MAIN FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

UFC Fight Night 165 / UFC on ESPN+ 23

Saturday 12.21.19 – Sajik Arena – Busan, South Korea

ESPN+ Main Card – 4am CT

Frankie Edgar (146) vs Chan Sung Jung (146)
    Volkan Oezdemir (206) vs Aleksandar Rakic (206)
    Dooho Choi (146) vs Charles Jourdain (146)
    Da-Un Jung (206) vs Mike Rodriguez (206)
    Junyong Park (186) vs Marc-Andre Barriault (186)
    Kyung Ho Kang (136) vs Liu Pingyuan (136)

ESPN Prelims – 1am CT

Ciryl Gane (249) vs Tanner Boser (246)
    SeungWoo Choi (146) vs Suman Mokhtarian (145)
    Dong Hyun Ma (156) vs Omar Morales (156)
    Alexandre Pantoja (126) vs Matt Schnell (126)
    Raoni Barcelos (136) vs Said Nurmagomedov (136)
    Miranda Granger (116) vs Amanda Lemos (116)
    Heili Alateng (136) vs Ryan Benoit (136)

• thevogaman

Card is fine, but man the contests really suck this week. I like Gane and think he’s a contender, but I cant see him paying off 9.6k against a guy like Boser. It’s got decision written all over it.

• someclevername

First name that jumped out at me was Jourdain. He looked like he has potential (on short notice at LW) against a guy who is very difficult to look good against in Des Green. Kind of surprised he’s such a dog here. *I could be biased though cos I, of course, was on Jourdain in that Green fight lol.

Wow, that Choi / Swanson fight was 3 years ago? Time is flying.

• ttucowboy84

I’m sure mtdurham can’t wait to breakdown all of these Asian fighters lol.

• thevogaman

@ttucowboy84 said...

Then you get to the dilemma: who’s worse an Asian fighter… or a Mokhtarian?

• someclevername

UFC on ESPN+ 23 official weigh-ins were among the fastest in UFC history. The fighters needed just 24 minutes out of the two-hour weigh in window to successfully hit the mark.”

• mtdurham

@ttucowboy84 said...

lol, the korean zombie is an all-time favorite of mine. Ive probably told this story before here but a fighter from GSP’s camp gave me free tickets to a Korean Zombie fight against Dustin Poirier a few years ago and i got to fist bump GSP and Bruce Buffer that night as they walked by me.

The event was at an incredibly random college arena and very sparsely attended early on so i moved down to the front row of the arena seats (just above the floor seats) and even after the event started filling no one ever asked me to move so i had badass (free) seats to watch him up close. Arena was absolutely electric when he came out, the Asian contingent really gets behind that guy and with good reason. I even won a prop bet with someone near me for like $100 that Cody McKenzie would win by submission which paid for most of my beers. I was drawing unemployment benefits at the time so the entire night was an absolute blast.

All that said, stylistically i think this is a very tough fight for the Zombie and I will definitely be fading him. Edgar has a way of rendering people absolutely helpless if they aren’t flawless technically and his footwork/speed will make it tough for the Zombie to get into the type of slugfest he craves.

• ttucowboy84

@mtdurham said...

All that said, stylistically i think this is a very tough fight for the Zombie and I will definitely be fading him. Edgar has a way of rendering people absolutely helpless if they aren’t flawless technically and his footwork/speed will make it tough for the Zombie to get into the type of slugfest he craves.

I should probably join you in that fade, but I can’t do it. Considering I only knew about half of the fighters on this card existed before this week, I’ll be a fish with my single bullet.

• ttucowboy84

@someclevername said...

UFC on ESPN+ 23 official weigh-ins were among the fastest in UFC history. The fighters needed just 24 minutes out of the two-hour weigh in window to successfully hit the mark.”

• someclevername

@ttucowboy84 said...

You playing Korean Superboy? I’ve been trying to talk myself into that $6800 for Jourdain. I like his potential, but he really is up against it here. He steps up on short-notice for them and in return they give him Choi in South Korea lol, thanks UFC!

I’m on KZ also – Edgar a great play for $7200 but f it, last card of the year let’s go! If Frankie ko’s him with an elbow with one second left I may never play MMA dfs again lol.

