STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, April 10th, 2021 | UFC APEX | Las Vegas, NV

Main Card (ABC/ESPN+, 2pm CT)

Main Event
    Marvin Vettori (186) vs Kevin Holland (183.5)

Co-Main Event
    Arnold Allen (145.5) vs Sodiq Yusuff (146)

Sam Alvey (186) vs Julian Marquez (186)
    Nina Nunes (116) vs Mackenzie Dern (115)
    Mike Perry (170) vs Daniel Rodriguez (170.5)

Prelims (ESPN/ESPN+, 11am CT)

Jim Miller (155.5) vs Joe Solecki (155.5)
    Scott Holtzman (155.5) vs Mateusz Gamrot (156)
    John Makdessi (153.5) vs Ignacio Bahamondes (156.75)*
    Yorgan De Castro (261.5) vs Jarjis Danho (255.5)
    Jack Shore (136) vs Hunter Azure (135.5)
    Luis Saldaña (145.5) vs Jordan Griffin (145.5)
    Da Un Jung (205.5) vs William Knight (205.5)

Early Prelims (ESPN+, 10:30am CT)

Impa Kasanganay (170.5) vs Sasha Palatnikov (170.5)

*Bahamondes missed the lightweight limit by 0.75 pounds and will be fined 20% of his purse

Fight Odds

Tapology Fightcenter

• smonger19

@thevogaman said...

Interesting ownership tidbits (from Awesemo): he has Palatnikov north of 30% (which seems unlikely to me).

30% does seem pretty high. I can see taking him as a salary saver. The fight is likely to got the distance and could stay standing so he’ll score some points in a loss and has an outside chance at a win. However, there aren’t enough high priced fighters where you need a real salary saver.

I’m leaning towards doing only one lineup (due to the early start), but if I were doing multiples I would have some Palatnikov, but likely not 30%.

• smonger19

@thevogaman said...

Yeah but that trend is only for chalk favorite Holland. As a dog, he’s undefeated when he shares the card with a female fighter who changed her name mid week.

And that is important information that I would have overlooked while making my models (also, my models consist mainly of nicknames, walkout songs, hair colors and sunglasses).

• someclevername

Haven’t seen any whining Perry tweets today – little disappointed, but also impressed (granted that bar is very low). He is at an actual camp this go ‘round and I presume will have an actual corner. If he looks good on the scale, I perhaps maybe possibly talk myself into focused Platinum 2.0

• CityBoy410

Isn’t ESPN and ABC under the same umbrella? So ESPN has the Masters during the week and then it’s on CBS during the weekend while ABC will have the UFC fight on Saturday. 🤷🏾‍♂️

• joephoto

Got up early to check for cancellations, look for current odds, and read what you guys have been saying so far.
    All exited for Saturday morning MMA.
    Went down for the morning paper and realized today was only Friday.

• someclevername

Dumont/Blanchfield OFF.

“Blanchfield was willing to fight, per her manager, but it was pulled by the NAC after Dumont missed weight by 3.5 pounds” per @mma_kings

• CityBoy410

@someclevername said...

Dumont/Blanchfield OFF.

“Blanchfield was willing to fight, per her manager, but it was pulled by the NAC after Dumont missed weight by 3.5 pounds” per @mma_kings

Once I saw how the guy was walking with her on the weigh in stage, I knew that fight was getting canceled.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Dumont/Blanchfield OFF.

Damn!… that big, beautiful butt cost us a fight. I was going to be pretty heavy on Blanchfield, too.

• someclevername

@joephoto said...

Went down for the morning paper and realized today was only Friday.

I had real problems a couple weeks ago when golf started on Wednesday lol messed my inner calendar all up.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

Damn!… that big, beautiful butt cost us a fight. I was going to be pretty heavy on Blanchfield, too.

lol – she missed by a full Kardashian

• someclevername

Thinking of just straight fading the DWCS guys and taking Griffin & Makdessi. They might be better bets than fantasy picks, but there is a level of competition difference here that puts them in play for me.

Shore & Gamrot with wrestling upside if they don’t get caught with something. If De Castro comes out and starches Danho I’m going to feel very dumb for not taking him, but I don’t feel like this is a Tuivasa/Hunsucker situation. Maybe it is? Also on that one, I was listening to Dog or Pass and it was brought up that Danjo is live to look for a way out. I believe Paul called him “The Weasel” lol. Could be shenanigans afoot.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Thinking of just straight fading the DWCS guys and taking Griffin & Makdessi.

It’s funny because more than half the fights feature guys from DWCS. Impa, Knight, Saldana, Yorgan, Bahamondes, Solecki, Sodiq, & Holland. But I know what you meant, these latest 2. I like Griffin, but I don’t think I can play the Bull here. He’s just so careful out there and I expect even less risk-taking in this matchup. If he could take a decision win, I don’t see how it gets even 60 points.

edit: Come to think of it… Jordan Griffin was on Contender Series, too.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

It’s funny because more than half the fights feature guys from DWCS. Impa, Knight, Saldana, Yorgan, Bahamondes, Solecki, Sodiq, & Holland. But I know what you meant, these latest 2. I like Griffin, but I don’t think I can play the Bull here. He’s just so careful out there and I expect even less risk-taking in this matchup. If he could take a decision win, I don’t see how it gets even 60 points.

That’s true, I should have been more specific. The DWCS guys that are making their debut lol.

I’m not in love with playing Makdessi, but I was strongly considering Blanchfield so I need someone else down there. Hot Sauce has upside, but I’m playing Gamrot. Azure also, but playing Shore. Maybe Miller…maybe. Danho hard pass. Palatnikov eh. Holland hard pass.

So Miller or Makdessi – Miller obviously with much higher upside. Maybe I’ll get crazy and do two lineups!

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

edit: Come to think of it… Jordan Griffin was on Contender Series, too.

Since I said that honestly surprised now that everyone on this card didn’t come from DWCS – close though.

I completely forgot Sodiq was on there which is kind of crazy since his fight with Mike Davis was definitely memorable.

*Oh and hard pass on Alvey.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

So Miller or Makdessi – Miller obviously with much higher upside.

What; no love for Sam Alvey? (edit: nm).

Yeah, it’s pretty much impossible to fit Vettori, Gamrot (or Solecki), and Shore (without the rest getting pretty ugly).

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

What; no love for Sam Alvey?

lol I had just made that edit. My brain instantly rejected the thought of taking him when I was looking at that section of salaries. He’ll be in the winning lineup now.

• someclevername

Looking at the faceoffs…Jung with just a smidge of a size advantage

• someclevername

Bahamondes too, but taller and lean – Jung looking like a damn monster.

• BigDaddy123

jung looks like hong man choi next to knight….. i guess i am rethinking my Knight plays

• someclevername

Scrolling through Azure’s record and he was on DWCS too lol

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

Scrolling through Azure’s record and he was on DWCS too lol

Lot of contenders on this one huh?

Speaking of height, haven’t watched the face-off but was Allen wearing boots or something? He looked 3 inches taller in the pic I saw but is listed an inch shorter.

• BigDaddy123

@thevogaman said...

Speaking of height, haven’t watched the face-off but was Allen wearing boots or something? He looked 3 inches taller in the pic I saw but is listed an inch shorter.

allen was wearing sneakers , sodiq had flip flops on. also holland was barefoot, vetorri in flip flops.

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

• someclevername

Dropping from Gamrot to Jung so I can get Makdessi out of my lineup and boy Daukaus or Khizriev sure would have fit in nicely but THAT’S OK.

• jki7p6

https://mobile.twitter.com/ConOfCombat/status/1380732524750602242

Holland hah

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).