STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, May 22nd, 2021 | UFC APEX | Las Vegas, NV

Main Card (ESPN+, 6pm CT)

Main Event
    Rob Font (136) vs Cody Garbrandt (135.5)

Co-Main Event
    Yan Xiaonan (116) vs Carla Esparza (116)

Justin Tafa (265.5) vs Jared Vanderaa (264)
    Felicia Spencer (145) vs Norma Dumont (146)
    Bill Algeo (145.5) vs Ricardo Ramos (146)
    Jack Hermansson (186) vs Edmen Shahbazyan (185)

Prelims (ESPN+, 3pm CT)

Ben Rothwell (265.5) vs Chris Barnett (263)
    Claudio Silva (169.5) vs Court McGee (170.5)
    Victor Rodriguez (125.5) vs Bruno Silva (125.5)
    Josh Culibao (146) vs Nuerdanbieke Shayilan (146)
    David Dvořák (126) vs Juancamilo Ronderos (128.5)*
    Damir Ismagulov (155.5) vs Rafael Alves (154.5)

*Ronderos missed the flyweight limits by 2.5 pounds and will be fined 20% of his purse

Medeiros/Hadžović OFF

Fight Odds

Tapology Fightcenter

• someclevername

Quick initial thoughts:

ME obviously – so cheap. Don’t really hate Cody here, but his tendency to get emotional and go full banger is not great cos his chin can’t hold up.

Give me Felicia Spencer (1st round sub upside) for $8700 and Cookie Monster, who will be spamming tds all fight, for $7600.

Dvořák/Paiva pass – seems like a low scoring striking affair.

Silva/McGee – really? We have to do this?

Was leaning Edmen last week before the fight got moved – maybe. Idk, maybe. Brunson really exposed some gaping holes in his game, but a 1st round KO is always in play.

Rodriguez is not good, but $9300 for Silva is a bit rich.

Rothwell/Barnett should be good for a few laughs.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Quick initial thoughts:

I think we’re in 100% agreement.

I feel like I had some great lineups but being underweight to Muniz sank me last week. I had a couple good 6 win lineups that didn’t even crack the top 100 (plus the optimal with Grundy instead of Muniz), so I was very close. Plus, I called out Wright and Barboza being mispriced and both were on the optimal.

This week I’m “locking in” Edmen & Algeo. Rothwell, too… Chris Barnett is a 5’9” fat (basically a) jobber.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

Barboza

I’m glad him and Burgos got FOTN – they deserved every penny. Should have been more, but at least they snagged it when bonuses were upped.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

I’m glad him and Burgos got FOTN – they deserved every penny. Should have been more, but at least they snagged it when bonuses were upped.

I thought Burgos was going to take over and get Barboza out of there late… like he seemed legit unbreakable out there. But it really was pretty damn similar to the Hooker fight.

• joephoto

Sorry but I have to resolve last weeks big contest of mine before moving on.
    Chandler wins last fight I’m T1 for 52K. Lost and I’m T5 for 6K. Chandler was looking pretty good for awhile.
    I’m OK with that of course since it started in November with a 10 cent Knockout satellite and my Finals lineup only went 3-3.
    Giagos-Lee-Dariush Win
    Mazany-Burgos-Chandler Lose.
    Thanks for all the cheering ons. Credit cards are paid and put bunch of it into Crypto.
    I’m ready to move on now.

• someclevername

@joephoto said...

T5 for 6K

10 cents into 6k is ok I guess… lol I’m kidding that is amazing – hell of a run! I managed to turn $30 into $0 on Sunday w/NASCAR so I’m really proud of that. Also came extremely close to finishing dead last in the golf Happy Meal (98/100). I’m roaring into this week on a real heater!

• thevogaman

@joephoto said...

Thanks for all the cheering ons. Credit cards are paid and put bunch of it into Crypto.

And then crypto nose dives this week. It’ll get back to where it was though.

• joephoto

@thevogaman said...

And then crypto nose dives this week. It’ll get back to where it was though.

Using Coinbase Pro for crypto transactions.
    I got a system- “buy low-sell high”.

• CityBoy410

@someclevername said...

10 cents into 6k is ok I guess… lol I’m kidding that is amazing – hell of a run! I managed to turn $30 into $0 on Sunday w/NASCAR so I’m really proud of that. Also came extremely close to finishing dead last in the golf Happy Meal (98/100). I’m roaring into this week on a real heater!

• someclevername

@CityBoy410 said...

