STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

UFC Fight Night 180 / UFC on ESPN+ 38

Saturday, October 17th, 2020 | UFC Fight Island | Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Main Card (ESPN+, 6pm CT)

Brian Ortega (146) vs Chan Sung Jung (146)
    Jessica Andrade (126) vs Katlyn Chookagian (126)
    Modestas Bukauskas (206) vs Jimmy Crute (206)
    Claudio Silva (171) vs James Krause (171)
    Thomas Almeida (146) vs Jonathan Martinez (146)

Prelims (ESPN+, 3pm CT)

Mateusz Gamrot (156) vs Guram Kutateladze (156)
    Gillian Robertson (125.5) vs Poliana Botelho (125)
    Junyong Park (185) vs John Phillips (186)
    Fares Ziam (156) vs Jamie Mullarkey (156)
    Gadzhimurad Antigulov (206) vs Maxim Grishin (205.5)
    Said Nurmagomedov (136) vs Mark Striegl (136)

Fight Odds

Tapology Event Page

• winnerchickendinner

Only really like two underdogs for this card. Heavy on Jung and Park

• NewMike

It’s pretty crazy that Ortega absorbed more strikes in his last fight than either he or Zombie have landed in their last 5 combined. I don’t think he takes around 300 again, but I think KZ lights him up and maybe gets a late finish. Or maybe he has him on the brink and tags in his interpreter to get the easy TKO.

• someclevername

KZ all the way. There’s a chance that Ortega pulls a sub out of his ass, like he has a few times before, but that would mean another Modelo commercial. Can’t have it, don’t want it. Feel if we are all on the same page here, we can will this not to happen. It takes a village.

I honestly forgot Almeida existed – this should be a good scrap.

Antigulov – not sure he’s 33 lol. Not a great gas tank and was destroyed by Paul Craig (!)*. I might, MIGHT, have to pay up, even though I’m not hyped about Grishin.

Saw this on the twitters “Gadzhimurad Antigulov’s average UFC fight time of 2 minutes 9 seconds is the shortest in UFC history for anyone with at least 5 bouts.” @NumbersMMA

*My bad, he got destroyed by Lord Michal. Still lost to Craig in like 2 minutes, which is also not great.

The return of John Phillips! Who isn’t excited about this? Should be the headline, imo.

• CityBoy410

My question what have Ortega be working on in the last 2 years. That is what gonna be interesting to me.

• someclevername

@CityBoy410 said...

My question what have Ortega be working on in the last 2 years. That is what gonna be interesting to me.

Per NewMike – recovering from the 290 SS he took in his last fight lol.

• thevogaman

@CityBoy410 said...

My question what have Ortega be working on in the last 2 years.

Fighting for his life on the streets of LA?

• thevogaman

Also, per Marcel Dorff (who everyone should follow on twitter), the Gane/Delija fight is off. I was probably going to be underweight to Gane anyways, so sucks losing the leverage.

• zpruitt3

Zombie!

• factorial89

anyone bet on bellator cards this thurs. oct. 15 chris cyborg is at -900 odds now

• someclevername

Unrelated, but Yan vs Sterling in December

• geardaddy

Surprised they didn’t find Gane another fight.

• smonger19

While I like the Korean Zombie, Ortega shaved his head before weigh-ins. Now I need to rethink my whole analysis.

• NewMike

He shaved his head?

• someclevername

Ortega reads these threads and pulled a power move, damn. He said

• NewMike

I think we can all agree hair is super important but how important are sunglasses?

• someclevername

@NewMike said...

but how important are sunglasses?

I like Almeida so I’m choosing to believe they were an impromptu fashion statement and not indicative of a tougher cut.

• someclevername

Looking at the photos from mmajunkie lol at that size difference between Grishin/Antigulov & Phillips taking a pic w/Park & Dana.

Mullarkey kinda not looking tip-top?

• smonger19

@NewMike said...

I think we can all agree hair is super important but how important are sunglasses?

I took it upon myself to do some extensive research and found that Ferguson wore sunglasses at the weigh-ins before he lost to Gaethje. Normally, I’d just stop my research there, but I also found that Herbert Burns wore sunglasses at the weigh-ins before he lost to Pineda. I’m going to stop right there and say that it is impossible for a fighter who wears sunglasses to weigh-ins to win the fight.

• smonger19

@someclevername said...

Phillips taking a pic w/Park & Dana.

Great, now we have to research the W-L record of fighters taking selfies with their opponent and Dana.

• someclevername

@smonger19 said...

I’m going to stop right there and say that it is impossible for a fighter who wears sunglasses to weigh-ins to win the fight.

• NewMike

Is Smile Killer a really good nickname or a really bad one? I made a bet on him, but not sure if he’s a good DK play even though Mullarkey seems to have had a rough weight cut.

Not really liking and dogs on this card. Silva and Bukasukas seem like the best options but there are some punt plays that should pay off if they hit their path to victory, like Philips and Antigulov. I’ll definitely have some Ortega as well, but I’m definitely on the KZ side

• someclevername

@NewMike said...

Is Smile Killer a really good nickname or a really bad one?

B-Horror movie level – possibly a crazed dentist, possibly a spirit that kills you via texts if you use too many emojis. Could be so bad it is good or could be just bad is what I’m trying to say lol. I mean, really it depends on him – an excellent performance can elevate a bad nickname, a terrible performance can sink a good one.

I’m passing on this fight, but could be sneaky – especially if Mullarkey really is compromised from a bad cut.

• someclevername

Anyone on Botelho? Robertson has shown consistent 100+ upside when she gets her grappling going…which I don’t think Botelho will be able to stop. Will be sketchy for Gillian while it’s on the feet, but I don’t see it playing out there. Maybe I’m underestimating Poliana here.

• geardaddy

@someclevername said...

Anyone on Botelho? Robertson has shown consistent 100+ upside when she gets her grappling going…which I don’t think Botelho will be able to stop. Will be sketchy for Gillian while it’s on the feet, but I don’t see it playing out there. Maybe I’m underestimating Poliana here.

there’s always a chance for an armbar from guard in wmma

• someclevername

@geardaddy said...

there’s always a chance for an armbar from guard in wmma

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).