MAIN FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

UFC Fight Night 170/UFC on ESPN+ 28

Saturday, March 14th, 2020 – Ginásio Nilson Nelson – Brasília, Brazil

ESPN+ Main Card – 5pm CT

Kevin Lee (158.5)* vs Charles Oliveira (156) – Main Event is 5 Rounds
    Demian Maia (170.5) vs Gilbert Burns (170.5)
    Renato Moicano (155.5) vs Damir Hadzovic (155)
    Johnny Walker (206) vs Nikita Krylov (206)
    Francisco Trinaldo (156) vs John Makdessi (155)

ESPN+ Prelims – 2pm CT

Jussier Formiga (126) vs Brandon Moreno (126)
    Amanda Ribas (115.5) vs Randa Markos (116)
    Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos (171) vs Aleksei Kunchenko (170)
    Rani Yahya (136) vs Enrique Barzola (136)
    Mayra Bueno Silva (126) vs Maryna Moroz (126)
    Bruno Silva (125.5) vs David Dvorak (126)
    Veronica Macedo (135.5) vs Bea Malecki (136)

*Lee missed weight by 2.5 pounds, but bout will proceed.

Main Event is 5 Rounds – all other fights are 3 Rounds

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@iron_tactics said...

Winner this weekend is someone that doesnt watch MMA, that enters a single entry and fills their lineup based on how cool they think the name is.

And here I am!

• Moszman

I’m drawing names out of a hat, no kidding.

• Steverino01

I was going to pick the American’s, but that seemed like too much research.

• BIF

All in on Dvorak – spent the last day watching old fights with nothing else to do, the kid looks good.

• sjs1890

• 2013 DraftStreet DSBC Finalist

How are mma and soccer not suspended but golf is?? wtf makes no sense.

• thevogaman

I think Kevin Lee is the only American on the card. Have to go all Brasil.

• Wooden_Bones

@sjs1890 said...

How are mma and soccer not suspended but golf is?? wtf makes no sense.

MMA and LMX aren’t taking place in the USA.

• yisman

@thevogaman said...

I think Kevin Lee is the only American on the card. Have to go all Brasil.

In some of the old Brazil cards the Brazilians would get all the decisions from the crooked judges. It’s a viable strategy.

Nothing works 100% of the time of course because there was an event after that where it didn’t go that way, but one Brazilian event where like three bad decisions went to Brazilians sticks in my mind.

Obviously there‘s also a risk that your fighter gets finished and loses that way.

• mattyice522

2 questions for u guys…
    What are the chances that they cancel MMA at the last second like the other sports? ;and
    Is it bad to pick two fighters in the same fight?
    Thanks

• Carpocarp

@mattyice522 said...

2 questions for u guys…
    What are the chances that they cancel MMA at the last second like the other sports? ;and
    Thanks

Less than zero chance it’s cancelled tonight.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #27

RG Tiered Ranking

@mattyice522 said...

2 questions for u guys…
    Thanks

And yes it not ideal to pick fighters from the same fight because you need to have all the fighters in your lineup that get the win points

• someclevername

Yeah, they won’t cancel it now. If they do I’d be shocked. Dana prob greased some palms just to get it w/o a crowd lol. I hate the reason why, but it will be cool – gonna hear everything.

Stacking a fight could work out. Yeah, it’s not ideal, but anything is possible in mma. If you’re confident that a fight goes the distance and they throw a lot of volume or if it’s grapple heavy…could definitely work. It’s rare, but seen it happen. Never know.

For anyone playing that normally does not play mma – don’t feel bad or crazy playing anyone. Literally anything can happen lol mma is crazy. I have picked fighters based on nicknames – not saying it is the optimal strategy, but I’ve done it lol. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. Good luck!

• mattyice522

@someclevername said...

Yeah, they won’t cancel it now. If they do I’d be shocked. Dana prob greased some palms just to get it w/o a crowd lol. I hate the reason why, but it will be cool – gonna hear everything.

Stacking a fight could work out. Yeah, it’s not ideal, but anything is possible in mma. If you’re confident that a fight goes the distance and they throw a lot of volume or if it’s grapple heavy…could definitely work. It’s rare, but seen it happen. Never know.

For anyone playing that normally does not play mma – don’t feel bad or crazy playing anyone. Literally anything can happen lol mma is crazy. I have picked fighters based on nicknames – not saying it is the optimal strategy, but I’ve done it lol. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. Good luck!

Thx. It is would be kinda helpful if FD had stats for ppl lol

• dw12290

I know its not a good idea but I’m going all in today on a sport I have no clue about just in case it’s the last day for DFS in the next month or two.

I’ve found out that if I just pick people without any research I might cash.

• Moszman

Is it going to be live on ESPN?

• yisman

it happened at the last event that stacking the co-main event was optimal.

Of course, that was very unusual, as the losing fighter typically doesn’t get enough points to help you finish high in a GPP.

• yisman

@Moszman said...

The prelims are slated to begin at 3 p.m. and will air on ESPN and ESPN +. The main card will air at 6 p.m. and will also take place on ESPN and ESPN +.

• someclevername

@Moszman said...

I believe it’s on ESPN, ESPN+ and ESPN Deportes.

• someclevername

@mattyice522 said...

Thx. It is would be kinda helpful if FD had stats for ppl lol

If you are looking for stats check out ufcstats.com. It doesn’t show the fantasy point totals, but you can get an idea of the output of fighters.

• callmetouch

Inb4thejustgetupcomments

• Deltfish

Do all fighters lock at 3pm or can you edit rosters throughout? Also is it that big of an advantage for the 5 rd fight? Like for cash games, will everyone have a fighter from the main event?

• yisman

@Deltfish said...

Do all fighters lock at 3pm or can you edit rosters throughout? Also is it that big of an advantage for the 5 rd fight? Like for cash games, will everyone have a fighter from the main event?

all fights lock at 3 PM

as for the other question, I view it as a slight benefit to have a fighter from a 5 round fight (only main event in this case), but I often won’t land on those fighters

today, I do not have either fighter from the main event

if it’s close, I use 5 round>3 round as a tiebreaker.

In this case, my construction did not lead me to either, though.

• Wooden_Bones

@Moszman said...

Yep. I’m sure they’re thankful to get a live sport on the air.

At this point I think ESPN is going to start showing knife throwing and workout videos again.

• joephoto

@dw12290 said...

if I just pick people without any research I might cash.

Yes.

• someclevername

I normally only do 1 lineup – I have 4 right now and I’m just staring at the screen lol. I’m hungover (surprise!) and just ordered some pizza. Hopefully it can only go up from here.

Kevin Lee missed weight, again, and statistically fighters who miss weight tend to win more often than not. Olives is dangerous, but thinking of going 100% Lee. He has a good chin and is dangerous himself. Both have cardio issues, but don’t think it’s going the distance. Lee will get takedowns…I do have concerns that he’ll make a mistake and get subbed, but if he can pour on the pressure Olives has been known to wilt.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).