MAIN FORUM

Comments

• LeRoiStephon

• Blogger of the Month

The magician, or the man with the stone hands?!? I’ll take the Magician! We;ve got loads of HW fighters on the card and I’m counting the 205’ers too!! Cutelaba vs. Wilson is the most intriguing fight at this point and I’m liking Cutelaba to get the W in this spot!! I haven’t seen Smolka’s opponent, but I’m liking him to roll against whoever after smoking Ben 10!! What about u guys!! What are your thoughts?!?

• Serpentor

@th3goat84 said...

Why are you so negative? You are a MMA fan but you’ve only posted negative things like this card sucks, this fighter sucks….

Negative? I just agreed with the guys opinion that cowboy is a good consideration for an “upset”. It’s called providing a logical reason for your opinion, you should try it sometime instead of just telling people they’re not “hardcore” mma fans when they do not agree with you.

• golferdude31

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #48

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2016 King of Summer Champion

@zelda3024 said...

LOL:))) That is possible…. I think my trigger finger is broke from the last fights i’m still seeing double vision of Eric Spicely.

True that….Santos absolutely killed me last week.

• thetitanlb

Well Will Brooks was the strikeforce champ at 155 and had been for a while. He basically classed everyone over there while actually beating some decent guys. So I’m sure that has something to do with it. MMA is not just the UFC

• golferdude31

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #48

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2016 King of Summer Champion

Question from the MMA ignorant. What exactly constitutes a reversal? Is it when someone has “control” over someone in a grappling/wrestling exchange and then it switches to the other person? On DK, it says reversal/sweep so I wasn’t sure what all that entailed.

• dp33071

It means that when someone has someone on their back and is in their guard/half guard/or side control, a reversal/sweep is when the person who is on his back is able to sweep or tie up the legs and use their hips to explode and get the other person on his back.

• therayray81

• 2011 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2012 DraftStreet DSFC Finalist

@Serpentor said...

Definitely would consider this. Will Brooks may be the most ridiculously over ranked fighter in the UFC, ever. How in the hell is this guy #11 at 155 lbs? It makes no sense any way you look at it. He’s only beaten ONE guy in the UFC, Ross Pearson, who i’m pretty sure was not ranked at the time and it was not even a finish. The commentator was just mentioning during the Francisco Trinaldo fight last week “Yeah 155 lb division, only one where a 6 fight win streak doesn’t even get you into the Top 15.” Trinaldo JUST broke into the ranks at #13 now with his SEVENTH win in a row! Trying to justify beating Ross Pearson as a reason does not work either because Trinaldo beat him also 3 fights ago in the process of that 7 fight streak and a few months before Will Brooks did. I’d be cautious though because if this goes to a decision, which it does for 50% of this guys fights, then it is obvious who the UFC wants as their next poster boy and will favor in a decision.

Brooks has beaten a lot of polished veterans. He is a solid fighter. Who cares about the rankings anyway. They mean absolutely nothing. It is not like you actually have to work your way up the rankings to get a title shot…

If you think Brooks hasn’t beat anybody, then who has Oliveira beat?

• Serpentor

@therayray81 said...

Brooks has beaten a lot of polished veterans. He is a solid fighter. Who cares about the rankings anyway. They mean absolutely nothing. It is not like you actually have to work your way up the rankings to get a title shot…

If you think Brooks hasn’t beat anybody, then who has Oliveira beat?

Unless your name is Conor McGregor, you do have to work your way up the rankings for a title shot, especially at 155 lbs.

Who has Oliveira beat? 4 guys who are actually in the UFC. Never said Brooks hasnt beaten anybody, he just has no business being ranked yet.

• 13nutz

Looks like a few guys missed weight…..
    Alex Oliveira 161.5
    John Lineker 136.5
    Hacran Dias 148.5

• th3goat84

@Serpentor said...

Unless your name is Conor McGregor, you do have to work your way up the rankings for a title shot, especially at 155 lbs.

Who has Oliveira beat? 4 guys who are actually in the UFC. Never said Brooks hasnt beaten anybody, he just has no business being ranked yet.

k

• zelda3024

@13nutz said...

Looks like a few guys missed weight…..
    Alex Oliveira 161.5
    John Lineker 136.5
    Hacran Dias 148.5

Nothing new for Lineker he has giving up 20% of his purse 5 times now. The sad part is moving up in weight was suppose to eliminate all this.

• NewMike

Anyone know what Oliviera’s walking around weight is, since he’s not allowed to weigh 175 before the fight. Not sure if it will be a factor, since 20 lbs should be pretty standard for lightweights.

• Serpentor

LOL. Why am I not surprised? Maybe I was wrong about what I said in the other thread about Lineker being a cheater though. I think maybe he’s just totally incompetent. Either way the guy has no business being in a main event or even the UFC in general. Guy can’t do his job properly, he’s been given enough chances.

• JHols1nger

Not sure how I feel about my highest owned fighter being a 36 year old TUF season 2 contestant that has lost 4 of his 5 fights since returning to the UFC.

• IronMonkey415

That is a good and risky pick. Tell the lurkers and the new people who he is.

I totally know who you are talking about.

• th3goat84

@IronMonkey415 said...

That is a good and risky pick. Tell the lurkers and the new people who he is.

I totally know who you are talking about.

His name is Robert Paulson

• zelda3024

@th3goat84 said...

:)))))))))))) LOL.

• Cbed11

@JHols1nger said...

Not sure how I feel about my highest owned fighter being a 36 year old TUF season 2 contestant that has lost 4 of his 5 fights since returning to the UFC.

Has he been in a bunch of street fights?

• JHols1nger

@th3goat84 said...

He might as well be Robert Paulson if he loses tonight.

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

SO many close fights tonight!

• JHols1nger

@bbbomb said...

SO many close fights tonight!

Out of the handful of -200 or larger favorites, who do you think is most likely to get upset?

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

Probably Blaydes, it’s still a lowish level HW fight so anything could happen.

• afcangelo

That’s DC in the booth doing color isn’t it? 90% sure that’s Cormier sure sounds like him

• afcangelo

What a pace to start off from the big fellas. Take down city for Blaydes but we all know he got hurt I think twice in that round. Blaydes needs to continue looking for those take downs and eventually start throwing bombs once in mount. He does not want to stand and throw with Cody East here

• thetitanlb

Wow blades just scored 153 dk points. Unreal smh. Faded him too. Seemed like a toss up fight despite the odds and i knew blades was gonna be super high owned. Now im beyond screwed smh.

• JHols1nger

@thetitanlb said...

Wow blades just scored 153 dk points. Unreal smh. Faded him too. Seemed like a toss up fight despite the odds and i knew blades was gonna be super high owned. Now im beyond screwed smh.

He provided too much value for me to fade, 10th highest salary with the 4th best odds. Pretty much the same deal for McCrory.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler