MAIN FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

UFC Fight Night 167 / UFC on ESPN+ 25

Saturday, February 15, 2020 – Santa Ana Star Center – Rio Rancho, New Mexico

ESPN+ Main Card – 7pm CT

Corey Anderson (205) vs Jan Blachowicz (206)
    Diego Sanchez (171) vs Michel Pereira (170)
    Montana De La Rosa (126) vs Mara Romero Borella (125)
    Kazula Vargas (156) vs Brok Weaver (156)
    Rogerio Bontorin (126) vs Ray Borg (128)*
    Yancy Medeiros (155) vs Lando Vannata (156)

ESPN+ Prelims – 4pm CT

Tim Means (171) vs Daniel Rodriguez (171)
    John Dodson (133.5) vs Nathaniel Wood (136)
    Scott Holtzman (156) vs Jim Miller (156)
    Devin Clark (205) vs Dequan Townsend (202)
    Merab Dvalishvili (136) vs Casey Kenney (135.5)
    Macy Chiasson (135) vs Shanna Young (134)
    Mark De La Rosa (126) vs Raulian Paiva (126)

*Borg missed the FLW limit by 2 pounds

• jki7p6

Borg missed weight…again.

• someclevername

@jki7p6 said...

Borg missed weight…again.

I believe Cody Saftic lost some money on that lol.

• someclevername

Rio Rancho sits at an elevation of about 5,300 feet – can’t wait for Pereira to backflip to the cage and be gassed in 1 minute as opposed to 3. Still more than enough time to KO Diego though lol. Obviously if he can’t get it straight out of the gate it’s going to be a long night for Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo. I do not feel good clicking either name, but prob going to need this one. Hope I guess right!

Sucks that Nicco got hurt cos I was thinking about playing her or, at the very least, comfortably fading Chiasson. Now idk – she gonna run through “The Shanimal”? $9400 a bit steep for me as I want to get in Anderson & Means.

Always up for a Merab fight! Should be a good scrap w/Kenney, but I have to take Merab. Anyone that put up 71 points in a (bs) loss, while being choked to death in the final minute and bicycle kicking that entire time, is a friend of mine.

Thought about playing Dodson, but man his fights always seem to disappoint fantasy wise. He’s hard to hit, hard to take down, hard to hold down & throws low volume so he tends to lose decisions. I don’t see Wood getting a finish unless Dodson has had a steep decline since he fought last, which is possible. Wood a lil hittable and Dodson does have some power. Most likely a split decision or something. Any other takes on this one? Just stay away?

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Dodson has had a steep decline since he fought last, which is possible. Wood a lil hittable and Dodson does have some power. Most likely a split decision or something. Any other takes on this one? Just stay away?

Both sides of a Dodson fight are always a pretty comfortable pass for me.

I think I’m targeting the mid range and going balanced for this card. Thought that was the right strategy last week though, too.

Corey Anderson mixed in with the mid 8 to mid 7 range fighters actually works…. almost too easily. Probably be chalky, but kind of counting on us not seeing a ton of 1st round upsets. I’d like to get Dirty Bird in there too.

• someclevername

I’m thinking that no one really wants Dodson…sh*t I’ll take him lol. He is going to be the best fighter Wood has fought and Wood is going to be a big step down from what Dodson has fought. I’ll take a shot now he’s most likely going to be overlooked and low owned. Hey, we’ll see lol.

• GoldenWolf87

@someclevername said...

I’m thinking that no one really wants Dodson…sh*t I’ll take him lol. He is going to be the best fighter Wood has fought and Wood is going to be a big step down from what Dodson has fought. I’ll take a shot now he’s most likely going to be overlooked and low owned. Hey, we’ll see lol.

This seems like a balanced fight card but yet it is still a difficult one to say the least. There are a few dogs which i see that are lives.Anderson Will win no doubt but how? dec? ko? last week was brutal.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Dodson has fought. I’ll take a shot now he’s most likely going to be overlooked and low owned. Hey, we’ll see lol.

