STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

UFC Fight Night 173 / UFC on ESPN+ 31

Saturday, August 1st, 2020 | UFC APEX | Las Vegas, NV

Main Card (ESPN+, 8pm CT)

Derek Brunson (186) vs Edmen Shahbazyan (185.5)
    Joanne Calderwood (126) vs Jennifer Maia (124.5)
    Vicente Luque (170.5) vs Randy Brown (170.5)
    Bobby Green (156) vs Lando Vannata (155.5)
    Kevin Holland (184) vs Trevin Giles (185)

Prelims (ESPN+, 6pm CT)

Frankie Saenz (136) vs Jonathan Martinez (140.5)*
    Nate Maness (144.5) vs Johnny Munoz (145.5)
    Jamall Emmers (146) vs Vince Cachero (145)
    Chris Gutierrez (135.5) vs Cody Durden (135.5)

*Martinez missed the Bantamweight limit by 4.5 pounds and will be fined 30% of his purse

Herman/Meerschaert CANCELLED

Fight Odds

Tapology Event Page

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

LOL ok so I just found out he’s had this for awhile. Like I said – extremely observant.

He should come out to the thong song.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

A+

• someclevername

I know people who do multiple lineups for dfs will have some Brunson, but is he being touted ANYwhere? Is he being completely written off?

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Luuuqueee!

Lots of touts seem to think Luque’s chin is going to finally crack here – and I just don’t see it. Especially here. I think Luque does a better job than people realize rolling with what look like hard counters. He eats them in the sense that they land, but if you notice he almost always lands his own straight counters off it.

Also, I think Brown’s lead leg could be compromised very quickly and it’s gonna make him struggle that much more to keep the distance in the small cage. I think Brown’s best path would be to look to wrestle and take a lay and pray type of approach.

That said… I’ll still have 35% exposure to Brown (65% Luque) because of the limited amount of fights and maybe I’m just flat wrong.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

I know people who do multiple lineups for dfs will have some Brunson, but is he being touted ANYwhere? Is he being completely written off?

No. Yes.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

Also, I think Brown’s lead leg could be compromised very quickly and it’s gonna make him struggle that much more to keep the distance in the small cage.

THIS – I watched Brown/Barberena the other night and leg kicks were there for Bryan whenever he wanted. That’s just one fight, but I don’t think Randy has ever checked kicks w/any kind of consistency. Could be wrong – someone let me know if I am.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

No. Yes.

lol – I don’t want to play Brunson, but this makes me want to play Brunson.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

lol – I don’t want to play Brunson, but this makes me want to play Brunson.

I’m going to have exposure, but Shahbazyan by 1st round knockout seems so likely. It’s going to be very difficult to get any leverage on the field at this point. I’m trying out some Brunson/Brown/Giles stacks to maybe get original. I don’t think you see all 3 in the same lineup very often and they’re all proven, legit UFC fighters (even though I think they all lose).

Also, I end up with $1000+ left a lot more than usual. I have to think Gutierrez’ exposure is going to be higher than it should be… just because people will want to use more salary.

• geardaddy

man this has to be a record for canceled fights in a week. dana should be more on top of this honestly. he’s in vegas it shouldn’t be that hard to put together fights. i’m a degen and probably will still play this card.

• someclevername

@geardaddy said...

i’m a degen and probably will still play this card.

We might bitch about it…but we’re all gonna play it lol

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

I’m going to have exposure, but Shahbazyan by 1st round knockout seems so likely.

I don’t remember who said it, but if Derek gets hit hard and abandons everything for his “wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tubeman” routine lol yeah, he’s getting ko’d.

*Took the gif out lol it was sort of annoying.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

Lots of touts seem to think Luque’s chin is going to finally crack here – and I just don’t see it.

Agree – if Randy Brown knocks out Luque I’ll just have to take that L.

• thevogaman

I don’t think the contests are going to fill tomorrow. Too much “sports are back” excitement and the card is shit. Even if we get overlay… still thinking first gets split more than 100 ways for like $2000 or so.

I would not max enter the Throwdown this week under any circumstances. I’ve been doing 20 but probably only doing a few for tomorrow.

• CityBoy410

@thevogaman said...

He got to be platinum blond for that. Lol

• thevogaman

@CityBoy410 said...

He got to be platinum blond for that. Lol

The more I think, it’s probably a nod to Kevin Randleman (or maybe Wesley Snipes from Demolition Man).

It’s a shame it’s so easy to fit in Shahbazyan, Luque, and Holland… hell you can fit them with 3 other favorites, thanks to that rat bastard Ray Borg.

Here’s hoping for lots of upsets tonight and still being able to win some big prizes.

• jki7p6

Ribs win

• S7ubs

@thevogaman said...

The more I think, it’s probably a nod to Kevin Randleman (or maybe Wesley Snipes from Demolition Man).

It’s a shame it’s so easy to fit in Shahbazyan, Luque, and Holland… hell you can fit them with 3 other favorites, thanks to that rat bastard Ray Borg.

Here’s hoping for lots of upsets tonight and still being able to win some big prizes.

Only reason why I have brown in some lineups is to hope for a low owned upset

• someclevername

Decided against JoJo – prob gonna be a close decision and I’d rather not.

Taking Munoz, but I really have no solid reason why. Going Holland instead of Martinez – Saenz might be able to grind out a win. I’m not sure how Giles wins other than a puncher’s chance or if Holland’s shoulder falls off. He said on June 2nd that he’d be good to go in six weeks, so I’m sure he’s fine.

Emmers cos I have to, right?

• someclevername

@jki7p6 said...

Ribs win

Undefeated champ

• geardaddy

lol this mma slate could not get worse. dk wouldn’t allow you to withdraw all you entires once contests fill?

• S7ubs

Per Ana Hissa, Meerschaert is off tonight’s card after testing positive for COVID-19. He was scheduled to face Ed Herman.

According to Phil Murphy on Twitter

• dolphinkick182

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1289675479134269441 and Helwani

• someclevername

@S7ubs said...

Per Ana Hissa, Meerschaert is off tonight’s card after testing positive for COVID-19. He was scheduled to face Ed Herman.

According to Phil Murphy on Twitter

Well, that sucks. 9 fights, gross.

• someclevername

@geardaddy said...

lol this mma slate could not get worse. dk wouldn’t allow you to withdraw all you entires once contests fill?

Yeah, I think once they fill you stuck.

• Carpocarp

Card is a mess.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler