MAIN FORUM

Comments

• bbbomb

We got a SUNDAY FUNDAY card this week, it’s not a great one in terms of name value but there are quite a few fun fights. What’s crazy is that DraftKings launched prices on a Tuesday, which is two full days earlier than normal, considering the card takes place a day later. Are they listening? Maybe. Either way it’s fantastic.

Derrick Lewis vs. Travis Browne in the main event should be a good one, another one I’m not very confident about. Lewis has the power but can he keep the fight standing?

There will be no podcast on RotoGrinders this week but we’ll be posting a handful of shows on Twitter at BrettAppley for anyone who wants to watch. Premium content will remain the same this week.

WHO YOU GUYS LIKE??

Lewis 8.1k
    Browne 8.1k

Lombard 8.5k
    Hendricks 7.7k

Tucker 8.4k
    Sicilia 7.8k

Ferreira 8.2k
    Theodorou 8k

McMann 9.3k
    Mazany 6.9k

Felder 9.5k
    Ricci 6.7k

Ponzinibbio 9.2k
    Taleb 7k

Ezparza 9.1k
    Markos 7.1k

Zahabi 8.8k
    Vieira 7.4k

Santos 8.3k
    Marshman 7.9k

Meerschaert 9k
    Janes 7.2k

• thetitanlb

Excited to see Fahabi. Word is dude is crushing everyone at Tristar. Plus his brother is the man.

I think there will be a lot of exciting fights this card

• rockpie

Give me all the Tucker.

• Ronnyb

Some interesting fights love the pricing for gpp.

My lock is ponz, taleb is slow and basic and meers. Santos should win, didn’t like marsh on tape but he’s tough

• ParlayPicker

Any reason why there’s no qualifiers this week in the lobby?

• bbbomb

@ParlayPicker said...

Any reason why there’s no qualifiers this week in the lobby?

There’s a few big cards coming up, they might be waiting on those.

• ParlayPicker

Man I just want that thing to fill up so we can get it started haha. Excited for the card this week though!

• headChopper

RG Contributor (OG Status)

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking
    • Ranked #25

RG Tiered Ranking

RG Tiered Ranking
    • 2013 FanDuel WFBBC Champion

FanDuel WFBBC Champion
    • x2

2013 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

FanDuel WFFC Finalist

I’ve gone back and forth on this Browne/Lewis main event. This is a total coin flip for me. Any thoughts?

• Ronnyb

I feel like this card comes down to marshman and santos and Sicilian vs tucker

• afcangelo

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking
    • Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

RG Tiered Ranking

Trying to decide between McMann 9.3k or Esparza at 9.1, I feel like one of these ladies will find a finish against very much an inferior opponent. As far as Lewis/Browne goes, I’m with Chop on the coin flip. My initial lean was on Lewis because among other things (that monster right!) I just really hate Travis Browne’s “game” right now, he hasn’t looked good in awhile and this fight just screams Lewis R1 TKO. That said, like many have said this week, Travis Browne might be looking to take him down, if that’s the case and he doesn’t try to stand with the Black Beast then his chances improve significantly.

Even still though, when Derrick Lewis is on the ground on his back, he basically just decides when he wants to stand back up. Nothing technical he is just that much of a beast. So, this one’s gonna be tough and I could end up very easily being 50/50 maybe 40/60.

I really want to like Lombard in the co main, but there’s just so many question marks with Johnny Hendricks right now, add in the gas tank of Lombard which completely expires after 4 minutes, you can potentially see Hendricks taking him down and keeping him there in R2/R3.

Not the easiest card, but there are definitely spots (Zahabi)

• bosoxfan0509

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

FAWBC Finalist

I was really liking Tucker until I heard him in an interview say he wants to stand and trade with Sicilia and give the fans a show. I think Tucker would have a big advantage on the ground and would like him a lot more if he had said that’s where he wants to take the fight.

Am I the only one who thinks Taleb has a chance in this fight? Taleb does a good job of avoiding strikes and counterpunching, and I could see him avoiding Pinzinibbio’s right hand which is the only way I see him KOing Taleb.

• bbbomb

@headChopper said...

I’ve gone back and forth on this Browne/Lewis main event. This is a total coin flip for me. Any thoughts?

It’s a coin toss – but I like Browne more. He’s the better fighter and he’s fought much better competition recently. He could get KO’d quickly, but I think he’s more likely to win rounds, and can get the KO as well.

• djmeado

So I was wanting to get MMA going for my DFS toolbox, so I was wondering if anyone had best sites for analysis of each card from experts in the industry?

• bosoxfan0509

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

FAWBC Finalist
    @djmeado said...

So I was wanting to get MMA going for my DFS toolbox, so I was wondering if anyone had best sites for analysis of each card from experts in the industry?

This site has by far the most and best content of anyone for MMA in my opinion.

• Ronnyb

Hendrix will beat Lombard

• jolokia

big money going to hendricks the past 24 hours, I heard an interview with him and he feels much better moving up in weight so I might be a bit heavy on him.

Ponzi/Meer will probably be my anchors, what big priced fighters are yall heavy on?

