad lol. He never looks great cos he cuts so much, but I didn’t think he looked horrible. Or I am very biased and my brain rejects any evidence that would point to a bad outing.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).