STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, February 20th, 2021 | UFC APEX | Las Vegas, NV

Main Card (ESPN+, 7pm CT)

Main Event
    Curtis Blaydes (259) vs Derrick Lewis (263)

Co-Main Event
    Ketlen Vieira (138)* vs Yana Kunitskaya (135.5)

Charles Rosa (146) vs Darrick Minner (146)
    Aleksei Oleinik (240) vs Chris Daukaus (234)
    Phillip Hawes (185) vs Nassourdine Imavov (185.5)
    Andrei Arlovski (249.5) vs Tom Aspinall (244.5)

Prelims (ESPN+, 4pm CT)

Jared Gordon (150)** vs Danny Chavez (145)
    Eddie Wineland (135.5) vs John Castañeda (136)
    Nate Landwehr (146) vs Julian Erosa (145.5)
    Shana Dobson (126) vs Casey O’Neill (125.5)
    Aiemann Zahabi (136) vs Drako Rodriguez (140.5)***
    Serghei Spivac (245) vs Jared Vanderaa (265)

Klose/Pena CANCELLED

Skelly/Emmers CANCELLED

*Vieira missed the Women’s Bantamweight limit by 2 pounds and will be fined 20% of her purse

**Gordon missed the Featherweight limit by 4 pounds and will be fined 30% of his purse

***Rodriguez missed the Bantamweight limit by 4.5 pounds and will be fined 30% of his purse

Fight Odds

Tapology FightCenter

• someclevername

Looks like Rafael Alves vs Pat Sabatini will be added.

Black Beast Flying Armbar Round 1 and then get him on the mic immediately.

• thevogaman

This card is hard… the pay-ups seem obvious, but there’s so many dogs to choose from.

Going to be a lot of luck involved here even if you’re max entering. Hoping for a favorite to drop out and give us a free square.

• jki7p6

First card in a while im keying in on underdogs. So many live fights on a weak card. Atm Skelly, Ezekiel Olly, Flash Gordon stick out. Need to research more to talk myself out of those.
    Hell im not entirely opposed to half-tank Wineland here.

• joephoto

@thevogaman said...

give us a free square.

A couple of “free squares” would be fantastic.

• thedkexperience

The main event is 100% what I love about MMA. I don’t care what anyone says. There’s nothing like a slobberknocker!

• factorial89

wow 15 matches.there has to be some live dogs here.

• thevogaman

@jki7p6 said...

Atm Skelly, Ezekiel Olly, Flash Gordon stick out. Need to research more to talk myself out of those.
    Hell im not entirely opposed to half-tank Wineland here.

Yeah, I agree there’s a path for Oleinik, but I think it’s very narrow. Like 1 in 20. I think Daukaus knocks him out very quickly… within 30 seconds.

I’m kind of feeling Kunitskaya. If she’s strong enough… maybe she can wall and stall her way to a decision.

• factorial89

old man arlovski looks ok at plus 210. he has only been knocked out once in the last 4 yrs. vs. some real punchers.

• thedkexperience

I’m getting dangerously close to backing Lewis in the main event.

• thedkexperience

Not to derail this one post a day freight train but I wanted to survey the team.

If they both had a full camp and fought at 135 pounds in a 5 round main event what would be the betting line for Henry Cejudo vs Amanda Nunes?

I think Cejudo is -495 but I’d be willing to gamble on Nunes for like 6500 on DK.

• jki7p6

@thevogaman said...

Yeah, I agree there’s a path for Oleinik, but I think it’s very narrow. Like 1 in 20. I think Daukaus knocks him out very quickly… within 30 seconds.

Chris talking about not being afraid of being on the ground and in the Boa’s guard. I know you have a jits black belt from a legit Gracie team in Balance, but keep it standing my man. Thats a whole different you want to toy with?

• jki7p6

@thedkexperience said...

Not to derail this one post a day freight train but I wanted to survey the team.

If they both had a full camp and fought at 135 pounds in a 5 round main event what would be the betting line for Henry Cejudo vs Amanda Nunes?

