STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• LeRoiStephon

• Blogger of the Month

Man.. A few years ago, I would’ve picked the Super Samoan for sure, but the Black Beast seems kind of like he’s got that special mojo about him, and he’s the better quicker athlete.. Is Derek Brunson where the feel good Dan Kelly story gets derailed? It sure seems like it should be, but Dan Kelly has been unstopppable.. If Louis Smolka outwrestled Ben Ngyuen… Won’t Tim Elliot be able to do the same or has Ngyuen gotten better since then? Cutelaba over Henrique Da Silva all day.. Volkanovski over Hirota all day.. The rest of these fights.. I dunno.. What are your thoughts..

• thetitanlb

Cutelabe has a crazy good chin while Henriques chin is questionable. So I agree on cutelaba.

I would get Elliot pretty much can style on Nguyen. Elliot’s cardio is nuts. Only way I see him losing is his crazy style could lead him in getting caught in some random sub. But I don’t think Nguyen has the chops to catch him. Smolka has great subs and he couldn’t catch Elliot

• thetitanlb

In cash games I’m sure Elliot will be around 75%

• dictator_teddy

RG Overall Ranking

• 2017 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Was the Black Beast the guy who won his last fight, but kept getting kicked in his ribs and looked like he was going to go down because of it, but somehow comes around and knocks his opponent out, and then when asked about the body kicks during the post-fight interview he just said it was no big deal? If this is who I think it is, I remember that he seemed like he gassed really easily.

• mwgdfs

this is gonna be an awesome card imo

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

Can’t wait to hear you say Thibault Gouti is your most confident pick of the week, leroi.. lol

• zelda3024

@bbbomb said...

Can’t wait to hear you say Thibault Gouti is your most confident pick of the week, leroi.. lol

Okay lol

• zelda3024

On the other side Dong Hyun Kim not to mix (The Maestro) up with (The Stun Gun) If your doing research and your research is with Best fight odds and you click Dongs name it brings up the fight odds for the Stun Gun. Confusing a bit. Our Kim also has a chin from hell and was considered for fight of the year honors against Polo Reyes.

Yep he is 1-2 in the UFC and only won a decision against sucky Brendan O’Reilly but I feel this might be his chance to shine against Gouti. If he does not beat the crap out of him I don’t know who he can beat the crap out of. But he has an awesome chin.

• eric42

@dictator_teddy said...

Was the Black Beast the guy who won his last fight, but kept getting kicked in his ribs and looked like he was going to go down because of it, but somehow comes around and knocks his opponent out, and then when asked about the body kicks during the post-fight interview he just said it was no big deal? If this is who I think it is, I remember that he seemed like he gassed really easily.

Best post fight interview ever. He said he had to take a number 2. That’s why he was doubling over. He didn’t want to make boo boo in the octagon. Then he asked where Ronda Rousey’s fine ass was at.

• thetitanlb

@eric42 said...

Best post fight interview ever. He said he had to take a number 2. That’s why he was doubling over. He didn’t want to make boo boo in the octagon. Then he asked where Ronda Rousey’s fine ass was at.

Yes amazing post fight interview lol

• LeRoiStephon

• Blogger of the Month

Yes.. This was him!!! LOL

• Ronnyb

@LeRoiStephon said...

Man.. A few years ago, I would’ve picked the Super Samoan for sure, but the Black Beast seems kind of like he’s got that special mojo about him, and he’s the better quicker athlete.. Is Derek Brunson where the feel good Dan Kelly story gets derailed? It sure seems like it should be, but Dan Kelly has been unstopppable.. If Louis Smolka outwrestled Ben Ngyuen… Won’t Tim Elliot be able to do the same or has Ngyuen gotten better since then? Cutelaba over Henrique Da Silva all day.. Volkanovski over Hirota all day.. The rest of these fights.. I dunno.. What are your thoughts..

It’s too bad hunt is facing Lewis, I like both guys a lot. I’ll pick Lewis to win.

Cutelaba and volk are plug and play. I think Nguyen beats elliot

• headChopper

RG Contributor (OG Status)

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #37

RG Tiered Ranking

• x2

$1M Prize Winner

• 2014 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

I really think Lewis would get exposed against a good fighter, but I am not sure Hunt is that guy anymore. Seems to be just a shell of his former self and cashing checks at this point.
    I had to rub my eyes and make sure I was seeing the screen correct when I saw Cutelaba vs Frankenstein. Wow what a fight with some heavy duty guys.

