STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, September 25th, 2021 | T-Mobile Arena | Las Vegas, NV

Main Card (PPV, 9pm CT)

Main Event – Featherweight Title Fight
    Alexander Volkanovski (c) (144.5) vs Brian Ortega (144)

Co-Main Event – Women’s Flyweight Title Fight
    Valentina Shevchenko (c) (124) vs Lauren Murphy (125)

Robbie Lawler (184) vs Nick Diaz (185.5)
    Curtis Blaydes (261) vs Jairzinho Rozenstruik (257)
    Jéssica Andrade (126) vs Cynthia Calvillo (126)

Prelims (ESPNEWS/ESPN+, 7pm CT)

Marlon Moraes (135.5) vs Merab Dvalishvili (135.5)
    Dan Hooker (155.5) vs Nasrat Haqparast (154.5)
    Shamil Abdurakhimov (258) vs Chris Daukaus (231)
    Roxanne Modafferi (125.5) vs Taila Santos (125)

Early Prelims (ESPN+, 5pm CT)

Uros Medic (156) vs Jalin Turner (156)
    Nick Maximov (185.5) vs Cody Brundage (185.5)
    Matt Semelsberger (170.5) vs Martin Sano (170)
    Omar Morales (145.5) vs Jonathan Pearce (145.5)

Fight Odds

Tapology Fightcenter

• someclevername

Reminder: In addition to the title fights, Lawler/Diaz is also 5 rounds.

• jki7p6

Starting with Val and Lady Lineker, looking hard at Jalin and Noserat for value.

• jki7p6

Want no part of Robbie/Diaz but want to watch. Same with Merab/Moraes fight even though Merab should exhaust Magic into a decision.

• CityBoy410

What’s this video that Josh Thomson claiming to see of NIck Diaz that has him worried for Nick Diaz.

• thevogaman

I just saw that Fiorot/Bueno Silva is off the card and rescheduled for the 13th. I was looking to finally fade Fiorot (and the fight as a whole).

• CityBoy410

@thevogaman said...

I just saw that Fiorot/Bueno Silva is off the card and rescheduled for the 13th. I was looking to finally fade Fiorot (and the fight as a whole).

Hearing Hooker and Haqparast having visa problems but hopefully the fight will still happen

• CityBoy410

Mad respect for how Lawler is handling Nick Diaz last minute weight change.

• someclevername

Karl Roberson OUT per Aaron Bronsteter. Maximov will now take on Cody Brundage per Marcel Dorff.

• mnstone14

@CityBoy410 said...

Mad respect for how Lawler is handling Nick Diaz last minute weight change.

can you even play diaz given the weight change and some of the comments made this week? It really, really seems like he doesnt want to fight.

• CityBoy410

@mnstone14 said...

can you even play diaz given the weight change and some of the comments made this week? It really, really seems like he doesnt want to fight.

I know right.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Karl Roberson OUT per Aaron Bronsteter. Maximov will now take on Cody Brundage per Marcel Dorff.

You’re gonna want this fight in your lineups… I’m leaning the Brundage side.

• someclevername

Everyone made weight – pretty impressive from Hooker & Haqparast. They deserve a bonus just for that. Didn’t see any box of shame usage and only one sunglasses alert (Medic).

• mnstone14

@someclevername said...

Everyone made weight – pretty impressive from Hooker & Haqparast. They deserve a bonus just for that. Didn’t see any box of shame usage and only one sunglasses alert (Medic).

Other worthy weight news, Nick Diaz pulled some BS. He clearly cut to 185, and tots very likely he has a significant size advantage over lawler (who we know will weigh 185ish). Wouldnt surprise me if Diaz enters the cage at 200.

• thedkexperience

@someclevername said...

Reminder: In addition to the title fights, Lawler/Diaz is also 5 rounds.

Me: I’ve been slacking on UFC as I focus on losing money at football. I wonder if the Diaz fight is 5 rounds.

Someclevername: 🤜🤛

• someclevername

@thedkexperience said...