I think Cejudo is -495 but I’d be willing to gamble on Nunes for like 6500 on DK.

Somebody really needs the action :)

Im still waiting on Ronda vs Mayweather.

• thevogaman

@thedkexperience said...

I could see a stack on DK, but the line would be more like -2495. How could Nunes win? There’s just no path.

• thedkexperience

@thevogaman said...

I could see a stack on DK, but the line would be more like -2495. How could Nunes win? There’s just no path.

At -2495 I’m taking Nunes and just hoping that Cejudo pulls a hammy while touching gloves.

• smonger19

Weight misses:
    Ketlen Vieira – 2.0 pounds over
    Jared Gordon – 4.0 pounds over
    Drako Rodriguez – 4.5 pounds over
    Rafael Alves – 11.5 pounds over

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021/02/ufc-fight-night-185-rafael-alves-all-time-weight-miss

Alves-Sabatini off, but at least Alves set a new record.

• thevogaman

@smonger19 said...

Rafael Alves – 11.5 pounds over

• jki7p6

Impressive.
    edit: misinfo

• thevogaman

I’m glad to lose a fight, but I’m still going to be spreading myself too thin with all of these fights. Tough decisions of what to fade. I think I’m X’ing out Zahabi, Dobson, and Vieira to start. Got Nate the Train, Daukaus, and Blaydes as my core so far.

• someclevername

Lost electricity, water & internet and somehow I’m still having a better week than Rafael Alves. How in the hell do you miss the Lightweight limit when your fight is at Featherweight???

I’m back though, bitches! Electricity steady since last night, water (kind of, low pressure & have to boil) and today internet whooooooo. Feels like what I imagine a lottery win feels like lol. HEB is apocalyptic, but they had (in order of importance) cat food, dog food & beer – WE WILL SURVIVE

Any fellow rotogrinders in Texas – hope you’re doing well, staying warm & good news, I think the worst is behind us!

Sorry for the politics, but a little pissed. I don’t mean this as a partisan statement at all, I mean this as a human decency statement – F you Ted Cruz.

• someclevername

@jki7p6 said...

Im still waiting on Ronda vs Mayweather.

Pick ‘em

• smonger19

@someclevername said...

I’m back though, bitches! Electricity steady since last night, water (kind of, low pressure & have to boil) and today internet whooooooo. Feels like what I imagine a lottery win feels like lol. HEB is apocalyptic, but they had (in order of importance) cat food, dog food & beer – WE WILL SURVIVE

Glad to see you’re doing OK. I have a feeling the electric company was working hard to get you back up because they knew the RG UFC community would be at a loss without you.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

HEB is apocalyptic, but they had (in order of importance) cat food, dog food & beer – WE WILL SURVIVE

I had to google HEB. So are you going to eat the cat food or the dog food tomorrow to celebrate your win?

• someclevername

@smonger19 said...

Glad to see you’re doing OK. I have a feeling the electric company was working hard to get you back up because they knew the RG UFC community would be at a loss without you.

All you had to say is that you love me and can’t live without me…LOL – I’m kiddin’ and thanks man. I appreciate it. It’s been rough, not going to lie. My niece has 3 little ones – they lost water on Monday and it’s still out! A lot of people need help, it’s insane. I’m in south Texas, never thought we’d be in a freeze! It is what it is though. Gotta figure out who the hell I’m picking for tomorrow.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

I had to google HEB. So are you going to eat the cat food or the dog food tomorrow to celebrate your win?

If I take down a GPP tomorrow I will absolutely eat some cat or dog food. Probably not going to happen though – HEB is like yinz lol it’s a local thing.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

If I take down a GPP tomorrow I will absolutely eat some cat or dog food. Probably not going to happen though – HEB is like yinz lol it’s a local thing.

I’m hoping to take down 5 figures tomorrow and I’m willing to chow down on some cat food if I hit.

And hopefully Texas gets back to doing Texas things and everything back to normal now.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).