MAIN FORUM

• SunTszu

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #61

RG Tiered Ranking

To fill the time for the 2-lost fights and in light of the main event, the card will kick off at 5:15 with a sped up PG version of “Brokeback Mountain”, The working title is “Sprained Ankle Hill”. The plot is about 2-fighters who are fighting out of their weight class, while being asked to carry a card that is imploding around them due to mosquitoes, failed drug tests and sticking the wrong hand in the Vaseline jar.

Other last minute changes to the card:

“Freight Train” Hamilton is now out after being sued by CSX Corp for using “train: in his name

AES (Ashlee Evans-Smith) is also out for improperly hyphenating

& and finally,

Brunson (2nd cousin twice removed to Doyle Brunson) decided that he would rather play cards.

WILL THE UFC EUTHANIZE THIS CARD ALREADY!

Seriously, how can I get my money back?

• bosoxfan0509

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

I had a write up for this event about halfway done. I can’t decide if I want to revise and finish or just scrap the whole post the way this event should be scrapped.

BTW, SunTszu, PM sent.

• Sclausen

Anthony Smith taking Trevor Smith’s place vs. LEONARDO GUIMARAES to continue adding to your changes.

• SunTszu

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #61

RG Tiered Ranking

@Sclausen said...

Anthony Smith taking Trevor Smith’s place vs. LEONARDO GUIMARAES to continue adding to your changes.

Who is Anthony Smith!

• dycdennis

How many changes are they going to make ? It’s Tuesday and prices are still not up.

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

At this point I’m likely scaling my play back considerably, but I’ve said that before and still played high volume haha. Crazy how many last minute changes there have been. At least this is followed by 2 very very solid cards (fingers crossed).

• dorfman10

Anthony Smith, you shouldn’t sleep on him, the guy finishes fights, is the Victory Fighting Champ, knocking our Josh Neer in the first round in January. So he has a quick turnaround, but didn’t take much damage in his title fight.

• NeverSlept

Who is better to hedge strickland/garcia or hamilton/abdurhakhimov ?

• SunTszu

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #61

RG Tiered Ranking

@NeverSlept said...

Who is better to hedge strickland/garcia or hamilton/abdurhakhimov ?

Not impressed with Shamil. I see Stickland/Garcia as more open

• cleanslate

Nice to start off this card with a win.

• cleanslate

Reneau showing no killer instinct at all, ridiculous fight. Evans-Smith is missing her strikes by literal feet here, if Reneau had any motivation this could have been an easy finish for her.

• cleanslate

What a lackluster, trash performance by Reneau, unbelievably frustrating.

• cleanslate

There goes my night. She deserved to lose, just stood out there and did almost nothing the 2nd and 3rd rounds. So sick of DFS right now, I need a break.

• Sclausen

Still thought she’d get the decision win there. Very surprised

• cleanslate

@Sclausen said...

Still thought she’d get the decision win there. Very surprised

The judges that scored that fight 30-27 and 29-27 should be permanently banned from judging MMA, that is as crooked as it gets. 29-28 should have been the score for all 3 judges, round 1 was clearly Reneau, round 2 could have gone to either fighter, round 3 was Evans-Smith. What round did Evans-Smith win 10-8? Having a 29-27 is disgusting, as is any judge that would have given Evans-Smith the 1st round and had this as a 30-27.

That being said Reneau watched a fighter throw air punches for 2 rounds that were literally 1-2 feet from connecting and made no effort at all to counter or do much of anything other than throw leg kicks. Evans-Smith was beyond unimpressive in this fight but by simply throwing air jabs that had nothing behind them and had no chance of landing she at least maintained the illusion of trying to actually fight, as opposed to Reneau’s impersonation of a deer in headlights.

Reneau should have come out hard in the 2nd and gone for the finish after nearly getting the submission at the end of round 1. Any fighter that has that passive of an approach has no right to ever complain when they lose a decision.

