MAIN FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

UFC Fight Night 161 / UFC on ESPN+ 19

Saturday 10.12.19 – Amalie Arena – Tampa, FL

ESPN+ Main Card – 7pm CT

Joanna Jedrzejczyk (115.5) vs Michelle Waterson (115)
    Cub Swanson (146) vs Kron Gracie (145.5)
    Niko Price (170) vs James Vick (170.5)
    Mackenzie Dern (115) vs Amanda Ribas (115)
    Matt Frevola (154) vs Luis Pena (154.5)
    Eryk Anders (186) vs Gerald Meerschaert (184.5)

ESPN+ Prelims – 4pm CT

Devin Clark (205.5) vs Ryan Spann (205)
    Mike Davis (155.5) vs Thomas Gifford (155)
    Max Griffin (169.5) vs Alex Morono (170)
    Tim Elliott (125.5) vs Deiveson Figueiredo (125.5)
    Andre Ewell (135) vs Marlon Vera (135)
    Hector Aldana (170) vs Miguel Baeza (170)
    Andrew Sanchez (184) vs Marvin Vettori (185)
    JJ Aldrich (125) vs Lauren Mueller (125.5)

• Cocomilk

@mtdurham said...

These stupid calf kicks are changing the sport not for the better. They’d be tough to outlaw but UFC is gonna have to make a decision or risk a lot of boring fights that get decided by leg kicks

they force action dummy

• harperera

@harperera said...

It appears i’m in the minority. So I’ll go out in a limb and say figueiredo gets a first round tko. I think people are stat watching the fight where elliot got 12 takedowns which was against smolka lol. I just don’t think elliot is a fighter. I think he’s a loser and that’s being nice. Figueiredo is a fighter and has done nothing but progress.

was right about the first round stoppage. lol

to who ever asked why i called elliot a loser. he is similar to smolka when all he does when he is not actually fighting is party and get drunk all day.

• Cocomilk

@harperera said...

It appears i’m in the minority. So I’ll go out in a limb and say figueiredo gets a first round tko. I think people are stat watching the fight where elliot got 12 takedowns which was against smolka lol. I just don’t think elliot is a fighter. I think he’s a loser and that’s being nice. Figueiredo is a fighter and has done nothing but progress.

good call

• smonger19

Feeling good….no losers or underachievers yet in my 2 lineups….of course, none of my fighters have fought yet

• iron_tactics

@mtdurham said...

It’s a ~20 year old sport and the technique started being utilized by most fighters like year ago. I didn’t mean last week

I didn’t even mean a year ago. As far as I remember, the 90s it was predominant with guys like Maurice Smith calf kicking dudes. A. Silva calf snap was from getting checked and that was back in…….2013? It seems to come and go in waves, once checks are drilled it’s abandoned cause checks hurt a lot.

• iron_tactics

How many knees did he just eat and still not go out? Have a lot of Morono but not even mad, just impressed.

• Cocomilk

fuuuuck was counting on you w the td’s all rounds max

• someclevername

@harperera said...

to who ever asked why i called elliot a loser. he is similar to smolka when all he does when he is not actually fighting is party and get drunk all day.

I asked – and tbf Smolka quit that lifestyle. Or he says he did. Idk about Elliott. I still think he is a good fighter but this matchup was ridiculous off a big layoff – Figgy a damn killer. I was on the God of War also, so happy with the result lol. Baeza was the better play for $100 more, but it’s hard for me to take a debutant at that price. GL the rest of the way.

• mtdurham

@iron_tactics said...

How many knees did he just eat and still not go out? Have a lot of Morono but not even mad, just impressed.

Man That sucked. Had a ton of Moreno. No idea how he didnt end it there.

Only 10% owned too. Now I might not even cash my main lineup despite 2 winners, 0 losers and dodging a lot of early busts

• mnstone14

howd they score that 29-27? no way the 2nd round was 10-8, it was competitive even with the knockdown.

• iron_tactics

@someclevername said...

I asked – and tbf Smolka quit that lifestyle. Or he says he did. Idk about Elliott. I still think he is a good fighter but this matchup was ridiculous off a big layoff – Figgy a damn killer. I was on the God of War also, so happy with the result lol. Baeza was the better play for $100 more, but it’s hard for me to take a debutant at that price. GL the rest of the way.

Elliot: I want to come back to the UFC
    UFC: Okay you fight Figueiredo

• mtdurham

@mnstone14 said...

howd they score that 29-27? no way the 2nd round was 10-8, it was competitive even with the knockdown.

They’re supposed to score dominant rounds now 10-8.

Shoulda been doing it all along. Nothing worse than someone getting their butt kicked but grinding out a 29-28 win by gaming the axoring system with one takedown in a non eventful round.

• iron_tactics

@mtdurham said...

Man That sucked. Had a ton of Moreno. No idea how he didnt end it there.

Only 10% owned too. Now I might not even cash my main lineup despite 2 winners, 0 losers and dodging a lot of early busts

I’m okay with it. 5 points from Vera at 9.1k and outscored JJ Aldrich so far.

• someclevername

@iron_tactics said...

Elliot: I want to come back to the UFC
    UFC: Okay you fight Figueiredo

lol for real

• iron_tactics

Fuuuuuuuuug might need Mike Davis if this dude is gonna land 100SS a round like that.

I hope Gifford pulls a Paul Craig.

Paul Craig him Gifford!

• mnstone14

@mtdurham said...

They’re supposed to score dominant rounds now 10-8.

Shoulda been doing it all along. Nothing worse than someone getting their butt kicked but grinding out a 29-28 win by gaming the axoring system with one takedown in a non eventful round.

i get that but this isnt boxing, a kd shouldnt automatically be 10-8. griffin had him wobbled in the same round, and outside of the final minute it was close.

they should score more rounds 10-8 but shouldnt be that loose with it imo.

• iron_tactics

Nevermind Gifford, Danny Elkins him! Exhaust him with your face, keep it up you got this

• mtdurham

@mnstone14 said...

i get that but this isnt boxing, a kd shouldnt automatically be 10-8. griffin had him wobbled in the same round, and outside of the final minute it was close.

they should score more rounds 10-8 but shouldnt be that loose with it imo.

Eh I think the point system is dumb. You land 10 knees to the face that’s 10-8. That’s a ton of damage

• someclevername

Gifford should get some points for heart

*Super happy that I tinkered out Davis last night lol great

• iron_tactics

175 for Mike Davis? Close laptop I think, going to be necessary

• Cocomilk

oooff all davis no gifford but that sucked

• wigg_ESEA

RG Overall Ranking

Big big score

• smonger19

@mnstone14 said...

100% agree….I thought Griffin was winning the round until the last minute….

• Cocomilk

@mtdurham said...

Eh I think the point system is dumb. You land 10 knees to the face that’s 10-8. That’s a ton of damage

• someclevername

@iron_tactics said...

175 for Mike Davis? Close laptop I think, going to be necessary

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler