STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

UFC Fight Night 178 / UFC on ESPN+ 36

Saturday, September 19th, 2020 | UFC APEX | Las Vegas, NV

Main Card (ESPN+, 7pm CT)

Colby Covington (171) vs Tyron Woodley (171)
    Donald Cerrone (170.5) vs Niko Price (170.5)
    Khamzat Chimaev (185.5) vs Gerald Meerschaert (186)
    Johnny Walker (205.5) vs Ryan Spann (205.5)
    Mackenzie Dern (115) vs Randa Markos (115.5)
    Kevin Holland (185) vs Darren Stewart (185.5)

Prelims (ESPN+, 4pm CT)

Jordan Espinosa (126) vs David Dvořák (125.5)
    Mirsad Bektić (144.5) vs Damon Jackson (145.5)
    Mayra Bueno Silva (125.5) vs Mara Romero Borella (125)
    Sarah Alpar (135.5) vs Jessica-Rose Clark (135)
    Darrick Minner (146) vs T.J. Laramie (145)
    Randy Costa (135) vs Journey Newson (135)
    Andre Ewell (134.5) vs Irwin Rivera (135.5)
    Tyson Nam (136) vs Jerome Rivera (135)

Fight Odds

Tapology Event Page

• geardaddy

Dk finally added mma achievements

• someclevername

@geardaddy said...

Dk finally added mma achievements

• Touchole

About damn time. well done, DK

• geardaddy

So what are we gonna do if chimaev gets caught in a guillotine?

• DrPancake

Anybody else taking a flyer on Meerschaert? I know Chimaev is “the next big thing” blah, blah, blah…but he has had such an easy path thus far in those 2 fights. I dont even think he got hit, not with a SS any way. Certainly didnt have defend a sub attempt or a takedown. Meers is a good sub guy and could catch him from the bottom. Also, we didnt see much of Chimaev’s stand up yet. Hes basically just taken down 2 cans and pounded them without any resistance and now hes calling out Maia and the Diaz bros. A nice slice of humble pie coming?

• thevogaman

@DrPancake said...

Anybody else taking a flyer on Meerschaert?

I’m at 10% (and 85% Chimaev). It’s MMA; you never know… but Chimaev should get half guard and beat the hell out of Meerschaert the whole fight.

I dont think anyone will even be competitive against Chimaev at 170 outside the top 3. But I do hope this is his last fight at 185… not worth the risk.

• m994770

@thevogaman said...

Chimaev and Covington sure seem like they’ll be the highest scorers, but it’s hell to fit both into the same lineup.

For the Woodley-backers: Maybe bet 1st rd KO as a hedge (if you want). But it’s no Colby, no cash on DK. Just saying.

I’m like 80% Colby. If he loses, I can only hope I’ll be really drunk…

• m994770

At the risk of getting laughed out of town . . . and despite that she rates dead-last on my spreadsheet (but hey, so did Julian Arosa!) . . . what do you guys think of Sarah Alpar? Fighting a girl her size, who has been taken down before by similarly skilled grapplers – looks aggressive in the tape I’ve watched. At least tell me the line shouldn’t be this wide – I mean, Rose-Clark kinda sucks . . . !?

• m994770

@geardaddy said...

100% damon jackson

I’m landing on him a lot . . . and I really don’t understand the line . . . which I guess means I should fade!

• thevogaman

@m994770 said...

At the risk of getting laughed out of town . . . and despite that she rates dead-last on my spreadsheet (but hey, so did Julian Arosa!) . . . what do you guys think of Sarah Alpar? Fighting a girl her size, who has been taken down before by similarly skilled grapplers – looks aggressive in the tape I’ve watched. At least tell me the line shouldn’t be this wide – I mean, Rose-Clark kinda sucks . . . !?

She and Darren Stewart are my highest-owned dogs and I’m basically jamming in Chimaev/Covington in every lineup. Best laid plans, right?

• m994770

@thevogaman said...

She and Darren Stewart are my highest-owned dogs and I’m basically jamming in Chimaev/Covington in every lineup. Best laid plans, right?

Same – only I really think Stewart sucks, don’t really like Minner, so I drop all the way down D Jackson in my builds. Having to force myself to work in some of these other low-priced jokers.

• yisman

I have Alpar in my initial build.

• thevogaman

@m994770 said...

Same – only I really think Stewart sucks, don’t really like Minner, so I drop all the way down D Jackson in my builds. Having to force myself to work in some of these other low-priced jokers.

Yeah, I think Holland still clowns enough to make it close. So I took Stewart by decision at +400-something and fight goes the distance -150. Just think it’s a closer fight than people think and Holland does too many off balance, hands down stuff that he might get pieced-up on the feet.

I’m not playing a lot of lineups tonight so I’m cool with taking hard stances, tight core, and hope I don’t get Roosevelt Roberts-ed by Colby or Chimaev.

• iron_tactics

@m994770 said...

Short answer, yes I think it’s wide. Looks like the public has Rose-Clark at around -355. There’s a couple unknown variables that won’t be known until the first round starts.

I really like this card. There is a lot disrespect in odds

• thedkexperience

@thevogaman said...

Haven’t watched any interviews or hype videos on this one… what did I miss that would lead yinz to root for Woodley?

Without getting political … it’s political.

• thedkexperience

@m994770 said...

She was the last person I added to my single entry. I don’t like that I had to add her to it but she has a good chance to get a W. With your last fighter that’s almost all you can ask for. As you said, I looked at the other fighter and thought, “well she kind of sucks so, sure.”

• m994770

@thedkexperience said...

She was the last person I added to my single entry. I don’t like that I had to add her to it but she has a good chance to get a W. With your last fighter that’s almost all you can ask for. As you said, I looked at the other fighter and thought, “well she kind of sucks so, sure.”

Cross your fingers that all of her pitter-pats are counted as sig strikes!

• thedkexperience

@m994770 said...

Cross your fingers that all of her pitter-pats are counted as sig strikes!

Haha yeah exactly.

• geardaddy

dk should have made contests a little bigger this weak. most contests are already filled.

• someclevername

The bad news is I thought I had entered the big $15 contest but apparently did not and it’s full. The good news is the UFC released John Dodson so I don’t have to play him anymore.

• smonger19

@thevogaman said...

Chimaev and Covington sure seem like they’ll be the highest scorers, but it’s hell to fit both into the same lineup.

I worked the Covington/Chimaev duo into 6 of my 12 lineups. I also went with Covington/Meerschaert in 3 and Chimaev/Woodley in 3.

Some good mid-priced fights with a good chance for a stoppage….I have more Cerrone than Price and more Spann than Walker but both fights should be high scoring for the winner.

The good news is that most of my exposure is in the last 4 fights so I will think I’m winning until late in the card.

• smonger19

@m994770 said...

Under $7,700, I have the most of her. She has a good chance at the win and if she loses, she shouldn’t get finished and can still put up about 40 points. Won’t take down a GPP, but won’t put you out of the money.

The longshot I took a couple shares of was Minner. Either he gets an early finish or he gets destroyed. Definitely not counting on him, but worth a shot.

• smonger19

@thedkexperience said...

Without getting political … it’s political.

Really hope Covington goes lower owned than he should be due to people not liking him.

• smonger19

@someclevername said...

The good news is the UFC released John Dodson so I don’t have to play him anymore.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

• thebigboy

RG Overall Ranking

After the press conference fiasco and hearing Colby in his interviews, if seems obvious to me that he’s sick. Not saying it’s Covid necessarily but he was at a Trump rally w/o a mask on. Definitely gonna be heavier on T-Wood than originally.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).