MAIN FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

UFC Fight Night 159 / UFC on ESPN+ 17

Saturday 9.21.19 – Mexico City Arena – Mexico City, Mexico

ESPN+ Main Card – 7pm CDT

Yair Rodriguez (145) vs Jeremy Stephens (145)
    Alexa Grasso (116) vs Carla Esparza (115)
    Askar Askarov (125) vs Brandon Moreno (124)
    Irene Aldana (135) vs Vanessa Melo (140)*
    Martin Bravo (144) vs Steven Peterson (146)

ESPN+ Prelims – 4pm CDT

Jose Quinonez (134) vs Carlos Huachin (136)
    Kyle Nelson (146) vs Polo Reyes (145)
    Angela Hill (115) vs Ariane Carnelossi (112)
    Sergio Pettis (124) vs Tyson Nam (126)
    Vinicius Moreira (206) vs Paul Craig (206)
    Sijara Eubanks (135) vs Bethe Correia (136)
    Claudio Puelles (155) vs Marcos Mariano (154)

*Melo missed weight and will be fined 30 percent of her fight purse.

• gje627

@someclevername said...

Really needed Moreno to win that sumabitch

He did ….

You got it right … the judges … definitely not all three …. and probably only one ….

• smonger19

@mtdurham said...

you really oughta get 15 FPS for a draw its not fair at all

I agree 100%

• iron_tactics

@smonger19 said...

I was going for Grasso anyway, but didn’t know Paper Planes was her walk out song…..I like Esparza too, but now have to go for Grasso even more….

No, Esparza wins with the Dropkick Murphys walk out

• someclevername

@mtdurham said...

you really oughta get 15 FPS for a draw its not fair at all

Agree – but hey, you got your Quinonez KD! lol

• someclevername

@gje627 said...

He did ….

You got it right … the judges … definitely not all three …. and probably only one ….

Yeah, it’s a pisser. Oh well. Maybe can still min cash if this fight scores low and Lil Heathen comes through

• gje627

Not sure how that got there … but anyways ….

• yisman

can’t believe Grasso didn’t finish with the armbar

Esparza wouldn’t tap

• gje627

Again, pretty sure I have mental health issues ….

But even though I would get my ass-kicked … why do I keep thinking how great it would be to grapple in the Octagon … in front of thousands of people and a TV audience … with Alexa Grasso !!! ?

• yisman

wow that draw sucked

means my bets on X by decision all lose…

• yisman

judges having trouble adding up the numbers

• BIF

Holy fuck these decisions are terrible – Grasso deserves that

You’d think the Mexican fighters Moreno and Grasso would get the edge – seems like that happens when It’s in Brazil or England

• yisman

bloody hell, needed a Grasso win

• smonger19

@iron_tactics said...

No, Esparza wins with the Dropkick Murphys walk out

Can’t argue….Dropkick Murphys won it.,

• smonger19

@yisman said...

judges having trouble adding up the numbers

Well, these are tough mathematical equations….there are three numbers to add…..for two fighters….on three cards……I’m surprised they can calculate these in less than an hour….

• smonger19

I’ll like to see the scoring cards tomorrow……(since they took so long)…..will there be a lot of numbers crossed out……

• gje627

I generally like to think the judges … closer to the action than myself … and without the influence of the often annoying “blow-by-blow” commentary by our TV “experts” get fights right … but tonight? ….

• gje627

Okay ….

Last call ….

For all the marbles (that’s Latin for millions and millions of dollars !!!)

Jeremy or Yair?

• iron_tactics

@gje627 said...

Okay ….

Last call ….

For all the marbles (that’s latin for millions and millions and dollars !!!)

Jeremy or Yair?

I have 2 of my 3 lineups still alive. Both have Craig, Esparza, Hill, Nelson, Puelles. One has Yair, one has Stephens. So i’m cool with whoever, and i’m not going to take down the gpp, there’s dudes with 24 more points with one or the other remaining.

• thevogaman

Stephens by scary knockout.

• Krnich

Yair. At least I hope so.

• mtdurham

im pretty heavy on Yair…. would make it a profitable night if he wins… nothing major but enough that i can play NFL tomrorow without depositing lol. Stephens can definitely win this fight, but i just felt like stephens had trouble with Aldo who i think striking is similar to Yair.

Yair can be taken down though and i dont think he’s got the best chin if stephens can land he could be in trouble.

ANd you know what they say in MMA, never leave it in the hands of the mexican judges… dirty as can be

• smonger19

Since the main event really doesn’t matter to me tonight…..because the difference between winning $0 if Yair wins and winning $0 if Stephens win doesn’t really matter to me….I’m thinking about walk out songs…..I’ve always said that if I were a major league closer, I’d use Nazareth’s “Hair of the Dog”….I think that would work well for MMA too….

What would be the best walk out song for MMA?

• gje627

Thanks ….

I’m thinking a dumb-Yair … Jeremy.

A smart-Yair … Yair.

I think a smart-Yair wins …. (but I want Jeremy … pretty much 50/50 … so whatever for me)

• thevogaman

I prefer Stephens for a better share of 1st in the mini but at least guaranteed profit overall.

• gje627

@smonger19 said...

What would be the best walk out song for MMA?

“Ace of Spades” — Motorhead ….

No particular reason, but Lemmy rules !!!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler