MAIN FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, June 20th, 2020 – UFC APEX – Las Vegas, NV

ESPN/ESPN+ Main Card – 7pm CT

Curtis Blaydes (261) vs Alexander Volkov (247)
    Josh Emmett (146) vs Shane Burgos (146)
    Raquel Pennington (136) vs Marion Reneau (136)
    Belal Muhammad (170.5) vs Lyman Good (170.5)
    Jim Miller (159.5)* vs Roosevelt Roberts (160)*

ESPN/ESPN+ Prelims – 4pm CT

Clay Guida (154.5) vs Bobby Green (155.5)
    Tecia Torres (116) vs Brianna Van Buren (115)
    Marc-Andre Barriault (185.5) vs Oskar Piechota (185.5)
    Cortney Casey (123.5) vs Gillian Robertson (125.5)
    Frank Camacho (158)** vs Justin Jaynes (156)
    Roxanne Modafferi (125.5) vs Lauren Murphy (125.5)
    Austin Hubbard (156) vs Max Rohskopf (155)

*Miller/Roberts at 160 pound catchweight

**Camacho missed the Lightweight limit by 2 pounds

UFC on ESPN 11 Worksheet – Version 01

• gje627

Hey all ….

For the handful of folks here who like the numbers I post … sorry about not posting last weekend …. I was a little (lot) compromised all week so I did very little of anything at all (including not playing the last two NASCAR slates).

Anyways, as this card gets closer to finalizing … I think have some really cool numbers to post this week.

While not perfect (still some data holes … just a few) … one thing I have worked hard on recently is expanding, cleaning, etc. my UFC database … and I must say, I’m pretty excited about it.

To date, there have been 519 total cards (and/or events) in UFC history. Right now, I have extremely comprehensive data for all fight cards from 2013 to Present … meaning my database includes all fights from UFC on FX 7: Belfort vs. Bisping (1/19/2013) to UFC on ESPN 10: Eye vs. Calvillo (6/13/2020)

All-in-all … this roughly equates to (I say “roughly” because I’m not including data with holes) ….

295: fight cards
    3,069: unique fights
    1,396: unique fighters

Working backwards to get back to the beginning … but not very hard … as rule changes (including weight classes) over the years makes the older numbers less-and-less useful.

Anyways … absent any unforeseen circumstances … later this week should be able to post some pretty interesting stuff.

• gje627

Oh …. One more thing. In the course of my research, ran across this, so I created a file ….

This is for Smonger19 only … so please … everyone else refrain from clicking on the link. :)

Hmm … What Could This Be?

______

• smonger19

@gje627 said...

Oh …. One more thing. In the course of my research, ran across this, so I created a file ….

This is for Smonger19 only … so please … everyone else refrain from clicking on the link. :)

Hmm … What Could This Be?

That is awesome. Very needed and much appreciated.

• thevogaman

I’m just crossing my fingers, hoping this card stays in tact. It’s almost impossible for a solo takedown when there are only 10 fights. Also, I’m pretty confident we won’t see so many fighters scoring over 100 fantasy points (like last week). I think the winning lineup will be in the mid 600’s.

Blaydes should be the highest owned guy on the slate, and honestly, I plan on being under the field on him. He really cost me last time against JDS. This one just feels like a low scoring, feeling-out round 1; he gets the takedown mid-2nd but never really does that much with it, then maybe 3-5 gets a finish or at least gets top control a lot but plays it safe. I can see mid 80s happening more often than not. I think I’ll have like 35% (assuming he’s closer to 50%-owned), but hope I can get there without the main event.

Also, the only girl I’m targeting on this one is the Robertson/Casey winner.

• NewMike

I heard that Max Rohskopf was too injured to train when the UFC called him. He had a post up on instagram saying it had been a couple weeks without training but he’s taken it down since. Has anyone else heard that?

• Johnsloop

From what I could find, Rohskopf tweeted out that he would take a short notice fight at 170 on 4 days notice although he had not trained for two weeks due to injury. This was on the 9th of June, so it’s hard to say how much of a toll this will take on him physically. If they stick to 155, I like Hubbard. He was already training for a grappler and should have better gas. Not to discount Rohskopf, but he’s got a lot of question marks around him for me.

• thevogaman

@Johnsloop said...

If they stick to 155, I like Hubbard. He was already training for a grappler and should have better gas. Not to discount Rohskopf, but he’s got a lot of question marks around him for me.

My concern is that Hubbard seems far less likely to pay off his salary in a win than Max would be… but yeah, seems about right. Then again, these small cage fights are more likely to finish and Max will probably be gassed if we get out of the first.

• gje627

Sorry … totally not UFC-related … and “my” politics notwithstanding … but if you haven’t read this yet … it’s easily the best thing I’ve ever read on ESPN ….

Chuba Hubbard, Mike Gundy and the Power of College Football Players

• m994770

Seconded. I don’t understand why Hubbard is -180 or why the fight is -160 for a stoppage…

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #48

RG Tiered Ranking

UFC Fight Night odds (via William Hill US)

Curtis Blaydes (-400) vs. Alexander Volkov (+320)
    Shane Burgos (-135) vs. Josh Emmett (+115)
    Raquel Pennington (-140) vs. Marion Reneau (+120)
    Belal Muhammad (-145) vs. Lyman Good (+125)
    Roosevelt Roberts (-230) vs. Jim Miller (+195)
    Bobby Green (-230) vs. Clay Guida (+195)
    Matt Frevola (-115) vs. Frank Camacho (-105)
    Oskar Piechota (-130) vs. Marc-Andre Barriault (+110)
    Brianna Van Buren (-200) vs. Tecia Torres (+175)
    Gillian Robertson (-120) vs. Cortney Casey (+100)
    Roxanne Modafferi (-120) vs. Lauren Murphy (+100)
    Max Rohskopf (-155) vs. Austin Hubbard (+135) 

• joephoto

Won 3 -DK $25 Milly tix !
    But looked and saw they were for July 11th.
    Can wait tho. Gotta play this week. Emmett looks good.

• gje627

@smonger19 said...

That is awesome. Very needed and much appreciated.

Continue to clean (and rinse … what good does cleaning do without a good rinse?) …. Anyways … if any UFC fighter has/had a nickname since 2013 AND has fought a sanctioned UFC fight, I now have it (finished cleaning fighter vitals to current today) … and/also actually I’ve been removing nicknames from my database as I can’t use them (only Smonger is qualified to analyze nicknames … way beyond my mathematical/statistical acumen ….) ….

Anyways …. $50.00 (PayPal or Venmo only) … and my eternal respect to anyone who can correctly guess the Top 5 most-common UFC nicknames since 2013 (in order … i.e. the correct permutation so no combinations).

I.e. fill in the blanks ….

1. ??
    2. ??
    3. ??
    4. ??
    5. ??

To give ya’ll a free square …. Numero Uno ….

The movie “Slap Shot” with Paul Newman was based on a real professional hockey team (my favorite sport … technically, though, college hockey is my favorite sport) …. This real-life hockey team is known as being the “Most BAD-ASS” hockey team of all-time (bad-ass in terms of being unrelentingly mean and vicious … not in terms of talent … but they did win a Stanley Cup if I recall correctly … edit: I was correct … this team won the Stanley Cup in 19??. :)

Anyways … the nickname for this team was the “Broad Street Bullies” ….

Among the most altogether nastiest group of NHL players of all-time … one stood-out ….

As the King of the Bad-Asses” !!!

It is this “King of the Bad-Asses” nickname that sits at Numero Uno ….

Approximately 24 hours from now, I’ll post a revised/updated/complete file with the nicknames …. Entries must be submitted on this forum before this list is updated ….

Hope to at least get 1 entry …. :)

_________

EDIT 1: … To the real smart people who wanted to get a good head-start … and only now thought to download my first file … I deleted it. :).
    EDIT 2: … There is a 3-way tie for 5th place …. Therefore … rules (revised rules) require you need the first 4, and only one of the possible at 5.
    EDIT 3: … Goes without saying … only one winner … no PMs … reply to this post.
    EDIT 4: … For submissions … will not confirm if one or more are correct. Will only confirm all five … in the correct order.
    EDIT 5: … All five pretty much suck as nicknames go … including the 3-way at number 5.

