STRATEGY FORUM

• LeRoiStephon

• Blogger of the Month

Man.. A few years ago, I would’ve picked the Super Samoan for sure, but the Black Beast seems kind of like he’s got that special mojo about him, and he’s the better quicker athlete.. Is Derek Brunson where the feel good Dan Kelly story gets derailed? It sure seems like it should be, but Dan Kelly has been unstopppable.. If Louis Smolka outwrestled Ben Ngyuen… Won’t Tim Elliot be able to do the same or has Ngyuen gotten better since then? Cutelaba over Henrique Da Silva all day.. Volkanovski over Hirota all day.. The rest of these fights.. I dunno.. What are your thoughts..

• thetitanlb

Man stats are broken tonight smh

• yisman

Kim was already scheduled to fight in UFC 111 next week.

He was going to fight consecutive weeks had Gouti not pulled out?

• yisman

@yisman said...

Kim was already scheduled to fight in UFC 111 next week.

He was going to fight consecutive weeks had Gouti not pulled out?

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/4/6/15204758/dong-hyun-kim-colby-covington-ufc-fight-night-111-singapore

• acdawg712

@iron_tactics said...

Yeah, Kim is fighting next weekend vs. Covington

didn’t even register initially but he’s not fighting next week. there are 2 dong hyun kims.

• eric42

Two different guys.

• yisman

weird, one of them doesn’t even have a Wikipedia article

I actually checked Wikipedia early to see if they had the hatnote “For the other fighter named…” but there was nothing

• yisman

only guy I got at low ownership is Ottow at 15%

my next lowest is Brunson 46%

ouch

• zelda3024

Non Stop Ass Packed Dom Steele new nickname… That dude is just horrible…. Cut from the UFC for sure…

• yisman

yeah that was brutal

• acdawg712

ugh elliott pretty much killed all hope. got rid of a nguyen hedge line up for some reason too sigh.

• iron_tactics

@acdawg712 said...

didn’t even register initially but he’s not fighting next week. there are 2 dong hyun kims.

Aw yeah, I was wondering why I saw Kim on DK lineup for today (wasn’t tracking this card until today).

Got excited watching the fights then saw the lineups I made, do not drink and make lineups.

Except for Tim Elliot, would have done that sober 100% even knowing how he lost so damn quick to Ben but i’m happy to see Ben get the win.

Cutelaba was like

• zelda3024

@iron_tactics said...

Aw yeah, I was wondering why I saw Kim on DK lineup for today (wasn’t tracking this card until today).

Got excited watching the fights then saw the lineups I made, do not drink and make lineups.

Except for Tim Elliot, would have done that sober 100% even knowing how he lost so damn quick to Ben but i’m happy to see Ben get the win.

Cutelaba was like

I had a feeling that Ben would Win no pun. But I went 70-30 for Ben. Where I sort just hooked myself was with Frankenstein I was hoping for an upset and if that happened I’m pretty sure I would have won with 600 plus points. I am live in many others will have to see how the next fights play out.

• zelda3024

Wow that was laying out anyone what a knee Hooker… Pearson is tough as hell but that was a shot from hell.

• yisman

Lewis just totally quitting ruined my night.

Apparently he didn’t train to go more than one round.

• zelda3024

@yisman said...

Lewis just totally quitting ruined my night.

Apparently he didn’t train to go more than one round.

Lewis totally comes across as a sore loser… Just not long ago he was talking about fighting Ngannou after he gets past Hunt. He talks about Overreem and Werdum and how if you blow on there chins they drop.

He just thought that after he wins he should get the next title shot and get big bucks because that is what he needs. Now he comes out and talks retirement but needs money lol… What he did not expect is having to put in hard work to earn big bucks and a lose would seriously set him back big time to a title shot. Like maybe years.

He looked so lazy he complains all the time about traveling or how weak other opponents are and he totally just quit because he has no gas tank… I really liked the Black Beast but last night he showed his true fighting colors. All he was after is the money and in MMA if you don’t put in the work to move to the top level your going to get exposed and that is just what happened to Derrick Lewis.

• headChopper

RG Contributor (OG Status)

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #60

RG Tiered Ranking

• x2

$1M Prize Winner

• 2014 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

Well it felt like he had already contemplated retiring from the way he was talking. If so, that’s never a good person to put your money on…someone with one foot out the door dreaming about their wedding next week. Wish I had known

• yisman

@headChopper said...

Well it felt like he had already contemplated retiring from the way he was talking. If so, that’s never a good person to put your money on…someone with one foot out the door dreaming about their wedding next week. Wish I had known

Same.

He talked after the fight about how supposedly his back had been bothering him all week and he claimed that was why he couldn’t move.

Based on the information I had, Lewis was value, but if he actually had a back problem and was contemplating retirement, then he was a terrible play.

I managed to min cash, but it would’ve been quite a bit better had Lewis shown up.

• iron_tactics

We’re on to next week

• zelda3024

@yisman said...

Same.

He talked after the fight about how supposedly his back had been bothering him all week and he claimed that was why he couldn’t move.

Based on the information I had, Lewis was value, but if he actually had a back problem and was contemplating retirement, then he was a terrible play.

I managed to min cash, but it would’ve been quite a bit better had Lewis shown up.

I guess we all could have read in between the lines a bit better but conflicting reports prior to fight time threw many people off. For one if he had back issues prior and was evaluated by medical doctors and they just let him fight that is serious. They Pulled Cain from fighting and many others as well.
    ~
    I had more Hunt cards than Lewis but if I would have thought about it better I should have pulled all cards with Lewis.

Where I went wrong is having faith in Non stop ass packed Dom Steele. If we put that much Faith in Hooker instead who was cheaper my cards would have been way better. Like said on to this weeks card that starts at 3:30 am my time. Get a nap early…

• kswetnam1342

Too much Steele was my demise as well

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).