MAIN FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

UFC Fight Night 170/UFC on ESPN+ 28

Saturday, March 14th, 2020 – Ginásio Nilson Nelson – Brasília, Brazil

ESPN+ Main Card – 5pm CT

Kevin Lee (158.5)* vs Charles Oliveira (156) – Main Event is 5 Rounds
    Demian Maia (170.5) vs Gilbert Burns (170.5)
    Renato Moicano (155.5) vs Damir Hadzovic (155)
    Johnny Walker (206) vs Nikita Krylov (206)
    Francisco Trinaldo (156) vs John Makdessi (155)

ESPN+ Prelims – 2pm CT

Jussier Formiga (126) vs Brandon Moreno (126)
    Amanda Ribas (115.5) vs Randa Markos (116)
    Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos (171) vs Aleksei Kunchenko (170)
    Rani Yahya (136) vs Enrique Barzola (136)
    Mayra Bueno Silva (126) vs Maryna Moroz (126)
    Bruno Silva (125.5) vs David Dvorak (126)
    Veronica Macedo (135.5) vs Bea Malecki (136)

*Lee missed weight by 2.5 pounds, but bout will proceed.

Main Event is 5 Rounds – all other fights are 3 Rounds

• callmetouch

Sounds like the next 3 events are officially cancelled…..

• NewMike

Got an email today about this event from DK. Thanks for the headsup DK

• someclevername

I thought about making a thread for the London event when pricing came out, but honestly didn’t think it was going to happen so waited. Disappointing, but not surprising. Anyways, better safe than sorry.

• thebigboy

DK should really consider putting up the Cage Warriors card. I’ve been tweeting at them to add it and it looks like they’re considering it. If more people rescued out in sure they’d add it!

• yisman

https://www.newschain.uk/sport/ufc/dana-white-confirms-ufc-249-showdown-between-khabib-and-ferguson-go-ahead-despite-three-cancelled-events-4926

UFC president Dana White has insisted he still plans to go ahead with Khabib Nurmagomedov v Tony Ferguson in April.

The MMA company have recently had to cancel three events between March 21 and April 11 due to the COVID-19 outbreak.

According to ESPN, White stressed in an email that although they always try to keep their events on, this was a very different set of circumstances.

• nickbloggerman

Draftkings doing a little free pool for the Cage Warriors card so im assuming it’s not gonna be a main contest.

• thebigboy

@nickbloggerman said...

Draftkings doing a little free pool for the Cage Warriors card so im assuming it’s not gonna be a main contest.

Im so bummed, I refuse to play eSports.

• yisman

https://www.mmafighting.com/platform/amp/2020/3/26/21195482/ufc-champion-jon-jones-arrested-for-aggravated-dwi-negligent-use-of-firearm-in-albuquerque

Jones was arrested for aggravated DWI (driving while intoxicated) as well as negligent use of a firearm, possession of an open container and driving with no proof of insurance.

Calls to Jones’ management team for comment were not returned.

According to the criminal complaint first reported by KOAT in Albuquerque, officers responded to gunshots and they found Jones in the driver’s seat of his vehicle. He claimed he didn’t know anything about the gunshots fired.

Officers noticed that Jones seemed intoxicated and he admitted to officers that he had been driving earlier that night and intended to drive again. Jones submitted to sobriety tests and performed poorly on all of them.

He later took a breathalyzer test and results returned at or above twice the legal limit.

After Jones was arrested, a black handgun was found underneath the driver’s seat along with a bottle of Recuerdo behind the passenger’s seat.

• yisman

bokamotoESPN
    ·
    10m
    BREAKING: UFC 249 has been canceled. All UFC events postponed indefinitely, due to COVID-19. Dana White says he was ready to promote the event but things were taken out of his control. Much, much more on this to come.

• smonger19

I had just started getting hopeful that this card was going to happen and it looked like a great card too, but ESPN wouldn’t let it happen.

• someclevername

@smonger19 said...

I had just started getting hopeful that this card was going to happen and it looked like a great card too, but ESPN wouldn’t let it happen.

I wasn’t going to start getting hopeful til weigh-ins…

Ferg vs Gaethje would have been a hell of a fight though! Think I would have had to take Tony in that spot. Would have loved to see it, but I understand why they had to pull the plug.

Feel terrible for Rose, apparently she lost 2 family members to this shit.

Stay safe everyone.

• gje627

Crazy to think UFC 249 would actually go on.

Initially disappointed ….

But ran across this, and it may be the most intense sport in the history of mankind mammal-kind.

To understand why … just listen very closely to the commentary in both matches.

Note: You’re forewarned … not for the squeamish or faint of heart.

Epic Battle 1
    Epic Battle 2

Mabel and Olive are #BadAss

:)

• someclevername

@gje627 said...

Note: You’re forewarned … not for the squeamish or faint of heart.

Epic Battle 1
    Epic Battle 2

Mabel and Olive are #BadAss

:)

One word: spectacular

Still watching them and still laughing – so great lol, thank you for sharing!

• someclevername

“Olive closing in on victory and that coveted prize…of being told she’s a very good dog.” lmao

Built on patience and sheer belief.

• gje627

@someclevername said...

One word: spectacular

Still watching them and still laughing – so great lol, thank you for sharing!

Glad you enjoyed !!! :)

I too watched both matches over-and-over again … and laughed harder each time I watched.

….

“But this is where Mabel is strong. Chasing the game. Using that intensity. We saw it in the semi-final … staring at a slightly torn cloth rabbit for over seven and one-half minutes.”

In Match 2, felt terrible for Olive … but what was she thinking? … being without “opposable thumbs” and all? … I guess with all the “showboating” in the closing seconds, she got what she deserved ….

#Tilt

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler