MMA FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, July 10th, 2021 | T-Mobile Arena | Las Vegas, NV

Main Card (PPV, 9pm CT)

Main Event
    Dustin Poirier (156) vs Conor McGregor (156)

Co-Main Event
    Gilbert Burns (170.5) vs Stephen Thompson (170.5)

Tai Tuivasa (263) vs Greg Hardy (264.5)
    Irene Aldana (139.5)* vs Yana Kunitskaya (134.5)
    Sean O’Malley (135.5) vs Kris Moutinho (135)

Prelims (ESPN/ESPN+, 7pm CT)

Max Griffin (170.5) vs Carlos Condit (171)
    Niko Price (169.5) vs Michel Pereira (170.5)
    Ryan Hall (145) vs Ilia Topuria (145.5)
    Dricus Du Plessis (185.5) vs Trevin Giles (185.5)

Early Prelims (ESPN/ESPN+, 5pm CT)

Jennifer Maia (125.5) vs Jessica Eye (125.5)
    Omari Akhmedov (185.5) vs Brad Tavares (184.5)
    Zhalgas Zhumagulov (125.5) vs Jerome Rivera (125.5)

*Aldana missed the bantamweight limit by 3.5 pounds and will be fined 30% of her purse

Amedovski/Yaozong CANCELLED

Fight Odds

Tapology Fightcenter

• someclevername

Looking at the prices initially I thought to myself “Haha, no way I am paying 9k for Amedovski!” and that felt really familiar. Like really familiar. Turns out I said this exact same thing about Marcin Prachnio two weeks ago. Soooo I don’t want to immediately X Alen out, but man. Blech. John Phillips’ only UFC win vs Rashad Coulter’s only UFC win – cherry matchmaking here. This fight on paper is a MW cow chip and I’m irritated that I probably have to have it.

Hu cheaper on DK, younger, coming down from HW/LHW so should have a nice size advantage. Seems to have a good chin. There’s a possibility he’s upped his game a lot.

Amedovski prob much lower owned on DK. Does have some power. Hails from Macedonia which has a cool flag. Strongly resembles Marlon Moraes, who was an absolute killer at one point. If Tapology is to be believed, will have a 2” reach advantage.

Sidenote: Hu lost to Coulter. Coulter lost to Ike Villanueva. Villanueva lost to Marcin Prachnio. Prachnio was $9k and I laughed and said I’m not playing him. Hmmmm???

• someclevername

@CityBoy410 said...

Man after saying I might go heavy on Topuria, I’m might be playing some Hall now.

Hall KO via shitty kick – Topuria jinxed himself here

• someclevername

@iron_tactics said...

Judging is suspect, but at least it’s consistently suspect with the same judges. Basically bad judging being bad instead of corrupt. Judges can’t rig a match if someone gets KO’d or Subbed, or eye poked etc.

True.

+1 for “Boring Mcnoonecares”

• BigDaddy123

I hate this week because i have to play 2x as much as normal because i have to have the same lineup with dustin and then connor since they are both the same price. ugh

• joephoto

@BigDaddy123 said...

I hate this week because i have to play 2x as much as normal because i have to have the same lineup with dustin and then connor since they are both the same price. ugh

Just stack the 5 rounder main event.

• mnstone14

lets assume topuria wins, whats really his upside? Hall is going to pull a crappy guard, or roll to catch a leg that wont work and spend a third of the fight on his back with Ilia just standing and looking at him i think. to me the most likely outcome is a low scoring decision win…. right?

• factorial89

took burns at plus 260 by sub or ko.

• thedkexperience

Wonderboy fight week!

Officially sponsored by Modelo and dudes who type no homo on Reddit.

• thedkexperience

@CityBoy410 said...

How often are fighters who fighting each other are priced the same?

The exact same? Infrequently.

Nearly the same? Every week.

• thedkexperience

@factorial89 said...

question.does anyone but me believe some UFC matches are rigged.

The actual fights? No, absolutely not.

An occasional questionable judge. Always possible.

• thedkexperience

@joephoto said...

Just stack the 5 rounder main event.

lol … the main event won’t last 10 minutes. Either Conor is ending it in under 5 or Poirier is ending it in under 10. Maybe we sneak into a 3rd round for a minute but that’s a stretch.

• BigDaddy123

whats with the shirts being on during these ceremonial weigh ins? wtf

• CityBoy410

This card actually have a few high variance fights which I think I will want access to in tournament play.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Amedovski prob much lower owned on DK.

He really does seem like this week’s Prachnio. Villanueva had close to double the ownership and I think this fight plays out the same ownership-wise with Hu +25% and Amedovski 15%. I’m going with 30% exposure for each and hoping one of them gets finished.

• thedkexperience

Me – I’m gonna avoid the top 2 fights for ownership reasons. I definitely don’t believe the main is going 5 rounds anyway.

Also Me – Looks at rest of card.

Also Also Me – Now has 100% exposure to the top 2 fights in every possible combination.

• thevogaman

@thedkexperience said...

Now has 100% exposure to the top 2 fights in every possible combination.

By top 2, do you mean main and co-main?

• thedkexperience

@thevogaman said...

By top 2, do you mean main and co-main?

Yup.

• BigDaddy326

So who has the balls to put zhumagulov and amedovski in the same lineup??

• someclevername

@BigDaddy326 said...

So who has the balls to put zhumagulov and amedovski in the same lineup??

I ended up doing 4 lineups and have 0 Zhumagulov so he is going to break the slate with all the ownership going to Suga’

• gje627

@thedkexperience said...

Yup.

That means you’re playing 16,872 unique lineups.

And that’s without stacking any fights.

• thedkexperience

@gje627 said...

Haha.

No. What it means is that I have 4 lineups. One with Conor/Thompson, one with Poirier/Thompson, one with Conor/Gilbert and one with Poirier/Gilbert.

The other 4 guys are the same.

It also means …

• someclevername

@gje627 said...

Hey, gje! Haven’t seen you in a bit, hope all is well!

• gje627

@thedkexperience said...

Haha.

No. What it means is that I have 4 lineups. One with Conor/Thompson, one with Poirier/Thompson, one with Conor/Gilbert and one with Poirier/Gilbert.

The other 4 guys are the same.

It also means …

AHH

That makes more sense. :)

You’re just covering all combinations of the first two fights only then letting the rest of the lineup fall as it may.

Must have some bad deja vu about the good old days when contests had no limits and SaahilSud (Condia) would always win because he entered thousands of unique lineups.

• gje627

@someclevername said...

Hey, gje! Haven’t seen you in a bit, hope all is well!

Thanks Clever …

Haven’t been around much because I haven’t played much DFS lately.

Doing okay, though ….

Yourself?

• NDNole

I just dabble in MMA so im probably 100% wrong. The research I did (minimal though it may be) led me to play Niko Price. Is that a drastically bad move?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).