MMA FORUM

Comments

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

I just saw all the drama between Dana & Ngannou’s management. A couple things:

1a. How do we feel about this fight?

1b. How do we feel about the interim title? IMO this seems like Dana trying to flex his power.

2. What shape is the UFC in if it lets this stuff happen? You really couldn’t wait one month?

Maybe there’s more to this as I’m a bit newer to UFC than most but seems bad for the sport. Thoughts?

• yisman

of note is the UFC decided to take 4th of July weekend off.

I do not understand this interim fight.

Ngannou just fought in March. They wanted him to defend the title so soon?

Khabib went over a year without fighting when he held the lightweight belt.

• hautalak

• x2

@yisman said...

Khabib went over a year without fighting when he held the lightweight belt.

This is my main point. Countless other title holders had more time. From what I read seems like UFC/White doesn’t like his management company.

• someclevername

Idk all of the details, so I could have this all wrong, but from what I gather they wanted a stronger headliner than Nunes/Pena for the August card. Ngannou doesn’t want to fight til September. Lewis is always down to get paid (and it’s in Houston) & a great opportunity just presented itself to Gane.

I think it’s stupid as hell to do this as an interim title fight, but Dana has been doing shady shit for years. The legitimacy of belts is not his priority. It all boils down to money and probably a little petty grievance mixed in. *Actually was reading some takes tonight that Ngannou is ducking Lewis or something lol. I find it much more likely that the UFC lowballed him. Trying to keep up with all this drama is exhausting – just tell me who is fighting who so I can pick the wrong one for my DK lineup.

As for the actual fight, it’ll be much like most of Lewis’ fights. Gane will be winning every second of it until he gets clocked upside the head with a Black Beast Bomb from the depths of hell. If he avoids that he cruises. This is a terrible matchup for Lewis, but you can’t ever count him out with that crazy power.

Also noticed earlier DK has the pricing out for next weekend’s card so I suppose I should get that thread up. No rest for the weary! (lol it takes like 10 minutes)

• hautalak

• x2

@someclevername said...

I find it much more likely that the UFC lowballed him. Trying to keep up with all this drama is exhausting – just tell me who is fighting who so I can pick the wrong one for my DK lineup.

That’s a bit of what I figured too. I just wanted some “MMA” guys opinion on this. Just hate Dana bullying everybody around.

Could use a break so this week off is good. Unfortunately I’ll have to play me some
    Connor lineups but I wonder if he’s “washed” and has too many other business obligations.

• CityBoy410

As for the July 10th card, I see Conor and Dustin are priced the same or did I see that wrong?

• someclevername

@hautalak said...

That’s a bit of what I figured too. I just wanted some “MMA” guys opinion on this. Just hate Dana bullying everybody around.

Yeah, Dana is a prick. You can usually tell when someone has asked for more money cos then it’s “so and so doesn’t want to fight” lol.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).