STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, September 4th, 2021 | UFC APEX | Las Vegas, NV

Main Card (ESPN+, 3pm CT)

Main Event
    Derek Brunson (186) vs Darren Till (185.5)

Co-Main Event
    Tom Aspinall (247) vs Serghei Spivac (238.5)

David Zawada (170.5) vs Alex Morono (170.5)
    Khalil Rountree Jr. (205.5) vs Modestas Bukauskas (205)
    Luigi Vendramini (155.5) vs Paddy Pimblett (155.5)

Prelims (ESPN+, 1pm CT)

Ji Yeon Kim (126) vs Molly McCann (125.5)
    Jack Shore (136) vs Liudvik Sholinian (135.5)
    Charles Jourdain (149.5)* vs Julian Erosa (149.5)*
    Dalcha Lungiambula (185) vs Marc-André Barriault (184.5)

*Jourdain/Erosa at 150 pound catchweight

Martinez/Rojo cancelled

Fight Odds

Tapology Fightcenter

• thevogaman

If you look back at the last few cards, I’ve been spitting some gold with my early reads. I had Alhassan last week, Parker Porter should be the favorite over Chase Sherman a couple weeks ago, and then had Gatto (plus Luque by d’arce) on the PPV card. For this one though, I got nothing. Maybe Barriault by 3rd rd. TKO? If anybody has any good leans I’d love to hear, otherwise I’m probably going to (mostly) fade this card. I think I’d rather save bankroll for NFL.

• jki7p6

Jack Shore is a beast. His legwork in transitions are khabiblike – they are always positioning for the next move. Rest of his game is his own, and i think hes champion material. Im starting there and not thinking hard about it.

• factorial89

after last week when muradov at odds of -700 with some books got beat now everybody on the card is in play for me.

• jki7p6

@factorial89 said...

after last week when muradov at odds of -700 with some books got beat now everybody on the card is in play for me.

That was a bad line. Muradov has a bad reset flaw and was matched up with the wrong opponent. Sholinian does the same thing from what ive seen but base defends better.

• someclevername

@jki7p6 said...

That was a bad line. Muradov has a bad reset flaw and was matched up with the wrong opponent.

Props – don’t think anyone else mentioned playing GM3 & I believe you brought him up early in the thread. Good call, I should have listened!

• someclevername

Am I just a Meatball homer or is she a sure shot here? Wtf has Ji Yeon Kim ever done to instill any confidence? Feel like this is a spot McCann can – haha – put up 100+.

• someclevername

Also absolutely playing Jourdain, so get him out of your lineups.

• jki7p6

@someclevername said...

Am I just a Meatball homer or is she a sure shot here?

I was thinking of mentioning her in my Shore post. Ceiling potential is high here imo

• Mccurds13

I’m also going to be heavy on Shore, if not 100%, and just hope to figure out the rest.

• CityBoy410

@someclevername said...

Am I just a Meatball homer or is she a sure shot here? Wtf has Ji Yeon Kim ever done to instill any confidence? Feel like this is a spot McCann can – haha – put up 100+.

I’m a big meatball fan myself and her potential to score good in this fight is high but I might have some Kim because of her 10 inch reach advantage.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Meatball’s weird. She can’t stop a takedown to save her life, but her opponents usually can’t either so she catches them off balance and steals the close rounds. Personally I can’t stand her, but this seems like a matchup where she does get the takedowns. I’ll take the under on 100 fantasy points though. Seems like a split decision where the wrong person gets the nod for sure.

• someclevername

@CityBoy410 said...

but I might have some Kim because of her 10 inch reach advantage.

Hopefully Kim trains w/Bea Malecki.

I shouldn’t say “sure shot” – no such thing (especially in these lower level fights). I just don’t remember Kim being particularly skilled. Meatball is usually at a size disadvantage & her tenacity carries her through. It’s when she’s at a size & skill disadvantage that she’s in trouble. Feel better about Kim not even attempting a td in the UFC. Hoping Molly’s plan is to close the distance, negate the reach & land her own. Get a few tds, control time, some strikes – a good score in a win for $8k.

Although I believe I picked every fight wrong last week so if Kim comes out here and lands a head kick KO on her can’t say I’ll be completely shocked lol.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

I’ll take the under on 100 fantasy points though.

Let me dream lol

• someclevername

Julian Erosa plans to wrestle Charles Jourdain…

Nooo, you’re supposed to stand there not moving your head with your hands down! Have to rethink playing Jourdain now cos unless he’s upped his tdd this is a viable path for Juicy J.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Julian Erosa plans to wrestle Charles Jourdain…

Nooo, you’re supposed to stand there not moving your head with your hands down! Have to rethink playing Jourdain now cos unless he’s upped his tdd this is a viable path for Juicy J.

Yeah, I still think Jourdain is the side but maybe the catchweight helps with Erosa’s durability a bit, too.

I was really high on Rojo against Jourdain (and that failed pretty hard for me), but I’m going back to the well against Martinez. He’s the better grappler and should be winning minutes with volume and aggression as long as he can keep up the pace. Edit: And also Rojo was up a weight class against Jourdain.

Also, worth noting this card starts early so get your lineups reserved tonight.

• CityBoy410

Who should I pick. Derek “crash Bandicoot” Brunson or Darren “200 feints, 1 jab” Till?

• someclevername

@CityBoy410 said...

Who should I pick. Derek “crash Bandicoot” Brunson or Darren “200 feints, 1 jab” Till?

I’m taking the savings w/Brunson. I already played and had to watch Sam Alvey (predictably) do jack for 3 rounds, I refuse to pay $8800 to watch Till do jack for 5. Unless he’s done a complete about-face w/his style, there is just no way he is paying that off w/o a ko. Absolutely could happen, but give me the cheaper guy who will have more volume and will be attempting tds.

• BigDaddy326

Rojo/martinez canceled. Rojo was gonna be my sneaky under the radar play.

Now how the fook do you get unique with 9 fights? Fade shore and aspinall?

• thevogaman

@BigDaddy326 said...

Rojo/martinez canceled. Rojo was gonna be my sneaky under the radar play.

Now how the fook do you get unique with 9 fights? Fade shore and aspinall?

Yep, Rojo was my 3rd highest exposure behind Aspinall & Shore. The slate is unplayable at this point. I’ll stick to the Late Slate and only plating for Achievements for this.

• CityBoy410

I might have to take the 6 lineups I have and decide whether to go all Brunson or all Till since this card is weak. (By weak, I mean from a fantasy standpoint)

• factorial89

my weekly reach dog parlay-brunson at plus 152 with spivak at plus 225 and erosa at plus 152.ya never know.

• joephoto

ARE WE READY TO RUMBLE !

• smonger19

I don’t think DK ‘s purpose in moving the start time back 30 minutes after the Martinez-Rojo cancellation is to let them fill more contests….I think they are toying with me to make me second guess my going all-in on Brunson.

Originally thought I’d have a good amount of Brunson and no Till (Till could get a 5 round win and still not break 90 points) and some lineups without the main event. Now just watch Till get the finish in the first minute.

• smonger19

@someclevername said...

I’m totally blaming you if McCann costs me the one lineup I put her in. On the plus side, I have no Kim.

• smonger19

@someclevername said...

Also absolutely playing Jourdain, so get him out of your lineups.

Got him in 5 of 8…took Juicy J in 2 of my other 3.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).