“The gauntlet has been thrown down, but the faculty gje627 have has answered … and answered with vigor.”

— Professor Lambeau, “Good Will Hunting” … mostly anyways … edited for my own purposes …. :)

_____

• thevogaman

@gje627 said...

I.e. fill in the blanks ….

1. ??
    2. ??
    3. ??
    4. ??
    5. ??

1. The Happy Warrior?

Jk… I got nothing.

• gje627

@thevogaman said...

1. The Happy Warrior?

Jk… I got nothing.

I will neither confirm or deny … but that’s a killer nickname OR maybe not … so probably NOT? … Maybe SO? ….

Who knows ???

Me that’s who !!! :)

Another hint … or two … or three … I’ll continue to give more hints as the deadline approaches …

Hint 1: … All of the Top 5 (including ties) begin with the word “The” … except 1.
    Hint 2: … One of those tied at the very end … at “5” and the only one that does NOT start with word “The” … is a word included in the title of the single greatest “adult cartoon” of all-time (13 seasons … have all 13 on DVD … another hint) … not weird adult … it was on regular TV (channel withheld for fear of easy answers to my “clues” …).
    Hint 3: … If Clever does not get “Hint 2” … I’ve lost all respect …. :(

EDIT: Unless I get MONSTER participation … I will only provide all future “numbers posts” in this format … i.e. with subtle references and obfuscations ….

And yes … For those who think this is a good thing ….

Please shout YEE-HAW for all of us here to hear … that play on words was kind of cute … if I don’t say so myself …. :)

• someclevername

@gje627 said...

Hint 3: … If Clever does not get “Hint 2” … I’ve lost all respect …. :(

I love me some King of the Hill GIFs lol and King sounds generic enough to be on this list. I have a few DVDs myself, but not every season. Great show! That is it, right? lol If it isn’t I have no idea.

• someclevername

Been tinkering my golf lineup, so haven’t really delved into this card yet, but Emmett/Burgos should be fun. Love the output of Burgos, but Emmett got that powah – only needs one.

• gje627

@someclevername said...

I love me some King of the Hill GIFs lol and King sounds generic enough to be on this list. I have a few DVDs myself, but not every season. Great show! That is it, right? lol If it isn’t I have no idea.

I will neither confirm or deny ….

• gje627

Best advice … don’t post until you have a complete list.

Clever … unless you want to participate … I can PM you the correct answers … I trust you …. This way people know I’m not cheating on my offer …. Just let me know by posting here so that myself and everyone here knows you will be “Crypt-Keeper”.

Again … Numero Uno is a gimme …

If not? …. I’m ashamed to part of this of this forum !!!

C’Mon people !!!

_____

EDIT: … And yes … obviously bored tonight and have zero interest in doing anything useful or productive ….

• someclevername

1. The Hammer
    2. The Hitman
    3. The Hurricane
    4. The Machine
    5. King

• NewMike

My guesses

1. The Hammer
    2. The Pitbull
    3. The Spider
    4. The Cowboy
    5. King

• gje627

To Clever and NewMike ….

I will neither confirm or deny your answers ….

However … if, in the event your answers are correct I will both confirm and pay out

Again … Regarding your answers?

I will neither confirm or deny. :)

• someclevername

@NewMike said...

2. The Pitbull

Oh shit, that’s a good one lol

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

1. The Happy Warrior?

You going 100% Roxanne this week? lol

• gje627

@someclevername said...

You going 100% Roxanne this week? lol

I “heart” … (no emojis no GIFs) … Roxanne … the single best person in the UFC right now ….

Bar None !!! :)

• someclevername

@gje627 said...

I “heart” … (no emojis no GIFs) … Roxanne … the single best person in the UFC right now ….

Bar None !!! :)

She’s great, I agree. Just a nice, humble person – gettin’ rare these days! I was stoked for her when she beat Barber – my lineup wasn’t lol but I was. She’s a good egg.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler