STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, February 20th, 2021 | UFC APEX | Las Vegas, NV

Main Card (ESPN+, 7pm CT)

Main Event
    Curtis Blaydes (259) vs Derrick Lewis (263)

Co-Main Event
    Ketlen Vieira (138)* vs Yana Kunitskaya (135.5)

Charles Rosa (146) vs Darrick Minner (146)
    Aleksei Oleinik (240) vs Chris Daukaus (234)
    Phillip Hawes (185) vs Nassourdine Imavov (185.5)
    Andrei Arlovski (249.5) vs Tom Aspinall (244.5)

Prelims (ESPN+, 4pm CT)

Jared Gordon (150)** vs Danny Chavez (145)
    Eddie Wineland (135.5) vs John Castañeda (136)
    Nate Landwehr (146) vs Julian Erosa (145.5)
    Shana Dobson (126) vs Casey O’Neill (125.5)
    Aiemann Zahabi (136) vs Drako Rodriguez (140.5)***
    Serghei Spivac (245) vs Jared Vanderaa (265)

Klose/Pena CANCELLED

Skelly/Emmers CANCELLED

*Vieira missed the Women’s Bantamweight limit by 2 pounds and will be fined 20% of her purse

**Gordon missed the Featherweight limit by 4 pounds and will be fined 30% of his purse

***Rodriguez missed the Bantamweight limit by 4.5 pounds and will be fined 30% of his purse

Fight Odds

Tapology FightCenter

• jki7p6

They already had that response generated? Ugh

• Roma315

@Unico10 said...

Only way to “prevent these situations” is to stop playing MMA

Or allow late swap

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

26% of the field gets a zero
    23% gets 8 from Vanderaa
    6% gets 4.8 from Rodriguez

Guess if one gets 5 W will still cash with a zero but it sucks to have the night cut short for this

• iron_tactics

@jki7p6 said...

Nah, easily templated.

For adlibs:

We are committed to providing our players with the most up-to-date information that affects our Daily Fantasy contests. On occasion, situations may arise that are outside of DraftKings’ or our user’s control. While it is disappointing that in tonight’s ___(Sport) slate that the ___________(Event) was canceled after contest lock, we understand that under the circumstances there was no chance for you to make an adjustment to your lineup.

Late scratches are an inherent risk of Daily Fantasy Sports due to the dynamic nature of the game. Because of this, we are not offering reimbursements.

We know that this is not the experience you were hoping for, and we will continually work to improve our product to help prevent these situations moving forward.

• smonger19

Well, that was a dominating debut for O’Neill….

But what shouldn’t get lost is that Dobson staved off the first two takedowns of her career. Her takedown defense is now at 14%.

• thevogaman

4 of my O’Neill lineups have Skelly.

• Roma315

5 LU’s
    O’Neill
    Spivac
    Emmers or Skelly 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@jki7p6 said...

Responded immediately

It doesn’t make sense because this isn’t like a player being late scratched from a team, but all other players in the game get points
    This is equivalent to a game being canceled and should be treated in the same way

In TEN at least they changed the format and give a minimum amount of points in case the opponent WD before playing and the winner walks on… in this case nobody gets points so it taints the contest

I got hit before. A while ago. Decided to give it another try but unless they change things I am done with MMA

• jki7p6

@Roma315 said...

Or allow late swap

Wouldnt have even worked with this

• zombiekopitar

@Unico10 said...

This is equivalent to a game being canceled and should be treated in the same way

No it’s halfway between that and a player being announced out after lock. They weren;t in my SE lineup tonight, but Draymond was a couple nights ago. I knew I was SOL and that’s pretty much that. Allowing fantasy players to alter lineups in situations like this isn’t sporting to the rest of the field. It’s simply a luck aspect to the game we play

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

I’ve heard a lot of sharp people on Dobson, but I don’t get it and I don’t think she should be anywhere near +140 here. She can’t wrestle and as long as O’Neill doesn’t get subbed from guard or gas out in the first minute, it seems like a lock to me.

• thevogaman

It’s a tough break to lose that fight after lock, but it’s pretty rare… and everybody lost it… so it is what it is.

It’s still not as tilting as having both sides of Stephens/Rodriguez to go for 1st place and getting an eyepoke NC in the first 30 seconds.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@zombiekopitar said...

No it’s halfway between that and a player being announced out after lock. They weren;t in my SE lineup tonight, but Draymond was a couple nights ago. I knew I was SOL and that’s pretty much that. Allowing fantasy players to alter lineups in situations like this isn’t sporting to the rest of the field. It’s simply a luck aspect to the game we play

I agree that they shouldn’t allow lineups to be altered. Never said anything about that

Talking about treating this the same way they treated NBA and MLB contest when a game was canceled after lock.
    If you don’t cash they refund you
    Simple as that and they should do it for MMA too

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

• jki7p6

@zombiekopitar said...

They weren;t in my SE lineup tonight, but Draymond was a couple nights ago

Wasnt Dray questionable most of the day though and has been running that way lately? This was out of nowhere (apparently he had back spasms during camp and only ones who knew that were insiders and those with insiders).
    More equivalent to condensation on the bball floor when nobody expects a rainout.

• BretFavr

They mentioned that this is the first time that one fighter has made it to the Octagon when the other didn’t. My question is what is the cut off? If Emmers got to the cutman and started to get Vaseline put on his face then decided he couldn’t fight, is that still a cancellation, or a DQ win? If he gets to the introduction in the cage and then walks out, is that still a cancellation? If fighters get points and win bonuses for absolute screw-ups by refs, but this situation is a zero for Chaz Kelly, that is a pretty dicey line of reasoning.

• someclevername

@BretFavr said...

They mentioned that this is the first time that one fighter has made it to the Octagon when the other didn’t.

Trevin Giles fainted backstage and screwed all of us Kevin Holland owners. Feel like Breese might have had a fight he didn’t make it to the cage for but not sure on that one.

• someclevername

JUICY J COMINFOR THAT BELT

• thevogaman

Ok…. that’s a bad stoppage.

• geardaddy

@thevogaman said...

agreed. he was dropped but he didn’t look out at all. and knowing nate he would have recovered

• someclevername

Was that under a minute?

• thevogaman

@geardaddy said...

agreed. he was dropped but he didn’t look out at all. and knowing nate he would have recovered

It’s not like the ground and pound of Juicy J is that devastating either. Is what it is though.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

That wasn’t Tognoni was it

• zombiekopitar

@Unico10 said...

I agree that they shouldn’t allow lineups to be altered. Never said anything about that

Talking about treating this the same way they treated NBA and MLB contest when a game was canceled after lock.
    If you don’t cash they refund you
    Simple as that and they should do it for MMA too

Someone else was mentioning changing lineups. It’s just obviously not possible because fight time starts are fluid and you cant have any leverage, so was just saying

It reminds me of the chalk Derek Rose late scratch to me just as much as a cancelled game, I see merits in what you’re saying but get where they’re coming from too

@jki7p6 no he was probable and projected in the starting lineup, like 35% owned in showdown

And that was a bad stoppage IMO

• BretFavr

@someclevername said...

Trevin Giles fainted backstage and screwed all of us Kevin Holland owners. Feel like Breese might have had a fight he didn’t make it to the cage for but not sure on that one.

I definitely had some Holland that night as well. I’m just quoting the broadcast – Lauren Sanko just said this was different even from that situation. Brutal stuff either way I feel bad for the people who spend serious money on this now. No more for me, I’d rather piss my money away on more Gamestop shares.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).