MAIN FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

UFC Fight Night 164 / UFC on ESPN+ 22

Saturday 11.16.19 – Ginásio do Ibirapuera – São Paulo, Brazil

ESPN+ Main Card – 7pm CT

Jan Błachowicz (205) vs Ronaldo Souza (205)
    Maurício Rua (206) vs Paul Craig (205)
    Charles Oliveira (155) vs Jared Gordon (156)
    Antonio Arroyo (185) vs Andre Muniz (186)
    Markus Perez (186) vs Wellington Turman (186)

ESPN+ Prelims – 4pm CT

Sérgio Moraes (171) vs James Krause (170.5)
    Ricardo Ramos (146) vs Eduardo Garagorri (145.5)
    Francisco Trinaldo (155) vs Bobby Green (156)
    Warlley Alves (171) vs Randy Brown (171)
    Douglas Silva de Andrade (145) vs Renan Barão (146)
    Ariane Lipski (125.5) vs Isabella de Padua (130.5)*
    Vanesso Melo (136) vs Tracy Cortez (136)

*Veronica Macedo has been replaced by Isabella de Padua who missed the flyweight limit by 4.5 pounds

• thevogaman

I love Shogun… he’s an all-time great.

But $9300!? In 2019!?

• someclevername

Crazy DK prices aside, Shogun not going to lose to Paul Craig…right?

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Crazy DK prices aside, Shogun not going to lose to Paul Craig…right?

I have my concerns, but I’ll go there probably 40/40 for both. I think Shogun might go low-owned at least.

I think Turman should be the favorite here against Perez. He was straight robbed against Roberson.

Silva de Andrade looks like a free square against the corpse of Renan Barao.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

I have my concerns, but I’ll go there probably 40/40 for both. I think Shogun might go low-owned at least.

I think Turman should be the favorite here against Perez. He was straight robbed against Roberson.

Silva de Andrade looks like a free square against the corpse of Renan Barao.

I am not sure if I’m playing Shogun yet, but I know that I am not playing Craig lol I’ll die on that hill (again).

• rourke441

who are the brazilian fighters i kinda like moraes

• thevogaman

@rourke441 said...

60% of the fighters on this card are Brazilian, and there’s at least one in every fight… so not sure that helps, but yeah… I kind of like Moraes too. He’s world class on the ground and (should be) going for takedowns against a guy that’s better on the feet. Plus he allows you to fit Do Bronx and one of the other 9k fighters you like.

This card seems easy on paper; a lot of these fights look like total fades. I’m going to play light this week and I’ll be fading Green/Trinaldo, Muniz/Arroyo, Melo/Cortez, and then Garagorri, Gordon, Barao, and Krause. Obviously one of those fighters will now end up breaking the slate, but I’ll have a pretty tight core at least.

• someclevername

Chucky Olives all the way, don’t see what Gordon has for him. I get a Craig play, I can’t do it, but I get it.

Looking at Macedo, Lipski kind of sucks. Idk, need to look more into that one.

Feel like I’m going to play Jacare again and end up being astonished when he loses again lol. Jan can let you down as a favorite*, but maybe this time it is justified.

I get that Barao is washed, still don’t want to pull the trigger on de Andrade for $9100. Not a great look getting finished by Luke Sanders though…I’m going to take a stand here and say Douglas doesn’t pay off his tag. That means he’s a lock.

*I was referring to the Santos fight, but he was the underdog there – don’t listen to me lol.

• smonger19

@someclevername said...

Looking at Macedo, Lipski kind of sucks. Idk, need to look more into that one.

Well, no more looking at Macedo. She withdrew due to severe headaches before the weigh in.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/11/ariane-lipski-vs-isabella-de-padua-ufc-sao-paulo-veronica-macedo-withdraws

They did find a replacement, Isabella de Padua, but she hasn’t been added to the DK player pool. I don’t know anything about her, but this possibly makes Lipski playable. Have to find out more about de Padua first.

• thevogaman

@smonger19 said...

Well, no more looking at Macedo. She withdrew due to severe headaches before the weigh in.

I still like looking at her.

Potential free square situation if they do list the new fighter… but I’m guessing they just leave both out for this one.

I’m warming up to Tracy Cortez as a good play at $8800 right now.

• someclevername

Isabela de Padua added for $6700

*Showed earlier that Cortez & Melo both missed weight by .5 pound but now saying the scale wasn’t calibrated correctly and they both made weight. How odd.

• thevogaman

I dont play cash, but that seems like a stackable game theory play if I’ve ever seen one.

• someclevername

Just watched weigh-ins and de Andrade looks incredibly jacked – Barao is getting ko’d isn’t he? Idk why I’m fighting this.

Perez rolling up in Joker face paint makes me want to pick him lol.

• m994770

@smonger19 said...

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/11/ariane-lipski-vs-isabella-de-padua-ufc-sao-paulo-veronica-macedo-withdraws

They did find a replacement, Isabella de Padua, but she hasn’t been added to the DK player pool. I don’t know anything about her, but this possibly makes Lipski playable. Have to find out more about de Padua first.

Lipski does kind of suck, but I don’t want to galaxy brain this…

• marcellod16

Totally agree on Perez!

• jki7p6

Muniz for slate breaker?

• someclevername

@jki7p6 said...

Muniz for slate breaker?

1st round submission…I HOPE

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

1st round submission…I HOPE

I’m gonna have a few now.

I’m starting to get concerned Oliveira is going to strike and win by decision and tank all of my lineups.

• someclevername

Everyone on Oliveira so he could be the one lol

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Everyone on Oliveira so he could be the one lol

I think he’ll be 65%+ owned… so yeah. That fade could win you some money today. Oliveira by 1st round sub is the lockiest lock … so it won’t happen.

• smonger19

@someclevername said...

Perez rolling up in Joker face paint makes me want to pick him lol.

I had to resist it too, but it was tough. I wanted to take him just for that.

• smonger19

@thevogaman said...

I dont play cash, but that seems like a stackable game theory play if I’ve ever seen one.

I couldn’t resist stacking de Padua and Lipski in one lineup. We’ll see how it works out (I’m not optimistic).

• someclevername

@smonger19 said...

I had to resist it too, but it was tough. I wanted to take him just for that.

I ended up dropping down to Muniz, but I agree it was tough lol.

I just don’t think that Arroyo / Muniz is going the distance so fingers crossed Muniz doesn’t get kicked in the head.

• smonger19

@someclevername said...

I just don’t think that Arroyo / Muniz is going the distance so fingers crossed Muniz doesn’t get kicked in the head.

I went with Muniz in 4 of my 5 lineups and Arroyo in the other, just in case he does kick Muniz in the head.

• someclevername

@smonger19 said...

just in case he does kick Muniz in the head.

lol – I’ll be sweatin’…if I even get that far cos…

I do not have a great track record picking the 1st fight of the night, but I think I’ll take a shot on Melo. She looked like butt on short notice against Aldana (in Mexico City, that is a tough ass debut), but Aldana is a big BW with very good striking. I believe this will be Cortez’s first fight at BW – of course, if Cortez gets her takedowns going it’s probably curtains. I just don’t think Melo is as terrible as some people think and this is a home game for her, which doesn’t hurt.

If Lipski loses against a girl coming in on hours notice lol yikes.

• Cocomilk

@rourke441 said...

me too. dude has been fucking around w his career but is approaching 40, could be last fight in brazil. banking on an early firefight to set up a sub

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler