Kyle Noke vs. Keita Nakamura
    Devin Clark vs. Alex Nicholson
    Rani Yahya vs. Matthew Lopez
    Scott Holtzman vs. Cody Pfister
    Cortney Casey vs. Cristina Stanciu
    Eric Spicely vs. Sam Alvey
    Lauren Murphy vs. Katlyn Chookagian
    Louis Smolka vs. Ben Nguyen

Good Luck to everyone entering the tourneys at Draftkings this Wednesday. Lets talk it up.

• extrayardage

Tough slate especially without salaries out yet.

Like Lineker, Samman & Noke…maybe Nguyen as a dog as well.

Still doing research though.

• zelda3024

@extrayardage said...

Tough slate especially without salaries out yet.

Like Lineker, Samman & Noke…maybe Nguyen as a dog as well.

Still doing research though.

We should get salaries tomorrow I believe. Wow I just seen the odds and Nguyen is a small favorite I would have thought he would be a slight underdog.

• bigcrip

weird card

• DontThrowPick6

Alvey fight has me a bit nervous. Alvey is just such a stupid fighter, refuses to do anything other than look for a one-punch ko in fights that should be winnable for him.

Interestingly, a couple of books opened the over/under at 1.5. If it goes over 1.5, it very likely goes distance IMO.

• extrayardage

I would pick against Alvey if I was going to use that fight in a lineup. He just fought last month and although he’s not facing a super tough opponent (by all accounts) the quick turnaround is often a sign of bad things for that particular fighters effectiveness.

• IronMonkey415

WHOA!!! MMA DFS on a Wednesday..I LIKE IT.
    Didn’t expect this at all.

• DontThrowPick6

Maybe, but him and theodoreau (sp?) were punching and kicking air most of the fight.

• extrayardage

Yeah I’m not sure we are in disagreement. I’m not targeting Alvey at all. Don’t think he’s a good fighter and his stats aren’t impressive. Don’t know much about his opponent.

There’s a lot of close odds for this card. But it is nice to have a lot less to choose from than that ridiculous 200 card. Was hard to see through the fog with so many potential plays.

• Antagonist88

I think a full fade of Alvey could be a mistake, at least for GPPs. His upside is definitely there, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he comes out more aggressive after how it cost him the Elias fight.

• stewa2js

Call me crazy but I might take a shot on Vannata. His striking looked pretty good over his last two fights (2 TKOs in the first round) and he avoided being taken down by Blackmon (former Olympic wrestling alternate) in his last fight. I know he hasn’t faced anywhere near the level of competition that Ferguson has but with his price being so low I don’t think taking a chance on him on one lineup is the worst idea.

• thetitanlb

@stewa2js said...

Call me crazy but I might take a shot on Vannata. His striking looked pretty good over his last two fights (2 TKOs in the first round) and he avoided being taken down by Blackmon (former Olympic wrestling alternate) in his last fight. I know he hasn’t faced anywhere near the level of competition that Ferguson has but with his price being so low I don’t think taking a chance on him on one lineup is the worst idea.

You are crazy. Tony Ferguson is a killer. I dont see them bringing in a newcomer to really challenge Ferguson who could fight for the belt in his next fight or 2.

• extrayardage

Can’t see Alvey for $11000.

• savant111

Super happy to have something DFS related to do during the all-start break. GL all. Think I’m fading Ferguson. His opponent has good foot work. I can see him surviving a little while. Ferguson takes up a lot of salary and will probably have 30%+ ownership. It could wind up beating me, but if so I’m okay w it.

I was just looking at the upcoming UFC schedule and it looks like starting July 30th they are moving from a 12 fight slate to a 9 fight slate. That would suck for DFS if it’s true.

Maybe it’s just a temporary thing though. They did just put on 3 fight cards last week.

• extrayardage

I am fading Ferguson in tourneys. Just don’t see the upside since he’s such a huge favorite. I’ll take my chances on some other guys I feel have potential for strong finishes.

• liquidfire

I predict a big uptick in ownership in a lot of the really cheap guys (except Vannata, obviously) due to Ferguson being such a heavy favorite and also being incredibly expensive.