• afcangelo

I’m almost positive I’m gonna have heavy exposure to Lewis, one of the first fighters I ever saw/followed (relatively new to MMA, 2015 but I make up ground quickly, especially when I LOVE something) and his power is just incredible. Hunt isn’t what he once was and I’ve even got questions about the chin now after that brutal, brutal set of knees Overeem delivered. Looking forward to this fight for sure though. Are we sure Lewis scores high enough in a win though due to his limited output?

SIDE NOTE: I want to see Derrick Lewis fight the future (maybe soon too) Heavyweight champion Francis Ngannou. Anybody know where Ngannou went cause it’s been awhile!

All in on Tim Elliot, dude’s cardio is insane and he is always looking to advance. Might be all in on Volkanovski as well, those could be big points.

Don’t sleep on Daniel Kelly either! At 7.2k he could verrrry well be the low end guy that I target this week. Pinchel looks like a good value at 7.8k too. Feeling really good about this card.

• thetitanlb

@afcangelo said...

I’m almost positive I’m gonna have heavy exposure to Lewis, one of the first fighters I ever saw/followed (relatively new to MMA, 2015 but I make up ground quickly, especially when I LOVE something) and his power is just incredible. Hunt isn’t what he once was and I’ve even got questions about the chin now after that brutal, brutal set of knees Overeem delivered. Looking forward to this fight for sure though. Are we sure Lewis scores high enough in a win though due to his limited output?

SIDE NOTE: I want to see Derrick Lewis fight the future (maybe soon too) Heavyweight champion Francis Ngannou. Anybody know where Ngannou went cause it’s been awhile!

All in on Tim Elliot, dude’s cardio is insane and he is always looking to advance. Might be all in on Volkanovski as well, those could be big points.

Don’t sleep on Daniel Kelly either! At 7.2k he could verrrry well be the low end guy that I target this week. Pinchel looks like a good value at 7.8k too. Feeling really good about this card.

Ngannou would murddderrrrr Derick Lewis. I agree on Elliot

• acdawg712

Think ngannou fought on the same card as frankenstein, so hoping he’s back soon. not sure who he’d fight tho, given velasquez’s status.

Elliot really does like a kind of player you target on draftkings, kinda why I went after lopez last week.

• DoryandApsis

I agree, Mark Hunt is a legend and Derrick Lewis has been on a rampage through the heavyweight division; But i think Mark wins by KO.

• Frustrated

Super Samoan you say?

• jolokia

If Hunt doesn’t head hunt and just looks to attack the body, he should have it. Lewis admitted 2 weeks ago that he broke a rib in his last fight….but with that said I’m always all in on the Beast!

Super hyped for this card!

• iron_tactics

I don’t agree with most of these Vegas lines, so i’m either dead wrong or winning money tonight

• jolokia

Did the Kim/Gouti fight get cancelled? Scrolling through my lineups at 6:58 and I noticed it…thank god I had enough time to swap them out

• steelcitymoles

Yes Gouti not cleared to fight

• iron_tactics

@jolokia said...

Did the Kim/Gouti fight get cancelled? Scrolling through my lineups at 6:58 and I noticed it…thank god I had enough time to swap them out

Yeah, Kim is fighting next weekend vs. Covington

• acdawg712

looks like around 9-10% ownership for gouti/kim. ufc is no mlb (ahem keuchel), but i certainly don’t feel bad given the news was announced 2 hours ago.

• acdawg712

a nice additional overlay in the 2k strike for sure. people are really filling up the televised slate; must be all the tilted folks who just found out.

• yisman

yeah everything filled early for televised, I checked for overlay

got in a couple of contests that had a little overlay for full slate and the 5 dollar one was at 99 people with like 40 seconds left and somehow no one else entered. I didn’t bother entering because there’s always people registering last minute. Not this time, I guess.

I made my lineup right before lock and DK had no news about Gouti/Kim. No indicator and I even clicked on the player card.

Good thing I found out because DK is often late with the alerts as they were today.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).