MAIN FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

UFC Fight Night 170/UFC on ESPN+ 28

Saturday, March 14th, 2020 – Ginásio Nilson Nelson – Brasília, Brazil

ESPN+ Main Card – 5pm CT

Kevin Lee (158.5)* vs Charles Oliveira (156) – Main Event is 5 Rounds
    Demian Maia (170.5) vs Gilbert Burns (170.5)
    Renato Moicano (155.5) vs Damir Hadzovic (155)
    Johnny Walker (206) vs Nikita Krylov (206)
    Francisco Trinaldo (156) vs John Makdessi (155)

ESPN+ Prelims – 2pm CT

Jussier Formiga (126) vs Brandon Moreno (126)
    Amanda Ribas (115.5) vs Randa Markos (116)
    Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos (171) vs Aleksei Kunchenko (170)
    Rani Yahya (136) vs Enrique Barzola (136)
    Mayra Bueno Silva (126) vs Maryna Moroz (126)
    Bruno Silva (125.5) vs David Dvorak (126)
    Veronica Macedo (135.5) vs Bea Malecki (136)

*Lee missed weight by 2.5 pounds, but bout will proceed.

Main Event is 5 Rounds – all other fights are 3 Rounds

• someclevername

They really gonna give Barzola 57 SS total – I love Fight Metric so much. And by love I mean hate.

• iron_tactics

For real though, the announced name and then the fighters waving and it’s dead silent
    Corners need to yell and woot for the lack of crowd

• UGAdude

@ripking said...

Seeing alot of people that have both fighters in a fight in gpp’s. Isn’t that the worst thing to do?

That’s what I was thinking. I’m a novice at MMA DFS, but one glance at the scoring system told me that it didn’t seem like a smart idea to pick both fighters from the same fight. Win points are too important.

• Felixxberg

Is it really a draw? Which would mean none of the two gets the W points?

• callmetouch

@someclevername said...

They really gonna give Barzola 57 SS total – I love Fight Metric so much. And by love I mean hate.

Right? Round 3 they didn’t even count those elbows to the body as significant.

• iron_tactics

@UGAdude said...

That’s what I was thinking. I’m a novice at MMA DFS, but one glance at the scoring system told me that it didn’t seem like a smart idea to pick both fighters from the same fight. Win points are too important.

Looks like a lot of optimizers without rules to NOT roster same fight fighters together. I like seeing it though

• UGAdude

@iron_tactics said...

Looks like a lot of optimizers without rules to NOT roster same fight fighters together. I like seeing it though

Yeah no doubt. Seems like a big edge to people who use a little common sense.

• someclevername

@callmetouch said...

Right? Round 3 they didn’t even count those elbows to the body as significant.

Moroz with 500 SS and Barzola with 57. Sigh.

• BIF

@ripking said...

Seeing alot of people that have both fighters in a fight in gpp’s. Isn’t that the worst thing to do?

For 95% of fights years but then once in a while you get a strike-heavy fight and both fighters top 90 points and the winner is 110+.

• hcassidy

@Felixxberg said...

It was scored that way, which as others Like callmetouch and someclevername have talked about. From what I seen it should of been Barzola with a W for what he did from the middle of RD2 and RD3 alone. He completely took over.

• yisman

@yisman said...

the fights all going to decision killing my props

absolutely brutal day

• iron_tactics

@someclevername said...

Moroz with 500 SS and Barzola with 57. Sigh.

I hope they correct it to the 750 SS Moroz should have.

• BIF

@Felixxberg said...

Correct – Draws and No Contests suck; a few cards ago a guy took an unintentional eye poke in 1st and couldn’t finish so it was a NC, brutal as both fighters had like 5-10 points

• Wynter12

So does Barzola kill lineups? I have very little knowledge of MMA and just a bored degenerate lol

• Moszman

Still with 0 points on FanDuel, man I’m good.

• BIF

@hcassidy said...

It was scored that way, which as others Like callmetouch and someclevername have talked about. From what I seen it should of been Barzola with a W for what he did from the middle of RD2 and RD3 alone. He completely took over.

Problem was he still lost 2nd round on 2 of the judges cards and lost 1st round on all 3

• iron_tactics

@Wynter12 said...

So does Barzola kill lineups? I have very little knowledge of MMA and just a bored degenerate lol

To win the large field gpp yeah, cash etc. depends on the other lineups. 57 not bad if all favorites lose

• Wynter12

Oh ok. Thanks for the info. I didn’t play anything significant. Just curious. Good luck to everyone else though :)

• BadAtBetting

@ripking said...

Winner last week had two fighters from the same fight. Super rare though. Although it made sense last week.

• Felixxberg

@hcassidy and BIF: Thanks! I didn’t have anyone from that fight so it’s nice for me, but it’s a bummer for most people. I assume bet sites made a lot of money because of that too!

• hcassidy

@BIF said...

Problem was he still lost 2nd round on 2 of the judges cards and lost 1st round on all 3

Which I found absolutely astonishing. The way this Dos Santos/Kunchenko fight is going, I can see it going as a Draw as well. Seems they are valuing takedowns and control time more than elbows and such.

• iron_tactics

@hcassidy said...

Which I found absolutely astonishing. The way this Dos Santos/Kunchenko fight is going, I can see it going as a Draw as well. Seems they are valuing takedowns and control time more than elbows and such.

Depends on the judges. But, if, they don’t want judges to figure it out and decide who won they could always

• BIF

@hcassidy said...

Can’t be a draw as nobody won a 10-8 round

Dos Santos won 1st and 3rd but none of the rounds were dominating

• someclevername

Idk why I keep playing Kunchenko – he doesn’t throw a ton of volume & never goes for takedowns. He’s my new Dodson lol he’ll get a KO 3 years from now.

• BIF

@iron_tactics said...

Depends on the judges. But, if, they don’t want judges to figure it out and decide who won they could always

Exactly – don’t leave it in the judges hands !

Everything is a 3-round decision so far

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.