I mean you gotta trust your instincts… my concern is its same old Dodson countering, circling, defending, i.e. not scoring you fantasy points.

You got any good nickname narratives for this one? You were right about the Ox Fighter.

• thevogaman

@GoldenWolf87 said...

.Anderson Will win no doubt but how? dec? ko? last week was brutal.

I’d say win by decision. Jan is live here though. On paper Corey should roll with takedowns and grappling, but both guys have improved since their last fight and If Jan can defend the takedown I could see a 3rd round TKO.

I’m thinking I’ll be a little under 50% Corey and a little over 20% Jan. I’m guessing Diego will be the most popular dog and I can’t see having much confidence in that play.

• NewMike

Dodson has scored 70+ points once in the last 5 years, so he might be ok in cash, but I’m fading him in GPPs

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

I mean you gotta trust your instincts… my concern is its same old Dodson countering, circling, defending, i.e. not scoring you fantasy points.

You got any good nickname narratives for this one? You were right about the Ox Fighter.

I may or may not have been inebriated when I posted that after listening to a podcast at 3 or so in the morning. You’re right, that is exactly the concern with any Dodson fight and most likely what is going to happen.

I don’t feel so good for 2 reasons: I may or may not be hungover and 2. Diego is in my lineup at present. Idk if I can actually pick him though. He’s going to have to survive that initial storm and I don’t really trust him to survive a light breeze.

I’m still pissed about Khaos the Ox Fighter (smonger called it out first I believe). Unreal that I didn’t play him lol. F’ng Morono, oh well. I need to look them up cos no one pops out to me – least on the good side. Have a couple bad ones, “The Shanimal” and “Bumblebee” are pretty terrible. Thankfully Corey changed his – “Beastin 25/8” was one of the worst of all time.

• NewMike

I really like Anderson, he’s beating good LHW and Blachowicz is fighting washed up MW. Anyone who can score 140 pts in a 3 round decision seems like a good pick especially when he destroyed the guy already and has made some real improvements. So in a 5 round fight I will have a tonne of him and probably 80%+ on this fight in general.

I agree Sanchez will probably be one of the biggest UD faves, since it’s at elevation and Periera has about 2 minutes of cardio on a good day. But he could very well KO Mr. CTE in those 2 minutes.

• GoldenWolf87

@thevogaman said...

I’d say win by decision. Jan is live here though. On paper Corey should roll with takedowns and grappling, but both guys have improved since their last fight and If Jan can defend the takedown I could see a 3rd round TKO.

I’m thinking I’ll be a little under 50% Corey and a little over 20% Jan. I’m guessing Diego will be the most popular dog and I can’t see having much confidence in that play.

On these fights on a fight card like this one follow your instincts, if you think Diego will win follow your mindset, because you never know right? this in general Corey vs Jan in truth Jan could easily win his rematch as stipe miocic did agaisnt DC.

• iron_tactics

@NewMike said...

I really like Anderson, he’s beating good LHW and Blachowicz is fighting washed up MW. Anyone who can score 140 pts in a 3 round decision seems like a good pick especially when he destroyed the guy already and has made some real improvements. So in a 5 round fight I will have a tonne of him and probably 80%+ on this fight in general.

I agree Sanchez will probably be one of the biggest UD faves, since it’s at elevation and Periera has about 2 minutes of cardio on a good day. But he could very well KO Mr. CTE in those 2 minutes.

I think on some of these fights we all know the range of outcomes, for instance we can safely say Anderson wins as long as his chin holds up. Blachowicz MAYBE IN A LONG SHOT gets a sub on Anderson but Anderson has good sub defense. Anderson should win a UD (WHO KNOWS WHAT KIND OF JUDGES WE GET RIGHT?!) in 5 rounds against Jan but Polish Power might come through and bring up past chin issues.