Me: I’ve been slacking on UFC as I focus on losing money at football. I wonder if the Diaz fight is 5 rounds.

Someclevername: 🤜🤛

• someclevername

@mnstone14 said...

Other worthy weight news, Nick Diaz pulled some BS. He clearly cut to 185, and tots very likely he has a significant size advantage over lawler (who we know will weigh 185ish). Wouldnt surprise me if Diaz enters the cage at 200.

Might get bit by the Saturday tinker bug, but as of right now, I’m passing on this one. I hope, from a fan perspective, that it is a banger… but just feels like this is going to disappoint.

• thedkexperience

@someclevername said...

GOAT shit my guy. GOAT shit.

Anyway, just went through the card and it looks loaded with KOs all over the place. I think I can pretty easily pick 6 winners for a parlay (famous last words) but picking 6 for a single entry is treacherous. Lots of great fighters worth paying for.

Val is going to absolutely destroy Murphy.

Volk I like a lot for a high volume 100+ points on like a 4 round to 1 win.

I’m not a Rozenstruik guy but he can KO Blaydes same as Lewis if Blaydes doesn’t change his game plan.

Lots to like here. Smells like an 8 leg parlay Saturday!

• thedkexperience

@someclevername said...

Might get bit by the Saturday tinker bug, but as of right now, I’m passing on this one. I hope, from a fan perspective, that it is a banger… but just feels like this is going to disappoint.

I love the fight but I want zero to do with betting on it for a draftkings lineup. How exactly does a 10 year layoff versus a 4 fight losing streak actually get bet on? I’m sure it’ll be a banger but it’s not going anywhere near my entries.

• someclevername

Just watched the ceremonials – Sano & Bigi Boy both with the “I’m too badass to shake your hand” move. Risky – odds already stacked against you, no need to add elevation to your climb.

Pretty sure I’m leading off w/Volk, Blaydes & Merab.

Note: Feel like I have been on Magic Marlon in every loss & against him in every win. He seems to be in that OSP vein for me – just can’t seem to get his fights right. Hoping to break the chain tomorrow but…you’ve been warned.

Agree w/vogaman on targeting Maximov/Brundage. Medic/Turner seems like a pretty obvious under candidate. My lineup right now requires me talking myself into Calvillo. Not crazy about that cos I do love me some Jessica Andrade. She has given up her back before though and Calvillo can & will snatch up a rear naked choke. Feeling chancy, might roll with it.

• CityBoy410

What’s y’all top 3 fights to target?

• thedkexperience

@CityBoy410 said...

Valentina is gonna murder Murphy.

It also wouldn’t shock me to see Chris Daukaus be the highest scoring fighter either.

Ultimately there are a lot of fights that might be even on paper and still end in 90 seconds tomorrow so it’s more about price then anything this week for me.

• someclevername

@CityBoy410 said...

Volk, Blaydes & Merab lol

1. Volk/Ortega – *It’s hard to envision the winner not paying off their salary
    2. Blaydes/Roz – either Blaydes smeshes or Roz ko’s him.
    3. Merab/Marlon – either Merab smeshes or Marlon ko’s him

Medic/Turner & Maximov/Brundage seem like high scores either way too.

*Took the 5 rounds out since I’m not playing either of the other 5 round fights. I would play Valentina but I just can’t make her price fit.

• jki7p6

Was looking at Jalin for a little value but things changed after digging deep on Uros fight videos.
    This is a unique fighter. Some concern on his ability to not kick a downed opponent.

• thedkexperience

This doesn’t have anything to do with today’s card but I definitely wanted to mention that if you haven’t watched Mazvidal give the Askren knee to Chris Jericho on AEW Rampage you’re missing out.

Special credit to Paige Van Zandt for realizing quickly that shirts are very optional in pro wrestling even when in business casual attire.

• someclevername

@jki7p6 said...

Was looking at Jalin for a little value but things changed after digging deep on Uros fight videos.
    This is a unique fighter. Some concern on his ability to not kick a downed opponent.

Turner also didn’t bring his tarantula to weigh-ins which would have been a tremendous boost.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).