STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, December 19th, 2020 | UFC APEX | Las Vegas, NV

Main Card (ESPN+, 6pm CT)

Stephen Thompson (170) vs Geoff Neal (171)
    José Aldo (136) vs Marlon Vera (135)
    Michel Pereira (170) vs Khaos Williams (169.5)
    Marlon Moraes (135.5) vs Rob Font (136)
    Marcin Tybura (255) vs Greg Hardy (266)

Prelims (ESPN+, 3pm CT)

Anthony Pettis (170) vs Alex Morono (170.5)
    Pannie Kianzad (135.5) vs Sijara Eubanks (136)
    Deron Winn (194.5)* vs Antônio Arroyo (194)*
    Gillian Robertson (125) vs Taila Santos (126)
    Tafon Nchukwi (186) vs Jamie Pickett (184.5)
    Jimmy Flick (125) vs Cody Durden (126)
    Christos Giagos (159.5)** vs Carlton Minus (159)**

*Winn/Arroyo at 195 pound catchweight

**Giagos/Minus at 160 pound catchweight

Fight Odds

Tapology Event Page

• thebigboy

RG Overall Ranking

Pickett my lock of the week

• osuryanf

After getting it handed to me last week I think I’m just going to blindly pick guys this week instead of researching for so many hours

• jki7p6

Awesome card. Main is one of the weaker dfs fights imo. Not touching it unless covid constrained on choices

• thevogaman

Rick Glenn out. Not a fight I was looking at, so its whatever.

The contests suck this week for such a good card.

• someclevername

There is, imo, a woeful lack of discussion about the fact there is a dude on this card whose nickname is, “The Great Drakolini”. I am playing him sight unseen. I have been pretty lackadaisical in my research for the past few months, but like the saying goes: “If it is broken, why fix it now when you can, like, fix it later?”

This is why New Year’s resolutions were invented.

• NewMike

@thebigboy said...

Pickett my lock of the week

Might be a good fight to live bet Pickett if he gets to the 2nd round

• someclevername

If Wonderboy has lost a step, he’s in trouble since he relies so much on that young man’s defense – reflexes. Neal has the power/precision to put his ass out. On the other hand, if he has NOT lost a step, he should be the superior striker and I do worry about Neal’s health issues earlier in the year – very well could put Neal’s ass out. Idk, tough fight to call for sure. I’m prob going to side w/Neal, but WB might make me look like a fool lol. Also his toughness is underrated, prob cos he’s so nice.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

If Wonderboy has lost a step, he’s in trouble since he relies so much on that young man’s defense – reflexes. Neal has the power/precision to put his ass out. On the other hand, if he has NOT lost a step, he should be the superior striker and I do worry about Neal’s health issues earlier in the year – very well could put Neal’s ass out. Idk, tough fight to call for sure. I’m prob going to side w/Neal, but WB might make me look like a fool lol. Also his toughness is underrated, prob cos he’s so nice.

Yeah, it’s actually a really good main event. My initial read was maybe fade it because of how tricky Wonder Boy can be and how many fights we have, but the more I think about it … 5 rounds is 5 rounds. If Neal gets it it’s probably by finish and Wonder Boy should probably be able to pay off $7800 in a decision win.

• smonger19

Tafon Nchukwi seems to be doing a reverse-Jake Collier. He’s gone from heavyweight to light heavyweight to this fight at middleweight in just a little over a year.

• someclevername

Hardy going to get the KO or is Tybura going to take him down and make this fight as boring as possible

• someclevername

Christos Giagos replacing Rick Glenn vs Carlton Minus per @BigMarcel24

• NewMike

I think the winner this week might have 2k+ left on the table.

Also Font is the clear chalk play this week. 7200 in what is pretty much a 50/50 fight.

• NewMike

Looks like Zahabi is out, so I will have to change none of my LUs

• someclevername

Nooooooo – The Great Drakolini was going to break the slate

• thebigboy

RG Overall Ranking

Roberson fight off now too

• osuryanf

And the cancellations begin to pile up… sigh

• thevogaman

I kind of liked Dalcha in that spot, too. I’m definitely not submitting any lineups until Saturday afternoon.

• NewMike

Did anyone see the size difference between Arroyo and Winn? He looks 2 weigh classes bigger

• jki7p6

Another card, too much circumcision. Hate myself for betting on these.

• someclevername

@NewMike said...

Did anyone see the size difference between Arroyo and Winn? He looks 2 weigh classes bigger

• NewMike

It kind of reminds me of Arnold and Devito in Twins.

• someclevername

@NewMike said...

It kind of reminds me of Arnold and Devito in Twins.

You’re right – fixed.

• thedkexperience

@someclevername said...

Exactly. This is why we need an Intercontinental Championship in every MMA division. Every person ranked 6th and below should fight for a mid card title. Let the top 5 fight it out for the big belts like they do anyway.

There seems to be an area in each weight division from 6-10 where there’s a huge step up from the lower ranked guys but now we’re wondering if Wonderboy is cooked instead of praising how he’s gonna to be a legit mid card champion for the next few years.

• thedkexperience

@someclevername said...

Hardy going to get the KO or is Tybura going to take him down and make this fight as boring as possible

This smells of a fight that everyone expects a KO and is underwhelmed when Hardy wins a split decision and tops out at 60 points.

• someclevername

I’m starting to lean Wonderboy. Yes he’s 37 and hasn’t fought in a year, but he looked great vs Luque. The older fighters that have been getting rolled lately were showing (sometimes big blinking) signs of decline prior – haven’t really seen that from WB yet.

I like Neal and he has a lot of positives going for him, but there are some flags. This is his first UFC main event, he had major health complications in August and yeah it is a massive leap from Mike Perry to Stephen Thompson. This fight going to drive me crazy then end up like Thompson vs Till lol.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).