MMA FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, July 10th, 2021 | T-Mobile Arena | Las Vegas, NV

Main Card (PPV, 9pm CT)

Main Event
    Dustin Poirier (156) vs Conor McGregor (156)

Co-Main Event
    Gilbert Burns (170.5) vs Stephen Thompson (170.5)

Tai Tuivasa (263) vs Greg Hardy (264.5)
    Irene Aldana (139.5)* vs Yana Kunitskaya (134.5)
    Sean O’Malley (135.5) vs Kris Moutinho (135)

Prelims (ESPN/ESPN+, 7pm CT)

Max Griffin (170.5) vs Carlos Condit (171)
    Niko Price (169.5) vs Michel Pereira (170.5)
    Ryan Hall (145) vs Ilia Topuria (145.5)
    Dricus Du Plessis (185.5) vs Trevin Giles (185.5)

Early Prelims (ESPN/ESPN+, 5pm CT)

Jennifer Maia (125.5) vs Jessica Eye (125.5)
    Omari Akhmedov (185.5) vs Brad Tavares (184.5)
    Zhalgas Zhumagulov (125.5) vs Jerome Rivera (125.5)

*Aldana missed the bantamweight limit by 3.5 pounds and will be fined 30% of her purse

Amedovski/Yaozong CANCELLED

Fight Odds

Tapology Fightcenter

• superjon

@NDNole said...

I just dabble in MMA so im probably 100% wrong. The research I did (minimal though it may be) led me to play Niko Price. Is that a drastically bad move?

If any fight ends up a no contest, my vote is for that one.

But like you, i only dabble, so don’t listen to me.

• someclevername

@gje627 said...

Thanks Clever …

Haven’t been around much because I haven’t played much DFS lately.

Doing okay, though ….

Yourself?

Not bad, just rolling along trying to figure out which fighter is going to stick me w/0.5 points lol

• iron_tactics

@NDNole said...

I just dabble in MMA so im probably 100% wrong. The research I did (minimal though it may be) led me to play Niko Price. Is that a drastically bad move?

No, think he’ll be the most popular underdog since he has high odds value and finish potential.

• someclevername

@NDNole said...

Think he’s live – Niko has an uncanny ability to pull wins out of nowhere. It sort of depends on which Pereira shows up as vogaman mentioned earlier in the thread. This more calculated, technical Pereira can make this fight uninteresting for fantasy but if the crowd is going nuts and he reverts back to his crazy somersaulting ways… never know… something wacky could be on the horizon.

• iron_tactics

@someclevername said...

Think he’s live – Niko has an uncanny ability to pull wins out of nowhere. It sort of depends on which Pereira shows up as vogaman mentioned earlier in the thread. This more calculated, technical Pereira can make this fight uninteresting for fantasy but if the crowd is going nuts and he reverts back to his crazy somersaulting ways… never know… something wacky could be on the horizon.

What if I told you we might get a high paced calculated and technical Pereira vs Niko?

• someclevername

@iron_tactics said...

What if I told you we might get a high paced calculated and technical Pereira vs Niko?

Niko absolutely loves getting punched in the face so this would not surprise me. I am going to throw Pereira in there somewhere so let’s gooooo

• thedkexperience

@NDNole said...

What really matters is do you think he can win by stoppage. Everything else is window dressing more or less in a 3 round fight.

• thevogaman

I’ve seen the world on Tuivasa and I’m on Hardy here (and underweight to the fight as a whole). I think Hardy’s going to win a decision with clinch and top control just by being the bigger, stronger man and he might slip onto the optimal by slightly outscoring another underdog.

• NDNole

@thedkexperience said...

What really matters is do you think he can win by stoppage. Everything else is window dressing more or less in a 3 round fight.

Yeah, I think he is the surprise guy with the quick 1st round win out of nowhere. At least I have some solace that noone is saying its a trash pick so far lol. But im pretty much totally new to MMA just playing for fun today.

• iron_tactics

@thevogaman said...

I’ve seen the world on Tuivasa and I’m on Hardy here (and underweight to the fight as a whole). I think Hardy’s going to win a decision with clinch and top control just by being the bigger, stronger man and he might slip onto the optimal by slightly outscoring another underdog.

Probably cause he’s so hated. Why is he hated as hard as he is?

• dolphinkick182

Marc Raimondi
    @marc_raimondi
    The #UFC264 bout between Yu Haozong and Alen Amedovski is canceled due to COVID-19 protocols in Amedovski’s camp, UFC officials told ESPN. The card will go on with 12 fights.

• someclevername

@dolphinkick182 said...

Marc Raimondi
    @marc_raimondi
    The #UFC264 bout between Yu Haozong and Alen Amedovski is canceled due to COVID-19 protocols in Amedovski’s camp, UFC officials told ESPN. The card will go on with 12 fights.

Thank you

• yisman

@dolphinkick182 said...

Marc Raimondi
    @marc_raimondi

I literally just finished my five DK lineups and I have Yu in all.

Time to start over…

• NDNole

@dolphinkick182 said...

Yu Haozong

THANKS

• iron_tactics

@dolphinkick182 said...

Marc Raimondi
    @marc_raimondi

Oh man, probably gonna be even more Price and Hall now.

• dolphinkick182

@yisman said...

I literally just finished my five DK lineups and I have Yu in all.

Time to start over…

Lmao ya me too. I think they left out the literal translation tho.
    The #UFC264 bout between Yu Haozong and Alen Amedovski is canceled due to the large number of bets coming in on Yu and Vegas told the UFC they couldn’t fight be cause the line was off, UFC officials told ESPN. The card will go on with 12 fights :P

• yisman

@iron_tactics said...

Oh man, probably gonna be even more Price and Hall now.

Yu was the only guy 7,800 and down on DK that I was using. Not sure what to do now.

Now we watch and see how much ownership remains on the canceled fight in the big DK GPP.

• iron_tactics

@yisman said...

Yu was the only guy 7,800 and down on DK that I was using. Not sure what to do now.

Honestly (and anyone please argue)

I think every underdog is incredibly live to win their fights EXCEPT for Moutinho.

So to me it’s like:

Favorites

Live Underdogs

Moutinho

• thedkexperience

@NDNole said...

Yeah, I think he is the surprise guy with the quick 1st round win out of nowhere. At least I have some solace that noone is saying its a trash pick so far lol. But im pretty much totally new to MMA just playing for fun today.

From what I’ve learned the two most important things to shoot for are 6-0 and ideally as many stoppages as possible. Even if you don’t flop the 6 best scores you’ll easily have a great night.

• dolphinkick182

I have a sneaky suspicion that O’Malley is going to show us a sub here. And at +1400 i’m taking it.

• thedkexperience

@iron_tactics said...

Honestly (and anyone please argue)

I think every underdog is incredibly live to win their fights EXCEPT for Moutinho.

So to me it’s like:

Favorites

Live Underdogs

Moutinho

My dog pick is Hall. Too many ways to roll a guy up in a pretzel for a 24 year old fighter to handle.

Levels.

• CityBoy410

@iron_tactics said...

Sounds like a 30 for 30 Doc.

• iron_tactics

@CityBoy410 said...

Sounds like a 30 for 30 Doc.

• geardaddy

Gosh dang it Hu was one of my most favorite dogs

• iron_tactics

O’Malley odds are starting to give me Devonte Smith, Maria Agapova, and Ronda Rousey vibes.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).