STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, June 12th, 2021 | Gila River Arena | Glendale, AZ

Main Card (PPV, 9pm CT)

Main Event – Middleweight Title Fight
    Israel Adesanya (c) (183.5) vs Marvin Vettori (184.5)

Co-Main Event – Flyweight Title Fight
    Deiveson Figueiredo (c) (125) vs Brandon Moreno (125)

Leon Edwards (170.5) vs Nate Diaz (170)
    Demian Maia (170.5) vs Belal Muhammad (170.5)
    Paul Craig (204.5) vs Jamahal Hill (205.5)

Prelims (ESPN/ESPN+, 7pm CT)

Drew Dober (154) vs Brad Riddell (155)
    Eryk Anders (205) vs Darren Stewart (204.5)
    Lauren Murphy (125.5) vs Joanne Calderwood (125)
    Hakeem Dawodu (145.5) vs Movsar Evloev (145.5)

Early Prelims (ESPN+, 5pm CT)

Pannie Kianzad (135.5) vs Alexis Davis (134.5)
    Matt Frevola (155) vs Terrance McKinney (155.5)
    Steven Peterson (148.5)* vs Chase Hooper (145.5)
    Fares Ziam (156) vs Luigi Vendramini (155.5)
    Carlos Felipe (262.5) vs Jake Collier (264.5)

*Peterson missed the featherweight limit by 2.5 pounds and will be fined 20% of his purse

Fight Odds

Tapology Fightcenter

• someclevername

Anyone here have a shot at something big?

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

Why is Nate Diaz popular? I never got it.

Montserrat Ruiz gonna pop out of your bedroom closet tonight and Stockton slap you for this

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Montserrat Ruiz gonna pop out of your bedroom closet tonight and Stockton slap you for this

That or headlock takedown me repeatedly.

• someclevername

@joephoto said...

Sure, I’ve been able to luck myself into some good MMA wins

It wasn’t luck.

Tell me more about MLB & NFL though lol teach me your ways! I don’t play MLB much, but I’ll play football every week when it comes around. And I’ll be horrible at it.

• someclevername

If you had to describe Leon Edwards in one word would it not be efficient? Not sexy, but it works.

• thedkexperience

@someclevername said...

If you had to describe Leon Edwards in one word would it not be efficient? Not sexy, but it works.

He’s really good. Love this fight even if I got it 4 rounds to 0 for Leon.

• thevogaman

Nate Diaz has no business fighting any ranked fighter in the UFC at welterweight. Has he ever beaten a welterweight? Like I said… I don’t get it.

• joephoto

@someclevername said...

Tell me more about MLB & NFL though lol teach me your ways! I don’t play MLB much, but I’ll play football every week when it comes around. And I’ll be horrible at it.

I play lots of lower stakes contests. I watch for injury reports and try to play the guys who are ACTUALLY PLAYING.
    MLBers miss lots of games out of the162, and NFL players don’t play at the last minute also.
    I try to pay attention, since so many youngsters are on their phones, hitting buttons, who aren’t.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

Like I said… I don’t get it.

Nostalgia. In hindsight it was very dumb for me to pick Maia, but I genuinely believed he could get Belal down & submit him. Nostalgia. People who picked Diaz genuinely believed he could win. Plus it does not hurt that crazy shit happens in MMA. Right or wrong people will make bad plays (I do it all the time) based on “it could happen”. Cos it can.

*And Diaz had him in a little pickle in the 5th lmao

• yisman

• thedkexperience

@yisman said...

WOW

That last minute was nuts.

• thevogaman

Yeah props to Nate for the almost comeback. I stand by Nate being a skinny fat welterweight is never going to work.

• someclevername

Props to Leon for being honest, “How hard did he hit you in the 5th?” “Hard enough to wobble me” LOL most guys try to play it off, makes me like Edwards a bit more. Usman still smokes him.

• thedkexperience

@someclevername said...

Props to Leon for being honest, “How hard did he hit you in the 5th?” “Hard enough to wobble me” LOL most guys try to play it off, makes me like Edwards a bit more. Usman still smokes him.

I feel like Edwards could beat almost any fighter on the roster except the champion of his division.

• thedkexperience

Mission Impossible is a solid song choice.

• someclevername

@thedkexperience said...

I feel like Edwards could beat almost any fighter on the roster except the champion of his division.

He’s so well rounded – there is a reason a couple few (not naming names) guys won’t sign to fight him.

• someclevername

@thedkexperience said...

Mission Impossible is a solid song choice.

Figgy’s walkout music is a big part of his success, imo

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

Yeah props to Nate for the almost comeback. I stand by Nate being a skinny fat welterweight is never going to work.

Weed doesn’t buy itself lol that check didn’t hurt.

I agree w/you – Nate at WW (especially at his age) is no good. But he took a chance to cash in and I can’t hate on it. Bonus, he didn’t get embarrassed – that last round is what people will remember.

• someclevername

Moreno looking very crisp in round 1 – oh shit

• someclevername

Damn. Moreno 2-0.

• someclevername

Moreno!!! Holy shit!!! I did not think he was going to do it – I was definitely 100% on Figgy, but omg he got clowned. Absolutely clowned, Moreno TOOK that belt, congrats to him! Figgy shouldn’t have shoved him at face offs, just bad juju. Congrats to Brandon, incredible win – just dominated a beast like Fig – incredible win.

• thevogaman

Yeah, Figgy had nothing tonight. I wonder if Vettori can do something similar to Moreno?

• thedkexperience

That was a really nice moment. Moreno seems like a genuinely good human.

• thedkexperience

Is Vettori coming out to the background music from a Hundai commercial?

• thedkexperience

Stylebender …

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).