• someclevername

I know Da-Un Jung likes to stand and bang, but he has shown in past fights that he’ll go for a td here and there. Rodriguez got 0 tdd and fookin’ nuttin’ off his back. Take the path of least resistance, man! He’ll probably stand and get head kicked into the 5th row.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

I know Da-Un Jung likes to stand and bang, but he has shown in past fights that he’ll go for a td here and there. Rodriguez got 0 tdd and fookin’ nuttin’ off his back.

This whole time I’ve been confusing Mike Rodriguez with Karl Roberson… and I had him in every lineup. Needless to say, I’ve been forced to do some adjusting.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

This whole time I’ve been confusing Mike Rodriguez with Karl Roberson… and I had him in every lineup. Needless to say, I’ve been forced to do some adjusting.

Mike definitely getting the KO now lol

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Mike definitely getting the KO now lol

Yeah, I do think if Jung tries to let himself get teed-off on like he did against Ibragimov, Mike should get get him out of there.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

Yeah, I do think if Jung tries to let himself get teed-off on like he did against Ibragimov, Mike should get get him out of there.

Absolutely agree. If Jung has no intentions of going for a td and just wants to stand – he’s going to get lit up. He has a very clear path to victory if he just takes it to the ground. Time to get my quarter out!

• someclevername

Just about everyone hating on Mokhtarian – watch him win lol

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Just about everyone hating on Mokhtarian – watch him win lol

I didn’t get enough lineups reserved yesterday and the contests suck anyways, so I’m just playing to play on a few… but I have 1 of 4 with Mohktarian in the lineup in the $15… just because he’s cheap, should be low owned, and his opponent is also a can.

Edit: Also, my bold take for the new year…. I think Rakic will be LHW champ in 2020.

• ttucowboy84

@someclevername said...

You playing Korean Superboy? I’ve been trying to talk myself into that $6800 for Jourdain. I like his potential, but he really is up against it here. He steps up on short-notice for them and in return they give him Choi in South Korea lol, thanks UFC!

I’m on KZ also – Edgar a great play for $7200 but f it, last card of the year let’s go! If Frankie ko’s him with an elbow with one second left I may never play MMA dfs again lol.

Well f’n A, I thought I had reserved my single bullet but didn’t and contest is now full. I reserved in the little $15.

KZ and Jourdain will be in my single bullet.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

just because he’s cheap, should be low owned, and his opponent is also a can.

I really, really wanted to play Jourdain in that price range but he’s going to get ktfo. He is exactly the kind of play I like to sabotage my lineup with – trying to turn over a new leaf in advance of the new year. Want no parts of Boser and no interest in Liu.

Never, ever thought I’d say this, but…I think I’m going to play Mohktarian instead.

• someclevername

@ttucowboy84 said...

KZ and Jourdain will be in my single bullet.

:0 I just decided to get off of Jourdain lol

• someclevername

Everyone playing Morales?

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

Edit: Also, my bold take for the new year…. I think Rakic will be LHW champ in 2020.

• ttucowboy84

@someclevername said...

:0 I just decided to get off of Jourdain lol

Haha probably a good thing I’m only doing one lineup. Also have Mike Rodriguez. My lineup actually looks like a pile of shit the more I look at it. Oh well lol

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

And now he’ll probably get starched.

I’m close to 100% Morales and Rakic over the dozen or so lineups I could get in the $1 and the 4 $15 entries. I like Schnell to either destroy Pantoja or lose a decision, so I’m heavy on him too.

• someclevername

@ttucowboy84 said...

My lineup actually looks like a pile of shit the more I look at it. Oh well lol

LOL – welcome to the world of single bullets!

I wanted to play Jourdain and I really do like him, but damn, UFC not doing him any favors with this matchup. I mean Choi went to war w/Cub and losing to Stephens is no shame. Jourdain a considerable step down from those opponents. Having said that, if Jourdain wins I am going to cry lol.

I have Da-Un Jung at the moment, but I really hate this fight. Mike can absolutely knock him out, but if Jung decides to take him down…this fight is just a hot mess of fight IQ.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

I like Schnell to either destroy Pantoja or lose a decision, so I’m heavy on him too.

Oh, wow – I would have it the opposite lol I’d think Pantoja either starches / subs Schnell or loses a decision with Schnell able to keep it on the feet, maintain the range and do (kind of) what Figgy did but with less power. If I know anything though, it’s that I know nothing.

I’m not hating on your Rakic call btw – nice, I like it! Let’s get some new blood in LHW. I’m fading Oez / Rakic and hoping for a decision, but many times I have done this and a slate breaker happens lol.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler