MMA FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, July 10th, 2021 | T-Mobile Arena | Las Vegas, NV

Main Card (PPV, 9pm CT)

Main Event
    Dustin Poirier (156) vs Conor McGregor (156)

Co-Main Event
    Gilbert Burns (170.5) vs Stephen Thompson (170.5)

Tai Tuivasa (263) vs Greg Hardy (264.5)
    Irene Aldana (139.5)* vs Yana Kunitskaya (134.5)
    Sean O’Malley (135.5) vs Kris Moutinho (135)

Prelims (ESPN/ESPN+, 7pm CT)

Max Griffin (170.5) vs Carlos Condit (171)
    Niko Price (169.5) vs Michel Pereira (170.5)
    Ryan Hall (145) vs Ilia Topuria (145.5)
    Dricus Du Plessis (185.5) vs Trevin Giles (185.5)

Early Prelims (ESPN/ESPN+, 5pm CT)

Jennifer Maia (125.5) vs Jessica Eye (125.5)
    Omari Akhmedov (185.5) vs Brad Tavares (184.5)
    Zhalgas Zhumagulov (125.5) vs Jerome Rivera (125.5)

*Aldana missed the bantamweight limit by 3.5 pounds and will be fined 30% of her purse

Amedovski/Yaozong CANCELLED

Fight Odds

Tapology Fightcenter

• CityBoy410

Somebody please look at Amedovski picture on Tapolgy and tell me who he resemble.

• someclevername

@CityBoy410 said...

Somebody please look at Amedovski picture on Tapolgy and tell me who he resemble.

lol he legit looks like Marlon Moraes to me

• CityBoy410

@someclevername said...

lol he legit looks like Marlon Moraes to me

Yup, that’s exactly what I said when I saw him. Lol

• CityBoy410

How often are fighters who fighting each other are priced the same?

• thevogaman

It’ll be interesting to see whether the UFC gives O’Malley a bum off the street or some of the people asking for the fight. Merab, Stamman, or a lot of wrestlers could make it look easy and smoke whatever salary DK gives them.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

It’ll be interesting to see whether the UFC gives O’Malley a bum off the street or some of the people asking for the fight. Merab, Stamman, or a lot of wrestlers could make it look easy and smoke whatever salary DK gives them.

It’ll be the #1 ranked BW out of Kentucky

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

It’ll be the #1 ranked BW out of Kentucky

C’mon, he don’t want to mess with Jeremy “Ponyboy” Pender.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

C’mon, he don’t want to mess with Jeremy “Ponyboy” Pender.

Dude is on a 4 fight win streak. He also competed in something called “The Bluegrass Brawl” which is, by itself, enough for me.

Actually thought we might get Ricky Simon for a few seconds, damn.

• factorial89

is main event a toss up. mcgregor only a -115 favorite.

• someclevername

Per Nolan King @mma_kings Sean O’Malley to fight Kris Moutinho (#7 ranked BW out of New England, sorry Ponyboy)

• thebigboy

RG Overall Ranking

Gonna bet against the Sugar Show for sure. Super overhyped and overpriced, even against this nobody.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Per Nolan King @mma_kings Sean O’Malley to fight Kris Moutinho (#7 ranked BW out of New England, sorry Ponyboy)

I think you gotta eat the chalk here (just wanted to use that gif).

• factorial89

question.does anyone but me believe some UFC matches are rigged.

• joephoto

@factorial89 said...

UFC matches are for entertainment purposes only.

• geardaddy

@factorial89 said...

is main event a toss up. mcgregor only a -115 favorite.

It’s very hard for me to back someone like Connor and when his entire camp consisted of him running or riding his bike around Abu Dhabi. He did almost no sparring. No training. No preparation. I almost feel like you need to go 150 lock on Poirier. But then again the ufc can’t really afford for Connor to lose.

• CityBoy410

Listening to Topuria at media day, when they ask him to name one thing that’s good about Ryan Hall game is hilarious to me. By the way I will have a lot of Topuria in my lineups because you can’t go wrong with Georgian fighters right? 🤷🏾‍♂️

• someclevername

@factorial89 said...

It really wouldn’t shock me if Adalaide Byrd and Chris Lee were trying to pay off a mafia debt with some of the scorecards they’ve thrown out there.

• someclevername

@CityBoy410 said...

Listening to Topuria at media day, when they ask him to name one thing that’s good about Ryan Hall game is hilarious to me.

“Man, come on. He’s very bad in striking. He don’t has a knockout power. He’s just like shitty kicks and nothing else.”

lol damn

• iron_tactics

@factorial89 said...

I haven’t personally seen anything to indicate it. Way too often UFC spends money marketing and hyping a fighter and them winning would be largely beneficial for them. Then they get stomped by Boring Mcnoonecares and they have to find and promote the next hype train.

I see it in boxing but I have yet to really suspect it in the UFC. Some fights we can argue are “early stoppages” but maybe the refs and fighters work out signs that they can basically quit without looking like they quit. Can’t confirm if they do this in the UFC.

For example, saying “Fight Back” is a way out. If you want to keep fighting, you fight back, if not, you don’t. Fight is called, done.

Judging is suspect, but at least it’s consistently suspect with the same judges. Basically bad judging being bad instead of corrupt. Judges can’t rig a match if someone gets KO’d or Subbed, or eye poked etc.

• geardaddy

Apparently Trump will be in attendance.

• thevogaman

Other than the main event, I’m struggling with what fights I want to target. Both WMMA fights seem like easy fades on the favorites and I’ll have some Kunitskaya in case she can rack up clinch control and land 100s of insignificant strikes. And I always fade Brad Tavares and Trevin Giles.

Not really sure where the ownership will be other than O’Malley and the main event. Pereira/Price makes sense, but to me it seems like it will be a letdown with Pereira coasting to a low scoring striking decision. I think I’m going to go all-in on Amedovski/Hu Yaozong. The level is just too low for it to not be a finish (or else Hu pays off the salary regardless).

• factorial89

my favorite prop here.the duplessis-giles match does not go to decision.why.in 33 total fights none of the 33 has gone to decision.i got -135 at bet on line sportsbk.

• mnstone14

@thevogaman said...

Other than the main event, I’m struggling with what fights I want to target. Both WMMA fights seem like easy fades on the favorites and I’ll have some Kunitskaya in case she can rack up clinch control and land 100s of insignificant strikes. And I always fade Brad Tavares and Trevin Giles.

Not really sure where the ownership will be other than O’Malley and the main event. Pereira/Price makes sense, but to me it seems like it will be a letdown with Pereira coasting to a low scoring striking decision. I think I’m going to go all-in on Amedovski/Hu Yaozong. The level is just too low for it to not be a finish (or else Hu pays off the salary regardless).

I think you already called out the guys with the biggest ownership. Either ME guy, Omalley and Yaozong. From there, in cash i think Griffin should be highly owned because of teh wrestling. And then maybe dricus? Also like wonderboy as well. Gpps i would go very heavy on Tai.

• thevogaman

@mnstone14 said...

Also like wonderboy as well.

Wonder Boy could be sneaky here. I could easily see Burns getting KO’d in the second round where he starts getting desperate and just walks into something big.

• CityBoy410

Man after saying I might go heavy on Topuria, I’m might be playing some Hall now.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).