MMA FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, October 16th, 2021 | UFC APEX | Las Vegas, NV

Main Card (ESPN+, 6pm CT)

Main Event
    Aspen Ladd (145) vs Norma Dumont (145.5)

Co-Main Event
    Andrei Arlovski (245) vs Carlos Felipe (259)

Jim Miller (155) vs Erick Gonzalez (155)
    Manon Fiorot (125.5) vs Mayra Bueno Silva (126)
    Nate Landwehr (145.5) vs Ľudovít Klein (145.5)

Prelims (ESPN+, 3:30pm CT)

Andrew Sanchez (185) vs Bruno Silva (185)
    Danny Roberts (170.5) vs Ramazan Emeev (171)
    Lupita Godinez (121.5) vs Luana Carolina (125.5)
    Danaa Batgerel (135) vs Brandon Davis (136)
    Istela Nunes (114.5) vs Ariane Carnelossi (115.5)

Fight Odds

Tapology Fightcenter

• CityBoy410

I was just wondering if the UFC 267 PPV card free. I thought I heard they saying that while I’m watching the contender series

• someclevername

@CityBoy410 said...

I was just wondering if the UFC 267 PPV card free. I thought I heard they saying that while I’m watching the contender series

Looks like it will be on ESPN+

UFC 267 will not be a PPV event in the United States…

Watching DWCS myself – nasty left from Slava

• CityBoy410

@someclevername said...

Looks like it will be on ESPN+

UFC 267 will not be a PPV event in the United States…

Watching DWCS myself – nasty left from Slava

Yeah that was nasty. Seems like a good dude too. Also I figure since it’s a back to back PPV, maybe the UFC cut us a break. Lol The fight is a very early, probably the reason.

• CityBoy410

I’ve seen like a 11 am est. for that UFC 267.

• someclevername

Well, that didn’t take long – Eubanks is OUT. Lupita Godinez IN vs Luana Carolina per @CCLegaspi

• someclevername

@CityBoy410 said...

I’ve seen like a 11 am est. for that UFC 267.

ESPN showing prelims start at 9:30am CT

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Well, that didn’t take long – Eubanks is OUT. Lupita Godinez IN vs Luana Carolina per @CCLegaspi

My lineups were coming pre-loaded with Sarj, too. Loopy should win but I don’t like her if she’s going to be $9k too.

• someclevername

Yeah, losing Eubanks sucks. Agree that was a great spot for her.

While I do think “The Ghost Pepper” is a top notch nickname, I gotta take Jimmy here. He’s always live for that early sub – if he doesn’t get it… could get dicey. Getting up there at 38, not the best cardio, but even this version of him shouldn’t be losing to this guy. Father Time comes for us all though, so maybe he does, but I’m betting he’s got one more in him.

• jki7p6

Starting with Fiorot and hoping Ladd doesnt f up the weigh in.

• someclevername

@jki7p6 said...

Starting with Fiorot and hoping Ladd doesnt f up the weigh in.

Dumont has missed weight a couple times too. I know they were at bantamweight, but still…

• someclevername

We are all predicting Marquez/Wright to go the distance and Arlovski to get the first round KO, right?

• caleb21scott

I liked Loopy last week but its tough to take a stand this week. Second fight in 7 days and up a weight class and she is a -370 favorite thats tough

• thevogaman

@caleb21scott said...

I liked Loopy last week but its tough to take a stand this week. Second fight in 7 days and up a weight class and she is a -370 favorite thats tough

Yeah, I’m kind of tempted to take a chance on the dog here, but I think fading the fight entirely is the play. Odds say it’s going to a decision and it’s probably not going to score well if it does. Danny Roberts or Nate Landwehr will score well if they win (though I doubt that they will).

I’m interested in Mayra Bueno Silva a little bit. This will be the first time Fiorot has fought someone that’s not a complete tomato can (other than Ricci who was short notice and up a weigh class… maybe 2 weight classes). Fiorot should win with outside striking and movement, but if she tries to swarm Silva she’s probably not going to like what she gets in return and plus, she won’t want anything to do with the ground game of Silva. I think the line should be closer to -150 for Fiorot, so I might take a stab on Bueno Silva at +200.

• factorial89

does anyone here play bellator.

• thevogaman

@factorial89 said...

does anyone here play bellator.

Is there Bellator DFS anywhere?

• caleb21scott

@thevogaman said...

Yeah, I’m kind of tempted to take a chance on the dog here, but I think fading the fight entirely is the play. Odds say it’s going to a decision and it’s probably not going to score well if it does. Danny Roberts or Nate Landwehr will score well if they win (though I doubt that they will).

I’m interested in Mayra Bueno Silva a little bit. This will be the first time Fiorot has fought someone that’s not a complete tomato can (other than Ricci who was short notice and up a weigh class… maybe 2 weight classes). Fiorot should win with outside striking and movement, but if she tries to swarm Silva she’s probably not going to like what she gets in return and plus, she won’t want anything to do with the ground game of Silva. I think the line should be closer to -150 for Fiorot, so I might take a stab on Bueno Silva at +200.

You gotta think Loopy comes out pushing the pace and looking to close the distance maybe score a takedown and look to ground and pound. Im with you I think the fight goes to decision but both fighters are live. Not high on Danny Roberts or Nate Landwehr I would rather take a shot on the glass cannon Jordan Wright. Wright has serious KO power but his chin is a little suspect and im fully aware that Marquez has yet to be finished

• someclevername

She did it – Ladd 145 on the dot

• someclevername

Marquez OUT son of a bish

*Per UFC officials, Julian Marquez has been pulled from #UFCVegas40 for “non-COVID related health issues”. @MMAjunkieJohn

• factorial89

klein by rd.1 k.o.

• thevogaman

There’s something unnerving about locking in Jim Miller as your highest owned fighter. I think Marquez/Sarj were going to be the highest-owned fighters (other than the main event) and with them gone it’s going to be Klein and probably Fiorot or Bruno.

Klein as chalk is a little flimsy to me because you’re relying almost solely on him landing a flying knee or headkick in the first round. Granted that’s obviously live against Landwehr, but don’t be shocked if this fight is close. He was $9400 against Trizano and he would have scored 75 if he got the nod (which he should have) and that’s with 4 takedowns. I don’t like anyone above 9k honestly. Emeev is the only one up there with a high floor if he wins a decision and he’ll probably be the least owned of that group.

Felipe’s last two (maybe even three) were “won” solely on him taunting and going forward while getting outstruck and appearing just slightly less gassed than his opponents. The guy’s a weasel and I can’t stand his game. I think Arlovski won’t look tired and is going to land over 100 strikes. Felipe’s going to get his lead leg kicked and his face jabbed off… hell Arlovski could even toss him on his butt a couple of times if he feels like it. I think he can score 75+ and might do enough to beat out several of the expensive plays.

• thedkexperience

This seems like a 1 lineup and cross my fingers sort of week.

Edit – Make that 3.

I like Ladd, Batgirl, Emeev and Carnelossi a bit but aside from the Batgirl nothing much seems like a lock. I refuse to be sucked into confidently playing Jim Miller and the Arlovski fight screams of low scoring decision.

• yisman

second fight in seven or eight days is nuts. I’m going to take a shot with Carolina.

edit

maybe I will stack main event instead

• someclevername

I just watched Gonzalez’s fight vs Humberto Bandenay and if Jim loses to this guy I’m going to be very sad.

• jki7p6

I have a lineup. I keep looking at it and yep, ive decided it’s a lineup. Not sure about anything more than that.

• joephoto

My early lineup is the same as my late lineup this week.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).