Dequan Townsend, i’ve bet twice on him already. If I do it again and he loses i’m okay. If I don’t and he wins i’m throwing my computer out mah damn window. DK points wise it was like 14-18 without the 30 point decision win to Lewis. I might fade, BUT this dude knows this is his last chance and it’s not on good terms AT ALL. Short notice, Clark has a full camp, is bigger, more experienced. But Clark can certainly reach into a hat and pull a stunt out and that’s my love of an underdog story kicking in. So i’m just sitting here like

• someclevername

@iron_tactics said...

Dequan Townsend, i’ve bet twice on him already. If I do it again and he loses i’m okay. If I don’t and he wins i’m throwing my computer out mah damn window. DK points wise it was like 14-18 without the 30 point decision win to Lewis. I might fade, BUT this dude knows this is his last chance and it’s not on good terms AT ALL. Short notice, Clark has a full camp, is bigger, more experienced. But Clark can certainly reach into a hat and pull a stunt out and that’s my love of an underdog story kicking in.

I like it – it’s just crazy enough to work.

• someclevername

Someone get their crystal ball out and please tell me what is going to happen in the Diego/Pereira fight.

• thebigboy

Either:
    1. Diego gets caught up in the crowd cheering for him, comes out aggressive and get KOd by a 360 flying knee
    2. Pereira gasses in 30 seconds after break dancing during his walk-out and gets his face sat on for 15 minutes

• thevogaman

The main event read I’m getting is Jan fights very defensively, looking for counters, and trying to avoid the grappling at all costs. Corey mostly scoring with boxing and a lot of time spent clinching, but not getting the number of takedowns we’re expecting. I could see Corey by decision scoring sub 100 and Means and Chiason both breaking 100 with finishes.

I’m thinking Hot Sauce gets less ownership than he should. I don’t see Jim Miller trying to wrestle and Holtzman is going to have more power with the hands.

Corey Anderson is still my highest owned, but it will probably get weird tonight and maybe we dont need him.

Also… I really like Merab and Borg to score the most grappling points tonight… double digit takedown upside for both based on the matchups.

• iron_tactics

@someclevername said...

Someone get their crystal ball out and please tell me what is going to happen in the Diego/Pereira fight.

Michel takes this fight more seriously and doesn’t come out with the showmanship he did with Connely. Hes aware that high altitude is gassing and is determined to exert all energy into a KO. Sanchez runs into a jumping Michel knee or uppercut to the jaw within 10 seconds.

Or Sanchez dodges/absorbs said knee and uppercut gets a quick TD and a RNC
    OR

Sanchez grinds and wins by UD

OR

Diego wins by controversial Split Decision (Hometown no?)

• iron_tactics

I’m leaning Chiasson amd Means bust

• thevogaman

@iron_tactics said...

I’m leaning Chiasson amd Means bust

Yeah, I think 1 of the 2 outright loses… and I could even see both scoring poorly in a win, actually.

I think the mid-range, balanced lineups could turn out well today.

• iron_tactics

@thevogaman said...

Yeah, I think 1 of the 2 outright loses… and I could even see both scoring poorly in a win, actually.

I think the mid-range, balanced lineups could turn out well today.

Everything lines up for Chiasson, she SHOULD dominate, her opponent has about 5 day notice but has fought at BW a few times already so there’s that but, she’s way too green to be -1000. this isn’t Betty white vs. Mike Tyson

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

I’m thinking Hot Sauce gets less ownership than he should. I don’t see Jim Miller trying to wrestle and Holtzman is going to have more power with the hands.

Hot Sauce and Dirty Bird – can’t believe I left those out of the nickname conversation. I like Scott here too.

• someclevername

@iron_tactics said...

this isn’t Betty white vs. Mike Tyson

LOL

• iron_tactics

Rodriguez is fighting out of the “BMF Ranch”

• someclevername

@iron_tactics said...

Or Sanchez dodges/absorbs said knee

He better dodge it lol

I still have an hour to flip flop.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler