MAIN FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, February 6th, 2021 | UFC APEX | Las Vegas, NV

Main Card (ESPN+, 7pm CT)

Main Event
    Alistair Overeem (255.5) vs Alexander Volkov (264)

Co-Main Event
    Cory Sandhagen (135.5) vs Frankie Edgar (135.5)

Michael Johnson (154.5) vs Clay Guida (155)
    Alexandre Pantoja (125.5) vs Manel Kape (125.5)
    Diego Ferreira (155) vs Beneil Dariush (156)
    Mike Rodriguez (205) vs Danilo Marques (205)

Prelims (ESPN+, 4pm CT)

Devonte Smith (159.5)* vs Justin Jaynes (159)*
    Karol Rosa (135) vs Joselyne Edwards (135)
    Molly McCann (126) vs Lara Procópio (125.5)
    Seung Woo Choi (145.5) vs Youssef Zalal (146)
    Timur Valiev (145.5) vs Martin Day (146)
    Ode Osbourne (143.5) vs Jerome Rivera (145)

*Smith/Jaynes at 160 pound catchweight

Stamann/Askar CANCELLED

Fight Odds

Tapology FightCenter

• someclevername

Looks like DK still needs to add:

Devonte Smith vs Justin Jaynes
    Karol Rosa vs Joselyne Edwards
    Timur Valiev vs Martin Day
    Ode Osbourne vs Denys Bondar

*Well, that didn’t take long. Ewell OUT

• NewMike

@someclevername said...

*Well, that didn’t take long. Ewell OUT

He’s being replaced by Askar Askar

• thevogaman

If this card stays in tact as it is today, I think all 3 women that win are in the optimal.

• jki7p6

@thevogaman said...

If this card stays in tact as it is today, I think all 3 women that win are in the optimal.

Really looking forward to two of the women fights (not Reneau/Macy). Standouts on this card imo.

• thebigboy

RG Overall Ranking

@thevogaman said...

Agreed, I love the women this weekend. Ladies are always underowned in DFS and I think the two who win are gonna score over 100.

• thebigboy

RG Overall Ranking

Anybody got a good read on the Pantoja-Kape fight? Feels like Pantoja should sub him early but I could be wrong.

• NewMike

@thebigboy said...

Anybody got a good read on the Pantoja-Kape fight? Feels like Pantoja should sub him early but I could be wrong.

I like Pantoja here, but it’s probably a good fight to target in general, just in case Kape catches him. It’s doubtful but possible. But Vegas agrees with Pantoja by sub.

How crazy is it to have a good chunk of Frankie? He’s got good wrestling and Sandhagen doesn’t have good TDD and you can get him at a great price. That +350 line is looking really enticing as well.

• thebigboy

RG Overall Ranking

@NewMike said...

I like Pantoja here, but it’s probably a good fight to target in general, just in case Kape catches him. It’s doubtful but possible. But Vegas agrees with Pantoja by sub.

How crazy is it to have a good chunk of Frankie? He’s got good wrestling and Sandhagen doesn’t have good TDD and you can get him at a great price. That +350 line is looking really enticing as well.

Not gonna lie I’m almost 80% Frankie. His value is insane and opens up so much salary. I think this fight should honestly be a pick em and I see Frankie getting 5+ takedowns and grinding out a decision. I’m a Frankie homer though (if that weren’t obvious).

• joephoto

So is Osbourne now the “free square” on DK at 7800 ?

• CityBoy410

What contests do y’all usually play for MMA?

• thevogaman

@CityBoy410 said...

I’ve been playing whatever the $15-$20 GPP is (usually the Throwdown) for 20 lineups, the $3 20 max, and then the mini-Max for like 60-100 entries.

And lately, I’ve been setting up what exposure I want for each fighter and then building 20 lineups by hand at a time and then just repeating and spreading my exposure so I don’t end up with too many (example) Overeem/McCann and Volkov/Procopio combos and not enough Overeem/Procopio and Volkov/McCann lineups. Kind of tedious, but I like building lineups on the app with my phone, and then charting it manually in Excel and on the Draftkings website to look at my lineups.

Also, I might be insane.

• CityBoy410

@thevogaman said...

I’ve been playing whatever the $15-$20 GPP is (usually the Throwdown) for 20 lineups, the $3 20 max, and then the mini-Max for like 60-100 entries.

And lately, I’ve been setting up what exposure I want for each fighter and then building 20 lineups by hand at a time and then just repeating and spreading my exposure so I don’t end up with too many (example) Overeem/McCann and Volkov/Procopio combos and not enough Overeem/Procopio and Volkov/McCann lineups. Kind of tedious, but I like building lineups on the app with my phone, and then charting it manually in Excel and on the Draftkings website to look at my lineups.

Also, I might be insane.

Yeah I play pretty much the same contests, mostly the Throw downs but I will start playing those $3.00 20 Max to. Probably just play several line ups in the throw down this week because I got a lot going on for the Super Bowl which I feel pretty good about.

• BigDaddy123

@CityBoy410 said...

I usually put 1 lineup in every single entry tourn up to the $40 one (sometimes the $100 single entry), then i put that same lineup in the main event, the $5 multi entry and the $8 multi entry big ones. One Lineup, ALL the MONEY$$$$$$$$$$

• NewMike

Reneau/Chiasson has been moved to the 27th, Reneau has COVID

• thevogaman

@joephoto said...

So is Osbourne now the “free square” on DK at 7800 ?

To me he’s a free square in cash, but not in GPP. I’ll have 35% (and 15% Rivera). There’s a lot of fights, we’re back in the small cage, could be a lot of finishes, etc. etc.

• thevogaman

Some random thoughts before I go to bed:

I think people will sleep on Marques here against Mike Rodriguez. His strength is Rodriguez’s weakness. If he’s going to come in at 15% (or lower) owned and he’s got a 30% chance of winning (based on the odds) … I’ll get in on some of that.

Karol Rosa is going to be chalk (and for good reason), but man, Edwards is live here. She’s really aggressive on the feet and she finds ways to get on top when it goes to the ground. I think you need really heavy exposure to both sides of both women’s fights and go from there. In fact, I think the winner of Rosa/Edwards scores higher than the winner of the main event.

• someclevername

If there is a free square on this card it is Michael “Mr. Dependable” Johnson. Life savings on his moneyline. He’s never let me down.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

I think people will sleep on Marques here against Mike Rodriguez.

I’m on Marques here also – can’t trust Rodriguez on the ground.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

If there is a free square on this card it is Michael “Mr. Dependable” Johnson. Life savings on his moneyline. He’s never let me down.

I wish they sanctioned one round fights. He’d be the GOAT right now.

• thedkexperience

I got like 900 left on the table and I’m ok with it. I think we have upsets in the main and co-main.

• thedkexperience

@thebigboy said...

When going through my standard look through the stats I read it as a legit top 10 guy in a stacked division facing a guy who we don’t even know for sure is on the UFC level, let alone the top 10 UFC level. I think Pantoja handles him and moves on to higher profile fights.

• thedkexperience

@NewMike said...

Exactly. Plus he’s also the toughest guy my age from South Jersey. With all the random fist fights I was in growing up I’m thrilled that I never decided to mix it up with Frankie Edgar randomly at the Jersey Shore or something.

• thedkexperience

@CityBoy410 said...

Single entry, shoot for 6-0 and let the fight gods sort it out.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

I wish they sanctioned one round fights. He’d be the GOAT right now.

MJ & Sara McMann in every lineup.

After his fight w/Moises I said never again – going to be salty if he comes out here and KO’s Guida in the first or something lol.

• thevogaman

I like that Fanduel just not gonna put in Rosa/Edwards or Martin Day.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).