• afcangelo

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking
    • Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

RG Tiered Ranking

I really want to like Taleb in this spot, it’s just a brutal matchup against Ponzinibbio though. Against almost anyone else I think I’d be on Taleb, but an ITD of +921 and a dog price of +325 there’s just not much upside here at all it seems. And Ponzinibbio is in top form right now, before the Cummings decision, R1 KO/TKO of Court McGee and Andres Stahl (which I mean yeah it’s Andres Stahl) but still handled business. Lost to Lorenz Larkin who we all know is a complete monster, and a few more wins prior to that as well. It does seem like he can get taken down though, which may be an avenue Taleb looks into but he has to take the fight to at least somewhat deeper waters before that can happen I think.
    Still, Taleb has looked impressive lately and I’ll have a few shares, but I am worried about a quick finish, but for 7k he’s not the worst salary relief and an interesting way to be contrarian.

As for Meerschaert I think I might be heavy on him. Adequately priced at 9k and I don’t think his ownership will be too terribly high, let’s just put it this way, I’d MUCH rather have Meerschaert for 9k than Felder for 9.5k, Right now Meerschaert is my #3 overall GPP play, and he might move even higher by tomorrow night. Not much is known about Ryan Janes, and yea MMA math and all, but if he can get taken down twice by Keith Berish, then Meerschaert should be able to shoot no problem, and once he’s on the ground, I expect passes until he takes his back followed by the RNC. Vegas really likes Meerschaert here too, -295 live, -123 ITD which is the best ITD on the card. 9k is a bargain and at lower ownership than some of the other top dollar guys I like Meerschaert here quite a bit.

At the bottom of the barrel, I’m having somewhat of a tough time deciding on Markos 7.1k or Ricci all the way at the bottom for 6.7k. Oh and that Lombard/Hendricks fight scares the hell out of me

• callmetouch

U know what fight scares my lineup? Santos vs Marshman

• thetitanlb

@afcangelo said...

I really want to like Taleb in this spot, it’s just a brutal matchup against Ponzinibbio though. Against almost anyone else I think I’d be on Taleb, but an ITD of +921 and a dog price of +325 there’s just not much upside here at all it seems. And Ponzinibbio is in top form right now, before the Cummings decision, R1 KO/TKO of Court McGee and Andres Stahl (which I mean yeah it’s Andres Stahl) but still handled business. Lost to Lorenz Larkin who we all know is a complete monster, and a few more wins prior to that as well. It does seem like he can get taken down though, which may be an avenue Taleb looks into but he has to take the fight to at least somewhat deeper waters before that can happen I think.
    Still, Taleb has looked impressive lately and I’ll have a few shares, but I am worried about a quick finish, but for 7k he’s not the worst salary relief and an interesting way to be contrarian.

As for Meerschaert I think I might be heavy on him. Adequately priced at 9k and I don’t think his ownership will be too terribly high, let’s just put it this way, I’d MUCH rather have Meerschaert for 9k than Felder for 9.5k, Right now Meerschaert is my #3 overall GPP play, and he might move even higher by tomorrow night. Not much is known about Ryan Janes, and yea MMA math and all, but if he can get taken down twice by Keith Berish, then Meerschaert should be able to shoot no problem, and once he’s on the ground, I expect passes until he takes his back followed by the RNC. Vegas really likes Meerschaert here too, -295 live, -123 ITD which is the best ITD on the card. 9k is a bargain and at lower ownership than some of the other top dollar guys I like Meerschaert here quite a bit.

At the bottom of the barrel, I’m having somewhat of a tough time deciding on Markos 7.1k or Ricci all the way at the bottom for 6.7k. Oh and that Lombard/Hendricks fight scares the hell out of me

Janes is a BJJ black belt so I don’t think it will be so easy to just choke him out

• callmetouch

I’m in on Browne 95%. If he gets knocked so be it.

• beastmodecal

@thetitanlb said...

Janes is a BJJ black belt so I don’t think it will be so easy to just choke him out

Black Belts mean shit now days.

• jolokia

Who are you heavy on beastmode? I miss those epic blogs!

• NewMike

@jolokia said...

Who are you heavy on beastmode? I miss those epic blogs!

+1

• 13nutz

@NewMike said...

+1

Veryhelpful

• headChopper

RG Contributor (OG Status)

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking
    • Ranked #25

RG Tiered Ranking

RG Tiered Ranking
    • 2013 FanDuel WFBBC Champion

FanDuel WFBBC Champion
    • x2

2013 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

FanDuel WFFC Finalist

Flipped the coin and it landed on Lewis. 1 of these guys is getting big points so I’ll take a 50-50 shot with lewis. I’m saving money with Markos. She’s not terrible. I think she can survive and go 3 rounds. Maybe she pulls the upset by decision. It really makes the rest of my lineup feel potent

• bosoxfan0509

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

FAWBC Finalist

10 Lineups… 0 Felder and 0 Ponzinibbio. Only 50% exposure to main event. What could go wrong?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Sites mentioned in this thread

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

Subforum Index

Advertisement

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Disclosures: All RotoGrinders content contributors are active DFS players. Contributor screen names can be found on their respective RotoGrinders profile pages. Contributors reserve the right to use players or strategies not discussed in their content on RotoGrinders.