I think maybe the best contrarian move is take 5 guys right out of the middle of the pack, that have higher “finish inside the distance odds” than their win/loss odds suggest.

Guys like Matthew Lopez, Ben Nguyen, Tim Boetsch, kindof fit that bill.

That being said I think a complete fade of Ferguson is insane. Just make sure the lineups that do have him differentiate themselves in some way. Don’t use all your salary cap w/ him, or stay away from obvious “value” picks.

• SunTszu

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #64

RG Tiered Ranking

Given that I suck putting together lineups exclusively for cash, I would agree that especially in cash games, fading TF is not wise. I like Nakamura & KC in the sub $9,500 space. Lopez is going to be highly owned. He is now the favorite in the fight, all of the “cool kids” are picking him and the DFS millionaires that play MMA, look for line moves re: DK salaries. I am going to use Lopez, though I have not been super impressed with his tape. Yahya is submission machine who lives on the ground. While Lopez is a very good wrestler, he is NOT a submission grappler and I watched struggle to put guys away on the ground that are vastly inferior to Yahya. As a striker, Lopez throws telegraphed looping arcs. While Yahya is not a great striker, he has fought better than Lopez and if he can avoid Lopez’s strikes, Lopez will likely get frustrated and shoot for a takedown, which is a huge mistake. I am going to use both guys in my DK lineups, though oddly, given all of the steam on Lopez, Yahya is a contrian play.

• Divine_Prodigy

Call me crazy but I think I like Cody Pfister to actually get a W……..for that price, that’d be all I want

• thetitanlb

@Divine_Prodigy said...

Call me crazy but I think I like Cody Pfister to actually get a W……..for that price, that’d be all I want

The fist probably has a max of like 45 dk points if he wins by decision. He is a actually a pretty decent wrestler. But once he takes people down he throws literally no strikes

• SunTszu

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #64

RG Tiered Ranking

I hate MMA Math. However, Sage’s deficiencies have been exposed, yet he (a karate guy) submitted Fister (a wrestler). Hot Sauce at this stage in his career is a more accomplished fighter than Sage. Therefore, I don’t see Fister giving Hot Sauce any problems that he can’t overcome. With that said, I am not overly confident in a quick finish & if I am going to be spending $10,700, a late-round finish or D, is not going to work in GPP’s (I would rather use Samman $10,600). Furthermore, since Fister is not a high volume striker and I see little chance that he can win, I am hard pressed finding a place for him either (I prefer AN $8,500). I have fairly low exposure to both fighters in my Haymaker lineups

• extrayardage

If I were to play some cash I would def have TF in some lineups but I’m not for this card. Nor will I have 100 lineups. So in that sense I feel completely fine without having Ferguson.

Im wondering if last week’s shows were a sign of things to come. There were a solid amount of finishes on the first two cards and 5 1st round finishes at 200. I hope to see more of that tonight.

• savant111

My line-ups are set.

I’m overweight Lopez, Alvey, Olmechuck (can’t spell) and faded Ferguson (I’m only playing GPP’s tonight)

One guy I’m underweight that scares me is Smolka. He’s got the reach and has some pretty slick moves. I like Ben 10 too though so I took him in more line ups. I don’t have enough Olynik either due to his salary which scares me.

Main event I split my action 55/45 Liniker’s way. He got higher SS upside and seems like the tougher of the two. MacDonald seems more skillful and has the size so I took a lot of him too.

Edit: I took Jesus too a bunch vs KO prone Botche

GL all

• Divine_Prodigy

Danny O is NOT good

• Antagonist88

Feel like everyone’s sleeping on Alex Nicholson. Dude’s tough as nails, packs a punch, and will have a good bit of size on Clark. Plus he’s got the octagon experience and a matchup that isn’t nearly as bad for him as Cirkunov was. Not my favorite play of the night by any stretch, but I definitely like him on the bottom end of the pricing

• savant111

I like Nicholsons upside. I don’t like his TD defense though against a wrestler. I did punt him in a few LUs

• savant111

@Divine_Prodigy said...

Danny O is NOT good

He’s not, but he hits pretty hard. Olynik stays kind of low. I can see DO connecting w a nice uppercut and endin it early.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).