• thetitanlb

Renau was somewhat lackluster but i thought that was clearly 29-28 for renau. No clue how that judge scored it 30-27 for evans-smith. Or the 29-27. How is that possible? That would have to mean evans smith won a round 10-8 or that renau lost a point from a eye poke or something. Which did not happen. Something is up with the judges.

• cleanslate

Wow, turns out 2 judges gave Evans-Smith the 1st round, MMA has to be the most corrupt sport. It also looks like 1 judge simply doesn’t know how to add and meant to score the fight 29-28 instead of 29-27, lol. So the judges add up their own scorecards, are you kidding me? Check out the picture of it at : https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/701561132914356224

I don’t know how the UFC can tolerate this, they need to force the issue with the athletic commissions.

• cleanslate

@thetitanlb said...

Renau was somewhat lackluster but i thought that was clearly 29-28 for renau. No clue how that judge scored it 30-27 for evans-smith. Or the 29-27. How is that possible? That would have to mean evans smith won a round 10-8 or that renau lost a point from a eye poke or something. Which did not happen. Something is up with the judges.

Titan, check out the scorecard in the twitter link I just posted, this is beyond outrageous at this point.

• cleanslate

After seeing those scorecards I honestly think that at least one of the judges was so dumb that they literally mixed up Evans-Smith and Reneau on the scorecard when they scored the 1st round, meaning they meant to give the round to Reneau but marked the card improperly.

• thetitanlb

@cleanslate said...

Titan, check out the scorecard in the twitter link I just posted, this is beyond outrageous at this point.

Lol wtf. I could see rounds 2 or 3 going for Evans-Smith but the first round? Also not sure how you can be a judge if you cant do simple math.

• cleanslate

Bamgbose on all 3 of my teams, he may have just saved my night.

• LeRoiStephon

• Blogger of the Month

She didn’t fight that bad bro!!! She took rounds 1 and 2 clearly, Evans Smith got a rhythym and was able to take the 3rd… But this is why the 10 pt must system must go…. Renau didn’t get HURT EVER. She almost finished the fight… She did the most damage… She busted up Evans Smith…She punsihed her leg… No way she should lose that fight on the cards as there’s a good argument for a 10-8 rd 1… She almost finished TWICE!!

• thetitanlb

@LeRoiStephon said...

She didn’t fight that bad bro!!! She took rounds 1 and 2 clearly, Evans Smith got a rhythym and was able to take the 3rd… But this is why the 10 pt must system must go…. Renau didn’t get HURT EVER. She almost finished the fight… She did the most damage… She busted up Evans Smith…She punsihed her leg… No way she should lose that fight on the cards as there’s a good argument for a 10-8 rd 1… She almost finished TWICE!!

+111

• cleanslate

@LeRoiStephon said...

She literally cost me cashing everything tonight. I agree she should have won the fight 29-28 but when you fight as conservatively as she did during the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the fight I’m not ever going to feel bad for a fighter that loses a decision like that.

She was clearly the superior fighter and had absolutely no reason to back off the way that she did. She basically took an ultra-conservative approach thinking that she could coast to an easy victory because she dominated round 1. That’s not the type of fighter the UFC wants or needs, so as horrendous as the judges were that scored that 1st round so corruptly, I doubt the UFC will care that much unfortunately. They are actively trying to get rid of fighters that want to point win, not keep them around.

• RangerC

I hit the main card optimal for a whopping 23 dollar profit ($3 entry).

Oh and 10 point must continues to be the BCS of MMA – everyone hates it, no one can explain why we still use it , yet it persists. Hopefully one day it goes the way of the BCS.

• cleanslate

I also think you could make a valid argument that she lost both the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Were it not for how off the scorecards were in terms of how round 1 was scored the fact that she lost wouldn’t be nearly so controversial. It all came down to round 2 basically and Reneau certainly didn’t do anything so clear cut in that round that you could make a convincing argument she definitively won it.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).