I appreciate you for appreciating me – feel like that’s something he’d say. Not mma related , but my favorite thing about him is how he talked ample amounts of shit about how nothing would stop him, f the haters, etc and then he quit on like the second chicken wing on Hot Ones LOL

Ohhh, I had to watch that episode again – favorite quote “For all of my fans, I promise you if I stop, doesn’t mean I gave up” lol my favorite episode ever. Please, I implore you lol, if you’ve never seen Hot Ones and have no idea what I’m talking about, please look up DJ Khaled Hot Ones it is so worth it.

• thevogaman

I notice “Yilan Sha” is now “Nuerdanbieke Shayilan.” Can’t remember how the midweek name change has worked exactly.

Conejo broke the slate with a headlock takedown, but then Ansaroff-Nunes got tapped with 10 seconds to go in the first. If it alternates, then Shayilan should score 100+ against a guy we thought was a jobber before he got a draw against Air Jourdain. Recency bias? Also his nickname is “Wolverine,” which I think is a strong one.

I’m probably way off, but I’m not getting the Bruno Silva love. This feels like recency bias, too. I don’t get it as a bet at -385; for DFS he’s going to be highly-owned at $9300. I’ll go to Rothwell or Tafa in that price range.

• someclevername

Also, sorry lol, I know it was a gif in jest, but whenever I see DJ Khaled I always think of his appearance on Hot Ones. And…doesn’t seem like many really care about this card so…

DJ Khaled Hot Ones

Prob my favorite episode (for all 0 people that asked) Kristen Bell Hot Ones

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

I’m probably way off, but I’m not getting the Bruno Silva love. This feels like recency bias, too. I don’t get it as a bet at -385; for DFS he’s going to be highly-owned at $9300. I’ll go to Rothwell or Tafa in that price range.

I was thinking Silva was too expensive too and then ended up w/him in my build. I have Rothwell too, but kind of want to pass on Tafa. I know that could be a big score, but ugh Tafa & Vanderaa? Idk. Is JP Buys better, worse or same as Rodriguez?

*Yeah, DK related. I would never bet him at -385. Think he wins, but that’s not a number I would be betting on Silva.

• CityBoy410

@someclevername said...

I appreciate you for appreciating me – feel like that’s something he’d say. Not mma related , but my favorite thing about him is how he talked ample amounts of shit about how nothing would stop him, f the haters, etc and then he quit on like the second chicken wing on Hot Ones LOL

Ohhh, I had to watch that episode again – favorite quote “For all of my fans, I promise you if I stop, doesn’t mean I gave up” lol my favorite episode ever. Please, I implore you lol, if you’ve never seen Hot Ones and have no idea what I’m talking about, please look up DJ Khaled Hot Ones it is so worth it.

I’ve seen all the Hot one episodes, even the pandemic ones. Lol Yeah I remember that episode.

• someclevername

@CityBoy410 said...

I’ve seen all the Hot one episodes, even the pandemic ones. Lol Yeah I remember that episode.

*Second wing kicked his ass lol smh

• thevogaman

Per @BigMarcel24, Dvorak now fighting some can and is now chalk.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

Per @BigMarcel24, Dvorak now fighting some can and is now chalk.

Great!

• smonger19

I’m glad to see that everyone is as excited about this card as I am. After taking an initial look, I just couldn’t get into it. I kept saying, tomorrow I’ll do a little research, then it went to the next day and the next day. Now I’m down to telling myself “I’ll just do one lineup.” The good thing is that if there is a late scratch, I won’t have to change it in multiple lineups.

I’m sure once the fights start, I’ll be entertained, but I just couldn’t get into this one.

• someclevername

Medeiros/Hadžović OFF per @DamonMartin

• smonger19

@someclevername said...

Medeiros/Hadžović OFF per @DamonMartin

Thanks. My lineup would have had Medeiros. No scrambling now.

• someclevername

@smonger19 said...

No scrambling now.

Hopefully lol

• CityBoy410

So far so good on the rest of the card?

• someclevername

@CityBoy410 said...

So far so good on the rest of the card?

Haven’t seen anything else (hope, hope)

GL everyone

• iron_tactics

I have a ton of Nuerdanbieke because I read it as nerd on bike and that means he has the power of Klingons. New strategy this week. Watch tape, then give 0 flying ducks while I just make wonky lineups

• smonger19

Holy Chalk!!!

I have the six highest owned fighters in my contest. (Font/Dvorak/B Silva/Esparza/Edmen/Felicia).

And I see Joe and I are among 5 with that lineup. Would be very happy to end in a first place tie.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).