MAIN FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

UFC Fight Night 174 / UFC on ESPN+ 32

Saturday, August 8th, 2020 | UFC APEX | Las Vegas, NV

Main Card (ESPN+, 8pm CT)

Derrick Lewis (265) vs Aleksei Oleinik (227)
    Chris Weidman (186) vs Omari Akhmedov (185.75)
    Darren Stewart (186) vs Maki Pitolo (186)
    Yana Kunitskaya (135.5) vs Julija Stoliarenko (136)
    Beneil Dariush (158)* vs Scott Holtzman (156)

Prelims (ESPN+, 5pm CT)

Tim Means (171) vs Laureano Staropoli (174.5)**
    Kevin Holland (183.5) vs Joaquin Buckley (185)
    Nasrat Haqparast (156) vs Alex Munoz (156)
    Andrew Sanchez (185.5) vs Wellington Turman (185.5)
    Justin Jaynes (146) vs Gavin Tucker (146)
    Youssef Zalal (146) vs Peter Barrett (145.5)
    Ali Qaisi (136) vs Irwin Rivera (136)

*Dariush missed the Lightweight limit by 2 pounds and fined 20% of his purse

**Staropoli missed the Welterweight limit by 3.5 pounds and fined 20% of his purse.

Fight Odds

Tapology Event Page

• NDNole

I think I might be getting the hang of MMA. Made my lineup before checking in here and you guys are mentioning a few plays I like. Either that OR you are thinking like me, total MMA newb lol. Probably not a good thing.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

Weidman at $8k is kind of a joke to me. The chin is faded, but this seems like an easy win wherever it goes. Tim Means, also. Daniel Rodriguez would style on Staropoli and Niko would knock him out, too. MMA math kind of… but I think both win easily (or get knocked out again).

Feels like recency bias because both guys are getting pretty big steps down in competition and would be close to 9k fighters if this was the match-up one fight prior.

Yeah, I don’t think Dirty Bird is quite Ben Saunders (yet) and really not high on Staropoli in general. $7900 seems like a steal…seems lol. I’m going to play Tim one more time and if Staropoli dusts him…well, the fight biz is a rough one and the mma gods are not very sentimental.

Weidman’s durability I’m a little more concerned about. He’s definitely the better fighter, but I’m not sure what to do w/this fight yet.

• someclevername

Maybe I’ll just go all iron chin team with Weidman, Benny & Means. I still have golf and NASCAR if it doesn’t work out lol.

• hypegotti

WEIDMAN iron chin?

• someclevername

@hypegotti said...

WEIDMAN iron chin?

Like a prime Big Country! Nah, it was just a joke – all 3 of those guys have questionable chins, but are superior skills wise. Should make the fights suspenseful lol.

• BigDaddy123

This Joaquin buckley guy is a tank, Daddy likes the +340 odds for betting, and maybe a little sprinkle in of him on DK

• hypegotti

@someclevername said...

Like a prime Big Country! Nah, it was just a joke – all 3 of those guys have questionable chins, but are superior skills wise. Should make the fights suspenseful lol.

My bad I stopped reading at weidman haha

• someclevername

@hypegotti said...

My bad I stopped reading at weidman haha

You were like W H A T lol it would be a shocking statement.

• smonger19

@thevogaman said...

The Dariush miss is kind of concerning. I don’t believe he’s ever missed weight before. Might be something going on there. Got me nervous sitting at 40% exposure to Beneil; just don’t see him as a guy that would miss on purpose.

This got me a bit off Dariush and I added a bit of Holtzman. The winner should put up a better score than most other winners. Now I’m worried about having too much Holtzman.

• smonger19

@thevogaman said...

I think you and everyone else. I’m hedging a decent amount just because Tucker is the better striker in a lot of ways and he’s proven himself to be very durable. Be interesting to see if Jaynes comes in to brawl again and gasses himself out if he can’t get the early finish

I have very little of this fight (2 of 12 on Jaynes, 1 of 12 on Tucker). I have a feeling that Jaynes will gas himself out.

• smonger19

@Syko said...

I’m just fading Lewis entirely. Just don’t want to pay $8.7k at likely high ownership for a guy that needs to hit a big punch early to make it in the optimal. I don’t really see it being a 5 round fight as a necessary huge upside for him. His striking volume is so low that it’s not like he’s going to be racking strikes up in the extra rounds if they happen, which is doubtful. Rather play for an Oleinik submission.

I wound up with 2 of 12 lineups having Lewis. I have 6 with Oleinik.

• smonger19

@someclevername said...

Weidman’s durability I’m a little more concerned about. He’s definitely the better fighter, but I’m not sure what to do w/this fight yet.

I felt I had to get Weidman in one lineup, but I don’t really like it. I have Akhmedov in 4.

• thevogaman

Yeah, I’ve hedged my way into decent Staropoli, Akhmedov, and Holtzman exposure. Most lineups don’t cash anyways, here’s hoping for one. Good luck everybody.

• smonger19

If either Ali AlQaisi or “Slippery Pete” Barrett can pull off an early upset, I’d really appreciate it.

• bt443407

Holy crap, Lewis is 40.9% in the Throwdown? I have him in 1/150 lineups, LOL!!! Fingers crossed!

• someclevername

@smonger19 said...

This got me a bit off Dariush and I added a bit of Holtzman. The winner should put up a better score than most other winners. Now I’m worried about having too much Holtzman.

If Benny can’t get him out of there early he’s going to be in trouble as we know his gas tank & durability isn’t the best. Holtzman is a good play, but Benny has been good to me lol not ready to hop off the train yet. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him get ko’d though.

I did not spend a whole lot of time on this card and ended up with Sanchez, Means, Benny, The Dentist, Weidman & Black Beast.

GL everyone

• iron_tactics

Have a feeling Sanchez, Means, Benny, Stewart, Weidman and Lewis feint before their walkout

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

I did not spend a whole lot of time on this card and ended up with Sanchez, Means, Benny, The Dentist, Weidman & Black Beast.

Yeah, I like this… think I have this one in there somewhere.

Alqaisi was great in the HBO series Barry btw.

• Cocomilk

@smonger19 said...

If either Ali AlQaisi or “Slippery Pete” Barrett can pull off an early upset, I’d really appreciate it.

Alqaisi spamming takedowns is giving me bad vibes

• iron_tactics

Alqaisi said

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

Alqaisi was great in the HBO series Barry btw.

lol that guy was hilarious

• someclevername

NoHo Hank! I couldn’t remember his name

• iron_tactics

If Alqaisi wins i’ll shave my head.

• thevogaman

Not really sure how to judge this one so far.

• thevogaman

@iron_tactics said...

If Alqaisi wins i’ll shave my head.

And eyebrows?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).